Friday, 1 April 2011

Something for Mum (in law)

Hiya folks!

Ah, the sun is shining! Luvvly jubbly!

I'm a bit late with my post this morning, as I had a few techno issues with MS Word that hubby downloaded last night. Made all my tif images into MS image files, and I had a HUGE panic that I would have to go and change them all - but I figured it out without having to do that (phew!)

Onto my card for today then, my DT piece for the new theme at the
which this week is
'Something for Mum'.
Doesn't have to be for Mother's Day, just as long as it is for Mum! I had blogged last week the card I sent down to my Mum. This week I am blogging the card that I made for hubby's Mum!


I went and made a twisted easel card for her. Hope she understands the wee drawing I sent down to explain how this stands up. She won't have seen this type of card before!


The image I have used here is the 'Mother's Day Freebie' that I put on the Delicious Doodles Blog a few weeks ago. It's still there if you want to go snag it folks!!


I made a little ribbon bow from some organza that I have had forever! Then I added a jump ring and put a wee heart charm on it. I have put some large red gems in the corners of the card for a bit of bling, along with some tiny ones in the flower centres. These are all made with punches and spare pearlescent card from the stash.


My papers are from Bearly Mine Designs. Red and green cardstock also from the stash. I had to make a presentation box for it to sit in, so that it wouldn't get trashed in the post! This I made with my score-board and some spare white card, with some extra dp on the lid.


Hope you can join in with us this week folks! See you there!

Challenges I am entering with this project -


Allsorts - Special Lady
Creative Inspirations - Mother's Day
Crafty Pad - Mums
Gingerloft - Dies or Punches
Pear Tree Designs - Mother's Day
Party Time Tuesday - Anything plus handmade flowers
ABC - R for Roses
PaperPlay - Mum


32 comments:

Happy Days said...

Gorgeous hun. Love the little bow and charm. x

Lynda said...

It's a really pretty card Teri.

Love Lynda xxx

angelwhispers said...

Love it Teri you have made two wonderful mothersday cards I bet they love them as much as we do just so precious!!! Chanelle xxx

sari said...

Oh my sweetness...This is such a STUNNING card!! Your mother in law will love this!! Just love the colors, the sweet details, the roses...Just everything! Thanks for joining us at The ABC Challenge this week and good luck! Hugs & sunshine /Sari

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Teri
A gorgeous and beautiful card,love the colour's,thankyou for joining us at Delightful Challenges,
hugs Dianne xx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
Beautiful design papers and fabulous layout. This is a gorgeous card. She is bound to love it. Wonderful crafting. I love the card ans box.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Debs said...

Beautiful card Teri
Love the sentiment as the focal point.
Thanks for playing along with us at Allsorts this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

wonderful card teri.
love the bow with that charm.
beautiful paper.

greetings karin

Sue said...

Hi hun
wow what a beautifull card, gorgeous papers & embelies, great design,she will luv it hun, beautiful keep sake, have great weekend, sue,x

Sue C said...

Beautiful twisted easel card Teri, I love the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at The ABC Challenge. Sue C x

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Gorgeous Mothersday card Teri! Love the DP and the corners!

Thanks for joining Midnight Madness Challenge. I hope to see you play with us again next week!

Hugs
Gunn
Midnight Madness Design Team

Lorraine said...

That's just gorgeous. So feminine and elegant. Thanks for taking part at The Crafty Pad this week. Why don't you check out our CD competition, there's a great prize on offer.

Sally H said...

Oh wow, Teri! That is absolutely gorgeous! I love it

Renlymat's World of Family & Crafts said...

Teri, what an elegant, vintage card. I love the rose paper and your handmade flowers. The red bow is so pretty with the little heart charm! Wonderful job with the sketch this week. Thanks for joining us again at Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.
~Renee
MMSC DT

Flutterby Trina said...

Beautiful! Thanks for playing along at Pear Tree Designs for our mother's day challenge! Good Luck xx

Debbie said...

Your Mother in Law is one lucky lady to receive such a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations

Debbie

LouDotMac said...

One word, beautiful!! Such dramatic colours, and all of the details are perfect!

Thanks for joining us over at Pear Tree Designs in our 'Mother's Day' challenge - good luck.

Lou Mac. xo

Lynn said...

Simply beautiful and the detail is perfect!
Thanks so much for joining us Gingerloft Challenges:)
huggs
Lynn xx

Susie said...

Beautiful card, love the image and embellishmensts you have used.Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs this week and good luck xx

Cor* said...

Gorgeou! love your flowers and leaves! Super duper punched corners! Glad everything worked out with your puter! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful mother's day creation with us at Creative Inspirations this time round!

Spyder said...

Just had to pop over and say what a very pretty card this one is! (Quirky Crafts are doing a twisted easel card or mother's gift challenge this time round!)
(Lyn)

nicoleqmullen said...

Fantastic card, love the colours and the style, its beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Paper Play Challenges this week!!

marsha said...

Beautiful Mother's Day card! Love the rich colors and your design. Thanks for joining us for this week's challenge, i always enjoy seeing your creations!
Hugs,
Marsha
MMSC-DT

Amber's Crafts and Stuff said...

This is beautiful!

Thanks for playing along with our Flower Challenge at Amber's Crafts and Stuff! I hope you will come back next Wednesday for Challenge #4!

~*~Amber~*~
www.amberscraftsandstuff.com

Lovely Linda said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! Your MIL is going to LOVE this - such gorgeous details Teri - and that image - DIVINE! Thanks for the freebie - I am going to be using it for sure! We always love to see you playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge - thank you for your support! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Valerie said...

I love your card! Thank you for joining us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. I can't wait to see your next creation!
Valerie
Prisicllastyles DT

Deirdre said...

Beautiful. Thanks so much for joining us on Paperplay this week. ♥

Kathy Bradley said...

Teri,
Gorgeous project for your MIL!! I can't wait until you put the new witch stamp on your shop - it is gorgeous! P.S. Where did you get the long leafy punch/die used on your MIL's card? Could you let mek now. Thanks. Kathy/
rodeo8@comcast.net

Ren-Yi said...

What great colors. My fav is the little mini charm and great ribbon :) Thanks for playing along in our PaperPlay Challenge.

Sarabeth said...

what a brilliant creation-i love it!

thanks for playing along with us at pcj challenges :)

xo
sarabeth

tiggertastic said...

oh this is so clever, love the backing papers

Sarah x

Suzie McFloozy said...

Oh Teri what a fabulous twisted easel card - you clever thing x
Thanks for joining in with us at papercrafting journey this week x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo