Friday, 29 April 2011

Kenny K at Delicious Doodles

Hiya folks!

Thank you for all your best wishes yesterday, the tummy has picked up now, so all is well with the world! YEAY!! Such an annoying condition, you never know when it's going to hit you!

Onto some nicer stuff then, my card today is my DT piece for the new theme at
This week we are being sponsored by none other than Kenny K - weyhey!!
And our theme is 'Teenagers'.
Lucky for me my eldest is thirteen in September (yeah, its way off yet, but at least I have my card done! LOL) so I made this card for her.

I used an image that I won several weeks back in another challenge, VickyLee Vicious. Just had to go with that one, reminded me of my late teens/early twenties listening to Heavy Metal (still do) and going to Rock Concerts dressed in all the garb of the time. And the images name reminded me of a certain Motley Crue member too!!

Anyroadup, my eldest is into the 'Goth' thing right now, she has 'Rock Guitar Legends' on the Wii and fancies herself as a Rock Star!! So this one is perfect for her.


I started off with the image, printed off large as I am crud at colouring small areas with my watercolour pencils. Then I scanned it back into the compy and printed out some layers which got fussy-cut. I used pearlescent purple for the base card, with a strip of black card, embossed, smudged with silver rub-on, and punched using an MS border punch.


The dp is  my own, which I made from using Delicious Doodles images and layering in photoshop. Cut some shapes with a nestie and a shapeabilities die to go behind the image. Then I wrapped some purple oragnza round the black card panel, tied it in a bow, and added the bling.

Hope you guys can join us this week, there are three chances to win!!

Challenges I am entering with this card -

Mojo Monday - Sketch
Party Time Tuesday - Anything Goes
Ladybus Crafts - Fashion
ABC - T for Trouble


11 comments:

Vicky said...

OMG....WOW this is fantastic hun I love it. Love the image I think she is awesome & the colours you've done her in is just fabulous hun. Your daughter is sure to love love love this card.
Glad you are feeling better sweetie. Hope you have a fabby weekend.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

you have made a very beautiful card teri.

greetings karin

pinky said...

Now thats what I call a fashion statement!! Gorgeous card, in perfect rock chick colours. Thanks for playing along at LCI this week.
Pinky

angelwhispers said...

This is just awesome and the colour purple just perfect!!! Love it Teri just make sure you put it somewhere safe!! Love Chanelle xxxx

Pami said...

Wow what a great sassy card Teri, I love those colours! Thanks for joining in with us at LCI this week, hope to see you again soon. Pami x

Anita said...

Beautiful card and I love the purple and black. Thanks for joining in the LCI Challenge this week.

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow love the colours in this card ... stunnng! and a fab image
Thanks for joining us at LCI this week
Lisa x

theCook said...

Love those colors! Thanks for entering the fashion challenge at Ladybug Crafts Ink!

Allison said...

gorgeous card Teri
AllisonX

crafty amy said...

Hee hee this is brilliant and she is so gorgeously gothic it is like she was made for you :D
Huge hugs

Amy xx

Danie May said...

It definitely sounds like this is the perfect card for your daughter or any goth rock chick. I love it! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Party Time Tuesdays.

Danie - PTT Design Team