Friday, 27 May 2011

Lace and Flutterbys

Hiya folks!

Hope you are all keeping well? If not, then I hope you get better very soon!!

Wish blogger would get better soon. Honestly, it's being a right pain in the rear end. I'm sure most of you are experiencing some probs. Mine are; having to sign in twice to get on the dashboard : not being able to comment at all (keep being directed to sign in page) : pics being rejected when uploading.

So I must apologise to everyone! I have been reading your blogs, and trying to leave comments when it works, but mostly it doesn't. Blooming frustrating or what!!!

Anyways, let's get onto my card today, which is my sample for the new Delicious Doodles Challenge. This week we are after your creations with 'Lovely Lace' as the theme.

I made a twisted easel card for this, (love doing these at the moment) and have used the Small Butterfly image from the Delicious Doodles Shop. This was coloured with the usual watercolour pencils, scanned to the compy and printed in two sizes, then fussy cut round.


I have cheated a bit with the lacey doily seen here. It isn't a real one!! I found a digi-version on Crafts-u-print and have used that placed on a pinky coloured digi-paper and then printed. I printed it a few times, cut one out for layering over the real lace trim, and used the third for the base part.


I was also a bit crafty with the base. As well as having the two smaller butterfly images (whose wings were curled over using my bone folder), I made a lace flower using three trims. One is a fancy trim, one is the same lace as the front panel, and in the centre is a smaller lace. I have also used inks to colour the lace, see below pic:


The die-cut corners (in green bazzil) are done using a Nellie Snellen corner die. Now I bought these a couple of weeks ago thinking 'oooh how fab, lovely corners', but they don't cut a whole shape! I found out they only cut a corner on the outer edge, with the inner edge still attached - a bit like a corner shaper punch. So I had to fussy cut the inner edges of them all to get the corners by themselves. Shant be buying any more of those dies!!

I finished up with some large sticky pearls and some leafy punch shapes.


Righty then folks. Off to do some more doodling, oh, and I suppose I ought to do some of the dreaded HW. . . ugh! Catch ya later!!

Some challenges to enter -

Paper Shelter - Anything Goes
My Time to Craft - Die-cuts
Creative Card Crew - Anything Goes
4 Crafty Chicks - Colours
Papercrafting Journey - Anything Goes


16 comments:

Larisa said...

Very beautiful Butterfly! Also I am mad about the lacy paper corners you used here! It is fantastic!!
Where did you get these corneres from? I wish I had any like that))
Hugs. Larisa. xx

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie wow this is amazing I love the big butterfly & the doily I really did think it was real its lush hun. Poor you on your fussy cutting hun lol....so I'm thinking we may not be seeing these much lol they do look beautiful tho hun.
It seems that loads are having probs with blogger......I've been really lucky & not had any but I did have these probs a couple of months ago & it p***ed me off to say the least lol.
Hope you have a fab weekend hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Poppet said...

Beautiful card Teri, love the colours and the lace looks fab. :) xx

Lori said...

SUPER CUTE, Teri! Love that butterfly!

A lot of people are having difficulty with Blogger...sure hope they get it rectified soon!

Thanks for playing with our colors at 4 Crafty Chicks :)

KarinsArtScrap said...

hi teri your card is beautiful, your butterfly is gorgeous.

greetings karin

Happy Days said...

Beautiful hun. xx

Ruthie said...

Hey love

Gorgeous card - love it!

Rx

Pascale said...

Beautiful Teri. I love the faux doily. I did all faux lace for mine...x I love the inked edges look really cool xxx Hugs Pascale

Lynda said...

What a pretty card - love those butterflies and the colours are all so striking - beautiful!

Love Lynda xxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Beautiful card, so much detail. Love the butterflies and the lace flower. Those corners sounds aright pain. I have some Sizzix ones and love them. I hope you'll be playing along in the bloghop at WW this week. Marianne x

paperfun said...

Bright and beautiful. Awesome card.

Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew.

Mari

happyglitzygirl said...

I love butterflies, absolutely delightful. Thanks for playing with us at the Papercrafting Journey, blessings Hilde

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
wow a totally beautiful card, luv the big flutterby, lovely design, have lovely weekend, sue,x

Sally H said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Teri! I love that butterfly!

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

It's so cute! What a lovely colours you have used…………… Thanks for joining at TPS this week......

Hugs
Judith

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is beautiful, thanks for sharing!
Hey, I have a giveaway here, please come join in the fun!
http://www.pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/