Friday, 6 May 2011

Fantastically Mythical at Delicious Doodles

Hiya folks!

Ooo-er, that title was a bit of a gobfull wasn't it?? LOL

This week's new theme over at the Delicious Doodles Challenge is:

'Fantasy/Mythical'

So I pulled out the stoppers and went a bit mad. I have been seeing these 'triple easels' going about in blogland, and wanted to give it a stab. Didn't quite turn out right though. I wanted all three parts to fold on top of each other so nothing would show under the top layer, but I'm blowed if I could figure out how to work that bit right. Ah well, whatever!


I have used three of my Fairy images for this card, Endless Love, with its Dragon, Steampunk Fairy and Wistful Fairy. These have all been printed out as they come, with no added colouring.


Went a bit gothic with this project too - no surprise there, as that is my favourite style!! So there is plenty of black card here! And of course I just had to team it up with my favourite colour, purple - with some silver thrown in for good measure (and blingy highlights)


I haven't gone overboard with the embellies though, wanted a dramatic look without too much froo-froo getting in the way. I settled for a few little punched flowers with pearly centres, some fake brad heads, and some silver mirri corners cut with my new shapeabilites ornaments set (fleur-de-lys)


I also have another new set (thanks to Vicky) which I was desperate to get hold of. Finally found one on ebay for a reasonable price, and it turned up on Wednesday. I have used it here too, its the square frame behind the images (fleur-de-lys again!) in black card with silver rub-on for highlighting, and purple behind. These image panels are raised from the backing layers, and the images are also decoupaged with foam pads, then I stickled them for some bling, not that you can see the stickles in these photos.


I have used Martha Stewart corner punches for the base cards (loops) and the mirri/purple layers (iron railings) I also used some purple peony ink for the purple card edges too, and behind the images on the white backgrounds, just to help the images stand out some more.

Heck - almost lunchtime already! That'll teach me to go clothes shopping before posting this!

Gotta get this linked into a few other challenges before getting the son's lunch. He has lunch at home instead of at school, he finds it better as he doesn't get 'bullied' when he isn't there! And this school has an 'anti-bullying policy' - yeah, right - like anyone takes a bit of notice. Flipping place! That's what comes of not having any male teachers or any form of discipline anymore. Oooooooo - don't get me started on that one!!

Hope you can join us with our Fantasy come Mythical adventure this week over on the Delicious Doodles Challenge folks! See you there. . .

Challenges -

Sugar Creek Hollow - Embossing (card behind large fairy, and on frames)
Creative Inspirations - Embossing (see above)
Flutterby Wednesday - Open plus Fairies/Angels/Butterflies
Fab 'n' Funky - No dp's
ABC - T for Two or more images
DYSU - Purple
PaperPlay - In Your Own Style
Polka Doodles - Easel Cards
Crafts and Me - Swirls (swirly frames)

 

22 comments:

Denise and Louise said...

Awesome card. Three of my favourite images!! Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

WOW girl!!!
gorgeous!!!

Vicky said...

Oh WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW....this is absolutely amazing wow it really is awesome I actually dont know what to say....unusual for me I know lol. Love the frames they look amazing with those awesome images. I really do love this. ROFL this is me not knowing what to say lmao.
The anti-bullying policies in schools suck they really do. My sons I told them if someone hits them tell a teacher if nothing is done & it happens again then clobber them or kick between the legs that will make anyone go down no matter how big they are. Of course the school didnt agree to this but they didnt get bullied so it must of worked for them. They have no idea how to work this bullying crap. Hope your son doesnt get bullied hun. Hugs to all of you.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Peggysue said...

Absolutely stupendous Teri!! I'm floored with the creativeness of this. And I love the purple and black combo--I need to remember that! I’m glad you joined us for the DYSU PURPLE challenge & hope to see you again!

KarinsArtScrap said...

these are gorgeous teri, you have again made beautiful cards.
like the images and your color combo.

greetings karin

WencheP said...

I'm speachless! This is absolutely fantastic! The images are just awesome! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

angelwhispers said...

Teri this is awesome amd just love the image and the purple is just perfect! Think I may need a tutorial for this triple easel????

Hope you son is ok!! I have been through this and I know how stressful it is for you both. My youngest was bullied at school and although they had the anti bullying scheme at the school it never worked until it happen outside and I took them to court!!

Hope you are both ok and give him an extra cuddle from me! My daughter is 20 and still never feels safe it really makes my blood boil that these people really do so much damage and its just a laugh to them!!

Sorry for going on Love as always Chanelle

Hope you have a lovely relaxing weekend.

Miranda said...

AWESOME card Teri ( maybe I should say 'again', because all your cards are fantastic), but this one is really outrageously fantabulous
thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week
hugs
Miranda

Audrey said...

Wow! Wow! What a stunning easel card. Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.

Heide said...

Oh my goodness, I have never seen this type of fold before!
How gorgeous and so much detail.
Thanks for joining us at SCH.
Hugs, HEide

Cec said...

This is stunning. I love the frames you used. Purple and black look great together especially with the images left au natural. Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
Hugs!
Cec

Teresa said...

Teri I loveeeee it, everything about it the images, colours and the shape can you tell me where to find the tutorial pleaseeee?
Thank you for joining us at crafts and me this week.
Teresax

mulberry station said...

Lovely, lovely cards. I love them. Such beautiful images.
Hugs Nancy

Karli said...

Triple easel! stop the madness- that is AMAZING! Oh, I'm going to have to give this a go! gorgeous images & your card is a knock out! Thanks so much for sharing your card creation with us at ABC Challenges :) Hope you'll play with us again next time! Hugs~

crafty amy said...

Oh man I am in love with this Teri! Seriously the work that you must have put in to create this has paid off big time. You drawings as always look incredible and you are right it is just enough embellies to show them off without over powering them. I would never have known that the top was ment to line up if you hadn't have said anything lol :D

Huge hugs

Amy xx

Oh and thank you for joining us at Crafts and Me and good luck

Saskia said...

Teri,

Wow, wow!! Beautiful easel card for Polka Doodles! Thanks for joining us and good luck!

Greetings, Saskia :)

Ashley Lydia said...

wow tthis card really POpS ! I love the deep purple against the black. Thanks for joining us as Polka Doodles.
Hugs
Ashley

Anna said...

Stunning! Wonderful colors! Thanks for joining us at Flutter By Wed!

Colette said...

Absolutely stunning! love everything about it, glad you could join us at Polkadoodles this week. Good Luck! Colette xx
PS I have candy on my blog at www.digiredoodah.blogspot.com

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

A beautiful card, thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge

Fliss said...

Really stunning card. Love the colours and it must have taken an age to put together.
Thanks for joining in with Polka Doodles easel card challenge and good luck.
x

Tip Top said...

I've just about got to grips with the simple one!! Stunning! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!