Saturday, 30 July 2011

Seahorses

Hiya folks!

Hope you are all well and ready for a crafty weekend?? Mine will be spent sorting through more stuff. Still no confirmed date for the builder to start work. He was supposed to let us know by the end of this week, great way to start huh?? Anyway, hopefully I will be able to get some more rubbah in the For Sale page at the top later today - as long as Dno1 doesn't nab the compy!!

I actually managed to make a card a day or so ago, so I though I had better blog it!! I decided to do a relatively clean and simple design, as I wanted the image to be the main focal point. I have used my Seahorses image from the Delicious Doodles Shop for this card, coloured with the usual watercolour pencils, scanned and printed twice for the layering.

This image is also available from Sweet Pea Stamps for you ladies who love rubber!! (YEAY!)


I used my fav frameabilities die cut in blue bazzill, layered onto pearlescent green. I the layered that onto a yellow that I smudged with orange and red ink, and placed that onto the backing dp which is a fabric effect paper from Just So Scrappy - By The Sea kit.


I smudged aqua and green ink round the image, layered that onto gold mirri and place it on the frame. I finished up with some stickles on the bubbles, round the edge of the gold mirri, and put some large pearls in the corners. Finished!!

Mind you, it took me four months to get round to colouring this image up - I released it in March!! Where does the time go??!!! LOL

Righty then, must go and get dressed (sat here in me jammies) ready for the kids, as they want to visit the craft fair in the playing field today. It's the Speyfest Weekend with all the pounding music until 1am (sigh). Wish they'd move it away from the houses and into a farmers field. It made something in my bedroom rattle last night with the flaming drums. Don't get me wrong, I love a bit of fiddle music, but they have the drums turned up WAY too loud, and that's all you can hear. . .

Enough moaning! Off to find some challenges to enter, catch ya later folks!!

Challenges -

Paper Cutz - Under the Sea
Paper Shelter - Anything Goes
Creative Card Crew - Animal Antics
Simon Says Stamp+Show - Anything Goes

15 comments:

Larisa said...

Very beautiful card! I love the Seahorses so much! Love this card )))))

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow teri gorgeous card and image.

greetings karin

Vicky said...

Hi my sweetie how are you?
This is just sooooooo stunning I love the 3D aspect of it & of course those frames are my fave as well they look fantastic with the seahorses.
I have finished the bricks......it took sooooo long. I've just got a couple of fiddly jobs to do now to his room altho everything is on there & its looking awesome actually I'm rather proud of it lol. Will put piccy's on in the week hun.
You take care & hope you get sorted with those builders shug.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Diane said...

Beautiful card and thanks for joining us this week at PaperCutz.

Carol<>< said...

great card!
Carol<><

Jani said...

What a great card Teri!
Love it!
Thanks for joining us at CFAS!
Jani x

Clare said...

Hello my lovely! so sorry i have not been around for such a long time. I am busily trying to get around to everyone's blog and catch up and comment. Congratulations firstly on getting your beautiful images sold at Crafts and Me. You must be totally stoked and bet your family are soooo proud of you. Can't wait to see everything once the builders have been in!!!. Finally this card is absolutely beautiful. I do love those gorgeous seahorse images and love the colours. That is totally my favourite nestability at the moment too and am saving up for it. Seeing it makes me want it NOW!!! lol. Anyway will come back to visit again soon darl. Big hugs Clare xxx

Happy Days said...

Fab card hun. Good luck with the builder!! x

Patti B said...

This is a beautiful card. The seahorses are so stunning. Thanks for joining us at PCC for this weeks challenge. Hope to see you back real soon.

pattispaperfun.blogspot.com

CraftyC said...

What a beautiful card Teri, those seahorses look amazing!
Clairexx

Dan said...

Great card, love that zesty orange border, it really pops! The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

Debs said...

WOW totally gorgeous, thanks for joining us at TPS
Hugs Debs

Carol said...

Gorgeous card, great colours. Thanks for joining us at CFAS this time and I hope we see you again soon. Carol DT x

Caroline said...

gorgeous I just love those die cuts Thanks for playing along this week @ the Paper Shelter

mulberry station said...

Wow Teri, Your seahorses are stunning. I love everything about this card. It is down right gorgeous!! Hope you are doing well.
Hugs, Nancy