Friday, 1 July 2011

Flourishes and Bling at Delicious Doodles

Hiya folks!

Can you believe it? Yet another school year has passed and it's the last day of term here in Scotland!! Six weeks of refereeing to come!! As if I haven't got enough to worry about.

Hubby wants me to get a 'proper job'! Eeeeekkkkk!! Haven't done that for 13 years, what am I supposed to do?

I trained as Graphic Designer, have worked in the media all my days (apart from a wee break to work in pubs) so what do I do now after having the kids? Do I resort to shop work? We have a couple of co-op shops here in the village, a couple of butchers which run themselves really, a chippy and three pubs. Oh decisions, decisions! And all so we can afford to remortgage the house and get the work done on the roof and gable end (which needs a total rebuild as it is falling down!)

What I really need is for my little digi-image business to really take off BIG time!! Then I won't have to go to work 'properly'! LOL

Anyway, my woes aside, I actually have a creation to share with you today! 'About blooming time' I hear you say! LOL. So here I am with my DT piece for the new theme at the


which this week is
'Flourishes and Bling'.

We have a fabby sponsor, all the way from Australia, in the shape of
They sent us some lovely samples to work with, and a gorgeous prize package to give to one lucky winner!! I got to play with the flourish by the name of 'Jack, black', and here is what I made with it:


I decided to go with a 'stepper' card this time.
Started off following a sketch, but it wasn't happening for me, so I just went with the flow. I have used my newest images from the Delicious Doodles Shop,
which I coloured with my watercolour pencils, scanned, and printed for layering.


The flourishes were stuck to some gold mirri card for extra stability (and more bling!) I then punched and die cut some flower shapes, and secured them with a gold brad. I stuck some gold card die cut shapes in three of the corners, and smeared round the base card with gold metallic rub-on. 


The image was mounted onto gold mirri, and then onto a black embossed card which was also smudged with rub-on. This I stuck to the main card base, and went round finally with gold gems for some more bling!


Now, this is the last challenge for the summer.
We are taking a break over the school holiday period, and will be back in September, either on the 2nd or the 9th, we haven't decided which yet!

BUT

There will be a DT Call over this summer, so pop to the challenge blog next week for all the deets on that!

Some challenges I am entering this card into -

Sir Stampalot - Anything Goes
Totally Papercrafts - Bingo (flowers, gems, dies/punches)
Divas by Design - Die Cuts and Punches
Flutterby Wednesday - Open (plus butterfly, fairy or angel)

17 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

your card and image is gorgeous teri.
like your flower and the bling.

greetings karin

Lynne K said...

What a fabulous card! Love the dramatic colours!

Thanks for sharing it with us at Sir Stampalot Challenge this month.

Lynne x

Happy Days said...

Gorgeous card Teri - love that image x I feel for you the re job front, DH had a spell of "encouraging" me non too subtley to go back to work - so I did! LOL soon tired of the idea when I made him equally responsible for all the house chores and making arrangements for the kids to be cared for. I no longer work (well only odd bits here and there that suit me) and he works a few extra hours so we can have some luxuries. Good luck in your search. xx

Lynda said...

Super card Teri - love the rich colours, the image and all that bling!

Love Lynda xxx

brenda said...

Absolutely gorgeous Teri.

Thank you for joining in at Stampalot Challenge this month and good luck.

B

pinky said...

Stunning card Teri, looks good enough to sell. So get out there and sell your cards as well as your designs:) Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Hugs
Pinky

Francesca said...

What a beautiful creation
Thanks for joining us at SIR STAMPALOT challenge
this month and good luck!
Hugs
Francesca

Ruthie said...

Hiya hun

Yes - its a hard decision - is there anything you can do with the graphic design that you can do from home? Our friend works from home doing page layouts or something of the like

Back to the card though - its really stunning - I love that image, and the step card looks fab!

Rx

Sally H said...

Hi Teri
This is a real stunner! I love it, hun! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sir stampalot and good luck!

Tammy L said...

I love this card and the unique shape. Great job. Thanks for joining our 'seeing red' challenge at Craft Your Passion this week.
Tammy GDT

chris said...

Hi Teri, wow wee!! I adore this its gorgeous.
Thanks for Joining us in the Sir Stampalot Challenge. hugs Chris xx

Peggysuez said...

Only six weeks of referreeing, wow, consider yourself lucky, I have nine more weeks to go and I've already done four! That job thing, it IS tough, I've been looking too and I believe my town is even smaller than yours! :) I really don't want to wait tables again . . . that was for when I was in my 20s! Anyway, on to the card, love the embellishments and color scheme, great use of dies. Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design!

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
oh i bet you dont want to go back to work, fingers crossed for ya digi shop eh.
Totally gorgeous card, fabulous image & colouring, great design, thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

Rebekah said...

This is stunning Teri such funky colours and another beautiful image! Of course you can use any of my cards for customer submissions when I use your digis! Thanks for playing at Divas hugs Rebekah xx

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

HandmadebyTLC said...

Super in yellow on red colors, This is a perfect entry for the Die Cuts and punches challenge over at Diva's by Design. Good luck and hope to see you again next time!
Hugs,
Tammy Louise XX

dj1952 said...

I don't get around to as many sites as I would like to, but after seeing your card at Divas by Design, I just had to tell you how beautiful I thought your card was. Hugs, dj1952