Saturday, 23 April 2011

Recycling at SPS

Hiya folks!

How is your Easter weekend going? Spent my day gardening yesterday. Still trying to beat those blooming weeds and get me veggies in. Bit dull today, so I'm spending my time in the crafty corner, LOL

Needed to blog my DT creation for Sweet Pea Stampers, and this time round we are after your 'recycling' !! Normally I don't do much of that on my cards, but I made an effort this time as I failed to make a card for the last fortnight.


So I rummaged around and found an old belt that doesn't fit. It was a bit 'hip' anyway, as it was wooden beads, cord, etc. And I used up a paper bag that my crafty goodies came in when I went shopping the other day, oh, and a bit of ribbon that you get in new clothes on the shoulders. Why do they put that there??

The paper bag was scrunged up and then flattened for the backing. My patterned dp's are from Just So Scrappy2. The image is a gorgeous digi-download from Crafty Purple Frog (no colouring required!). I used a MS punch for the bottom loopy bit, tied the belt bits round the card, threaded the ribbon through the big button and tied it in a bow.


Hope you guys can join us at Sweet Pea Stampers this time!

I am entering these challenges with this card -
Mojo Monday - Sketch
Digital Tuesday - Punches
Anything Goes - Pink and Brown
Creative Card Crew - Recycling
MAWTT - Recycling
Try It on Tuesday - UpCycling


21 comments:

Vicky said...

This is gorgeous hun I absolutely love the belt bits awesome idea.
Hope you have a fabulous weekend hun. I'm going to see the post below now as I've barely seen blogland much this last 2 days I've missed it lol.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

angelwhispers said...

Teri I love it the colours and recycle detail are just perfect!!!! Hope you manage to get your veggies in this weekend!! Love Chanelle xxx

Dawn said...

What a lovely card Teri! Thank you for recycling with us at Creative Card Crew!

Lisa Jane said...

gorgeous card Teri.. and a fab way of recycling that belt!

Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week for my recycled challenge
Lisa x

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow teri what a fabulous card and image.
your coloring is great also your beads.

have a nice easter weekend
greetings karin

Dolly Daydreams said...

Fantastic card and what an amazing image with such perfect colouring.

Marie

Katy said...

Lovely card, fab way to recycle! Thanks for joining us for the pink & brown challenge at Anything Goes, good luck!

Hugs
Katy
xx

Meggymay said...

Fabulous card, love your recycled belt. Thankyou for joining us at TioT's this week.

DesignerDiva said...

Gorgeous Teri love your image and colours and what a fab way to use your old belt! thanks for joining us for our recycle challenge at MAWTT this week and good luck
Hugs Laurie x

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

this is beautiful!

Posh Cat Crafts said...

Fabbie card coloured to perfection, I love the recycle belt. Thank you for joining us at Anything goes
Hugs
Tamara

tiggertastic said...

excellent work hunny

Happy Easter

sarah xx

karen said...

Fabulous card, the belt is a great idea! thanks for joining us at DTc this week, karen

runzalot81 said...

That is a beautiful card!

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Fab idea....it looks great!

Thank you for joining us at MAWTT this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell x

Ildiko said...

Well the ribbon is there for us to cut it out and use it lol I think I've got one of those belts somwhere lol never thought of it to take it apart and use it lol I LOVE your card, just gorgeous, glad you played with us this week at TioT
hugs
Ildz

Donna said...

Hey Teri, this is such a pretty card and brilliantly done with the recycling...the beads are fab! Hope all OK with you hun...we've had a lovely Easter weekend and I don't want it to end...hugs Donna x

Susan's crafty chaos said...

Hi Teri, this is just stunning (do you ever make anything that isn't? :P) I love that bp, and why am I the only person in the world who likes those ribbons inside the shoulders of clothes. How else do you keep things on the hanger? Thanks so much for joining with our Recycling challenge at Creative Card Crew :)

mulberry station said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous card Teri! Thanks for letting us know about the scam.

Nancy

Deb.x said...

Hi Teri - I've entered your challenges a few times so its great to come across your blog! Thanks for playing at Anything Goes - Love the sensual colours! Good Luck, Deb.x

Atif said...

This is gorgeous Hun I absolutely love the belt bits awesome idea.that is a fabulous cards.
Plastic Card