Saturday, 14 May 2011

Seeking Inspiration

Hiya folks!

Well, what a day yesterday turned out to be. I didn't realise until well into the afternoon that it was Friday 13th. Seems this time it came and bit blogger in the butt!! Were you like me - completely lost and befuddled?? Not to mention rather peeed off???!! Yeah, I thought so. . . lol

So, today we are all picking up the pieces and playing catchup, and here I am with my DT piece for the new challenge at Delicious Doodles (a day late - sigh).
Our theme this time is 'Inspired by. . .'.
What is it that inspires you to create? Is it texture, colour, smell, nature etc, etc. . .

I get inspired by the lovely patterns of damask, and anything at all black, purple and Gothic. So how could I resist going down that route?? Well, I didn't resist. I splurged!! Out came the damask dp's I have on the compy, printed in black, roughed up with sandpaper and smudged with purple and black ink.I wanted it to look old and distressed. Not sure if that bit worked out too well. . .


Made this into an easel card. These offer some much more scope than a regular fold don't you think? I have followed a sketch for my layout, but I used the text bit for the bottom of the card and left it blank. I hate putting sentiments onto things, to be honest I'm crud at thinking up things like that, and verses for the insides, so I tend to leave my cards blank if I can.


I have used MS punches for the corners (loops) There is a Fleur-de-Lys shapeabilities strip across beneath the image, in purple bazzil, smudged with silver metallic rub-on. I have used the same card and corner pieces from the same set at the bottom on the blank panel.


Behind the image is a scalloped frame, which is a digi-element from a scrap kit, which I layered silver mirri onto, followed by the image. Behind all that is a yummy purple dp by Crafty Chaos Designs, and behind that, though you can hardly see it, is a black panel that I embossed with a damask folder and smeared with silver rub-on. I cut the corners with the same MS punch to match.

My image is Sexy Goth Girl from the Delicious Doodles Shop, left uncoloured here, and printed a few times to layer up using foam pads. Last job was to add the bling, which is in the shape of a few pearls in some of the corners, a huge black organza bow, and a dangly charm made from recycled bits of jewellery.


Now, because of bloggers cock-up yesterday, the challenge at Delicious Doodles is staying open until 6pm on Friday 20th May instead of the usual Thursday, so I hope you all can come and join us there (blogger permitting that is!)

Some challenges I am entering this card into -

Creative Craft - Distressed/Vintage
Bearly Mine - Vintage Easel
My Time to Craft - Scallops
Ladybug Crafts - Black, White plus one (purple)
Papertake - Punches + Dies
Crafts and Me - Punches
Craft Us Crazy - Favourite Embellies + New stuff
(Love making these dangly charms+new Fleur-de-lys dies)
Do It With Digis - Sassy and Sparkly
Cute Card Thursday - Distressing


16 comments:

Lynda said...

What a fabulous card Teri and packed full of elements - she looks a real vixen!

Love Lynda xxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

I like this teri and what a beautiful charm hanging at your bow.
just beautiful.

greetings karin

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow fab Gothic inspired card .. love the purple and the charms
Thanks for joining us at LCI this week
Lisa x

Debby said...

Fabulous Card. I love purple and your layout is terrific. Wonderful job! Thanks for joining us at Creative Crafts Challenge. Hugs and Good Luck!

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Beautiful cards...such cute images...thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine ……..

Hugs Judith

craftykitten said...

OMG Teri, this is stunning. I love purple and black together and they really set off your image, love the charms too. Thanks for sharing with us at Do It With Digis this time. Good luck.
Hugs
Dawn and the Digi Divas xx

deesdesigns said...

The black and white image is striking against the DP! Your card is just perfect for our scallops challenge at My Time To Craft, thanks for joining us this week.

Pami said...

What a fabulous card Teri, great colours and I love the charms. Thanks for sharing with us at LCI this week, hope to see you again soon. Pami x

Beverley said...

Gorgeous card. I love the colour combo, very gothic. Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenge.

Bev x

Lynne said...

Definitely one sassy lady!!! looks great just printed out :) thanks for joining us at Do it with Digis :)
Hugs
Lynne xoxo

Debi said...

Your card is lovely! Thank you for playing along with the Papertake Weekly challenge.

crafty amy said...

This is great hun you can see your inspiration very clearly :D
I like the inking but then I am loving that at the moment and playing with it on my cards too lol
Thank you for joining us at Crafts and Me and Bearly mine good luck.

Hugs

Amy xx

Marie said...

This is great! Lovely card, fabby details and well just smashing!
Thanks for playing with us over at BMC this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie I'm slowly catching up with everyone but first can I say when I came back into blogland I checked DT blogs first & I was so shocked & gutted to read your messages.....sniff sniff....yes I'm crying look what you have done!! Seriously tho I will really miss ya but you have to do what is right for you hun & good for you for doing that.
Your card is amazing but then again I dont expect anything less when I come over here hun. Love the colour & especially love the image. I totally agree about easel cards think they will always be my fave. Oh & I'm the same as you with sentiments sometimes I leave them off til I know what the card is for.
Take care sweetie hope things are all ok.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Susie Sugar said...

What a super enchanting card love the sassy mystical feel of it
Thanks for joining us Digi Divas at the "Do It With Digis challenge" this time
Hugs Susie Sugar xx

Kim Dellow said...

Fabulous. Thanks for joining Cute Card Thursday this week. Kim