Saturday, 2 April 2011

A Quick Kiddies Card

Hiya folks!

Hope I find you all well today? Me? I've got me a bellyache this morning, probably the IBS playing up again I expect. Ugh! Enough of my problems, I have a quick card for you.

This was a quickie that I knocked up for my daughters friend. It was her birthday on Thursday and Dno2 was invited to the party, so I had to make something a bit quickish! Knowing that she has a Westie, I plumped for using my Willie the Westie image, coloured with watercolour pencils, scanned and printed for layering.


Thought I would go for some springy colours rather than the obvious pink and girly ones. The dp's here are all off my compy from various suppliers. I printed out a computer generated sentiment too.


The buttons and ribbon are from the stash. Had me a bother of a time getting the ribbon to go through the tiny holes in these buttons, so it took a little longer than planned to make, but I got there in the end!!

Right, gotta go and try to forget the bellyache by hacking seven shades out of the kitchen walls!! They are covered in textured wall paint that has loads of bits in. I did that when we first moved in about ten years ago, as we couldn't afford a plasterer, and I couldn't do smooth walls, so opted for texture to mask all the imperfections! BAD idea!! The grease and dust have settled on all the little lumpy bits, and it all looks horrible now - so it's off with the bits!! Wish me luck peeps!!

Some challenges that this card fits -

Critter Sketch Challenge - Sketch+critter+buttons
Creative Card Crew - For a Child
Penny's - Recipe
Crafts and Me - Yellow
Stamp Something - Digi Day
Crafty Emmas - Children

27 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
Super kids card. I love the colours and your use of the buttons. the image is so sweet. Brilliant work.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie gorgeous card I so love the westie he is a cutie & he looks fab 3D-ddd, its a word (I think)lol. Hope you feel better soon hun & oooohhh enjoy your bashing what a cool way of releashing some built up tension & what-not lol. Can I come help plzzzzzzzzz I can pretend its Natalie's school lol.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Happy Days said...

Fab card hun. You clearly have loads more patience than me - I tried threading some ribbon thru a button a few weeks back and gave up!

Hope your bellyache goes and good luck with kitchen!! xx

Lynda said...

He is a cute westie - bet Heidi loved it. Loving the buttons too! Hope you're feeling better soon.

Love Lynda xxx

ScrappyEmt said...

Love it... it is so adorable..

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a adorable image and card teri.

greetings karin

Sherry Kushibab said...

A sweet and adorable card. Like how you cut and layered him...and the colors and buttons are awesome together. TFS

karlinchen50 said...

Hello
wow this is sweet, this is an amazing card. The design and colors are stunning.

Thanks for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge.
* Karla **

Georgia Ehrmann said...

Wonderful creations! I love the ribbon in the buttons so it was worth the bother! Good luck with the kitchen walls...been there, done that! Thank you for joining us at Critter Sketch this week!
Hugs,
Georgia

angelwhispers said...

Love the westie he is adorable!! Hope you are feeling better especially after bashing your walls Teri what therapy!! lol Chanelle xxx

Sue said...

Hi hun
aww adorable card, super cute imae, fab papers & design, thank you for joining us at CES this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

PokSa said...

Your dog card is so sweet.
Thanks for joining us at the Fairy Tale Challenge.
Hugs Sandra

Bianca said...

Oh, so very cute! I love the doggy and the buttons very much! Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge! xx Bianca

gina g said...

This is so sweet my mum would love it as its her favourite dog. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me this week. luv gina xx

marsha said...

What an adorable doggie! Love your design and the buttons and ribbon are fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Critter Sketch Challenge, hope you will come back and play again next week.
Hugs,
Marsha
CSCB-DT

Michele said...

oh, that is the sweetest little dog! Great birthday card. Thanks for playing the Critter challenge.

coldwaters2 said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Teri loving the doggy image so much thank you for joining us at Digital Tuesday this week.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Courtney said...

Too cute Teri!! I love that little dog. Thanks for joining us this week at Penny's. Good luck!

Courtney~

Teresa said...

Georgous card Teri, I love the 3d effect.thank you for joining us at crafts and me this week.
Teresa x

Colleen said...

Cute! I love the buttons - they're so cheery! Thanks for joining us at Critter Sketch Challenges!

Julye said...

Ah this is so cute , my Dad loves westies will have to check out the image link. Thanks for sharing with us all here at Penny's.
We had textured paind to the walls when we bought the house we are in, I found a wallpaper steam steripper softened it enough that it came off with a scrapper much easier but very messy.

Julye said...

Fab card and love the westie too will have to check out your link as my Dad loves westies too. Thanks for joining us at Penny's and good luck.

When I had textured paint to strip I used a wallpaper stream er as it softened the paint and it came off much easier, but very messy.

Nela said...

Very sweet card!
I love the dog!
Thanks for playing along with us at Fairytale Challenge
Hugs Nela

Pops x said...

Hi sweetie, this is just gorgeous, love the image and colours you have chosen, perfect for a childs card, hugs pops x x

kaylou said...

super gorgeous work, thank you for joining our child challenge at CES.
Hugs Kaylou xx

Julie said...

Oh this is so sweet!! Great image and I love how you've popped his head!! Thanks for joining us at CES this week, Juliexx

Hannapanna said...

This is super cute. Thanks for joining us at the Birthday challenge over at the Fairytale Challenge. Hugs, Hanna (Guest Designer)