Monday, 4 April 2011

All About the Witchiness!

Hiya folks!

Hope all you Mum's in the UK had a lovely Mother's Day yesterday? Mine was a disappointment. Not only did I have to get up and get my own cup of coffee in the morning, but my eldest kids hadn't bothered to get or make a card. Dno2 had made one at school and she was getting on at them to do one. I had even mentioned it a few times during the previous week too. Just shows you how much they care doesn't it? :(

Well, at least the hubby remembered. He bought some flowers and a bottle of vino and a fluffy toy (why?) which was all supposed to be from the kids. Apparently he couldn't find the choccies in Tesco (huh?) so I went round the local co-op and got my own cheapy ones. What an effing let-down!!

So, I contented myself with making my DT card for Macabre Monday while the hubby cooked a roasty. The theme this week is:
"Magically Witchy!"
You are to create a dark, Gothic, or Halloween-based project That features witches, witchcraft, magic or the occult. Incantations, familiars, potion ingredients, all are welcome this week.
and we are sponsored by Stitchy at Stitchy Bear Stamps (hiya hun!) I spent ages finishing up a new image Witchy image yesterday morning, and have named her 'Kitty Witch':


She isn't in the Delicious Doodles Shop just yet, I will be putting her in on Wednesday along with a few other things, so keep your eyes out for that if you are interested! After finishing her up, I coloured her in with my watercolour pencils, scanned in the coloured image, and printed it out a few times for my layers.
I have seen a few cards in blogland that are like an easel card, but with a waterfall mechanism. Not sure what these are called, but I wanted to give it a go. So after much cutting, sticking, swearing and faffing with bits of plain paper, I managed to figure out how they are done! LOL. And here is the front of the finished card:


I used plain black card for the most part, with some black textured card from Kanban and some gold mirri for the panels, top, bottom and sides. I smeared some metallic gold rub-on over the textured card for a bit of zing, and did the same for the edges. Here it is sat with the easel bit popped up:


I added some mirri die-cut shapes to the corners which were cut using my shapeabilities Fleur-de-Lys die, and also popped a few gold brad heads on for a bit more 'something'. Needed to make me a 'Get Well' card for a DT buddy, so the sentiment is personalised for her. Just wish I could send her a spell or two to help out in her life's troubles. This will be sent in the post today, hope it gets to you safely hun . . .!!


And finally a close-up of the finished and layered up image. Didn't bother adding any stickles or glitter. Me thinks she looks fine as she is! Bit of a 'Kiss meets Alice Cooper' thing going on with the eyes, but what the heck! All adds to the effect huh?!


Oh, forgot to mention the skulls - they are supposed to be Cat skulls, but I elongated the teeth for a bit of dramatic effect. Not sure if they are anatomically correct, but who cares eh?!

OK, so I hope you can join in with us this week over at Macabre Monday - see you there folks!!


12 comments:

Happy Days said...

Oh Teri I do feel for ya! They'll appreciate you one day soon.

Your card is fantastic - I love everything about it. The Alice Cooper eyes are awesome and I may have to pinch that idea :D

Claire x

AnItA mArIe said...

wow Teri that image is awesome ,absolutely love your card...hugz Anita..xx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
Wonderfully vivid colours and a fabulous image on this amazing card. You are so talented.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Carrie said...

Glad you got some choccies hun... even if you did have to buy them yourself lol xx

Your card is spooooktacular!!

Ildiko said...

OMG and WOW and WOW I'm speechless you not just a bril artis but a SUPEREB card maker as well, I bet Lyn gonna love this, I love this image, but then which image of yours we don't like lol
hugs
Ildz

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a great image and card teri.

greetings karin

angelwhispers said...

Wow its just fabulous and great colours you really do fab haunted cards!!!! Love Chanelle xxx

Hope you enjoyed your choccies Teri I went for the Baileys!! lol

mulberry station said...

Hi Teri, I love all the layering and your easel card is magnificant!! I bet you had fun figuring it out. Hope you are doing well.
Hugs, Nancy

Ruthie said...

Ha ha - you do make me laugh Teri...gotta love those kiddies!!!

Rx

Vicky said...

OH MY BLOODY GOD........erm I mean oh flippin 'eck....this is amazing hun...I've just sat here for 5 mins staring at it with me gob open looking as tho I'm about to have a stroke or summit lol. Love the image....I love everything!!

I feel for you hunni for mothers day, at least your hubby made dinner & you got to drown your sorrows a bit with your drink lol.
Thank you soooo much for your comment hun its a tin of derwent pencils I think its a tin of 72.... I think lol.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Misty Boston said...

what a great card!!! :)
good job! :)
love the easel bit, so cute!
and as for the kiddos, they'll appreciate someday... glad to hear for now you are being good to you! :)

tiggertastic said...

oh my lord this is amazing ! what a gothic image and coloured so well, stunning work as always

sarah x