Thursday, 14 July 2011

Stupendous Steampunk!

Hiya folks!

Hope you are all enjoying the same sunny weather as we are here in Scotland? Makes a fabulous change from the usual grey! LOL

I have a few bits to share with you today.
Last weekend I released a new Steampunk style image, named Tattoos and Feathers into the Delicious Doodles Shop - here she is:



Well, since then I have been working on another little corner image to match this and the Cogs Corner one that is already in the shop, and today I am releasing it too.
Here it is then, 'Steampunk Corner':

And the backing paper - Steampunk Paper:


I used the corner image to make a matching backing paper above. It is a greyscale image (black and white), but you should be able to change it up in whatever package you use. I happen to have an old version of QuarkExpress, which enables be to do just that, and I made a card with all these elements below:



I have used a lovely jade coloured bazzill for the base card, then I used the new backing paper and made the background of it a goldy yellow colour, and the actual picture a reddish brown, which goes a lovely orangey shade with the gold beneath it. I love QuarkExpress!!!

I did the same thing with the backing behind the image, but used a jade colour and the goldy colour. Below is a close-up of the Steampunk Corner, which I made into a brown colour, and printed directly onto the backing papers (no fussy cutting!) Then I printed out another corner piece to get the layer, and fussy cut that.


I didn't add much in the way of froo-froo, not my style. But I did add a lovely ribbon, which is a christmas one, but with the little angels cut off (it came with angels stuck to it). The beads were on it already too, but I left them on. Then I just added some eyelets in the four corners and left it at that, oh, apart from the layered image that is. She was coloured with the usual watercolour pencils, and scanned in for printing up layers.


Phew - are you still with me? LOL

Right, off to plan a special sketch for a special person now, sshhhhh!! Not telling who. . . Catch ya later folks!!!

Some challenges -
ABC - Y for Yesterday (victorian steampunk theme)
Gingersnap - Cogs and Gears
Simon Says - Anything Goes
Bearly Mine - Anything Goes

**********************
Don't forget folks!

There is a DT Call on at the Delicious Doodles Challenges Blog which goes on throughout our summer break there, so why not apply??

14 comments:

Pinkllilac said...

This is stunning Teri, fabulous colours and details!perfectly gorgeous and the papers are beautiful!

Hugs Linda

Happy Days said...

Wow - fab card hun - love the DP's. x

Larisa said...

wow! fantastic lady! Love this style, but I can't make it even. Love to see the others make it )))

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi teri,
As usual your artwork is stunning. The card is gorgeous - I love the colours and layout.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Poppet said...

Great card Teri and the image is fab. Loving the rich colours you have used on your card. :-) xx

coldwaters2 said...

OMG Teri this is stupendous, that image and the corner design look amazing, the papers and colours are terrific I love this big time thank you for sharing it with us at Bearlymine challenges.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Tracey Manderson said...

Great card! The colours you have used are fantastic!!! Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine Challenges
Hugs
Tracey

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow teri this is gorgeous.
like the colors to.
beautiful image.

greetings karin

Deb (dcorder) said...

Yum! I love your vibrantly colored Steampunk girl! Thanks for joining us at Gingersnap Creations!

tiggertastic said...

amazing and fantastic Teri

hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog

Designing for:
Crafty Purple Frog , Sweet Pea Stampers ,Bearly Mine Designs , Kenny K and My Time To Craft

Sue C said...

Stunning card Teri! Love the colour theme. Thanks for joining us at The ABC Challenge. Sue C x

Astrid Maclean said...

Love your funky steampunk girl!!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wonderful images and colors.

trisha too said...

Congratulations on this piece being chosen as a Ginger Gem at Gingersnap Creations, Teri!

:)