Tuesday, 3 May 2011

Vintage Floral Card

Hiya folks!

Another fabulous day here in NE Scotland, we are being spoilt! You wait, we'll suffer for it later in the summer. I expect we are having our summer right now. . .! LOL.

Today I have a card that I whipped up using a new image that is being released tomorrow (Wednesday) over in the Delicious Doodles Shop. The image was inspired by my visit to the Highland Folk Museum weekend before last. Loads of old houses and vintage stuff. I took dozens of photos and plan on turning most of them into digi's at some stage.

Might have to wait a bit though, as my thumb joint is giving me a lot of pain right now, especially when I try to grasp things. It's my drawing hand too, which is a bummer!!

The image I made for tomorrow's release was in a window in an old fashioned Post Office house, and was a beautiful little stand with a large pot of Geraniums in.
Here is a watermarked version of 'Geranium Stand':



And this is the card I made using it, in a Vintage style. The image was printed out in a brown to look sepia toned.


Dp's are from Bearly Mine 'Lacey Vintage Dreams'. The brown cardstock is from the stash, and is a leathery texture which I roughed up with some sand-paper, and then smudged gold metallic rub-on over. I also layered with a bit of gold mirri. A close-up:


I have used some lace from my stash too, a couple of strips that are staggered, with brown ink dabbed on to help with the vintage look, and a thinner pale brown one on top.

I have added some antique brads, some brown organza ribbon tied in a bow, and an ear-ring looped through the bow. This was bought in a sale and I have used it here in the place of a charm. Just loved the way it looked with the vintage style of the card, even though it isn't actually vintage itself.

Right, I'm off to link this up to a few challenges now then. TTFN!

Crafts and Me - Vintage/Distressed
DYSU - 3 Dimensional
PaperPlay - Use an item not for crafting (ear-ring)
Totally Gorjuss - 1 image, 2 lace trims, 3 brads
Digital Tuesday - Ribbon and Lace


11 comments:

Crafty Chris said...

Absolutely stunning the earring adds alovely touch.
Chris x

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful card teri, it looks like a picture, love the schain with the pearls.


greetings karin

WencheP said...

Gorgeous card! I absolutely love it! The colors are fantastic.

Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Miranda said...

fantastic card Teri, love the monochrome colours very cute
and I think your right about the weather, I said the same here (Holland) I'm afraid we're having our summer now and will have an early autumn again starting in july/ august

thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week
hugs
Miranda

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Ooh Teri, it's gorgeous. Hope your thumb is better soon and thanks for playing at TG this week. Marianne x

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie wowwww this is soooo beautiful I love this image so much hun love the sepia tones you printed it out in & the earring is just a fabulous touch. Its gorgeous.
Hope your thumb gets better hunni.
Thank you also joining us Rockin' Rubbah girlies over at Crafts & Me, good luck hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Janna Werner said...

Hi Teri! Thanks so much for sharing your lovely project with us at DYSU this week! Have a nice day, Janna

Babs said...

Absolutely fab, gorgeous image and beautiful cards love them all...

Babs x

crafty amy said...

Teri this is amazing sweetie! I LOVE the way you have added that earring and your image looks great :D
Thank you for joining us at Crafts and Me and good luck.

Hugs

Amy xx

Jaspere said...

Beautiful! Love all the details.

Cec said...

Gorgeous card. I love the way you recolourd the image and that earring is such a clever added touch. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.
Hugs!
Cec