Thursday, 3 March 2011

Winged Things at TCPF

Hiya folks!

BOY - What an evening we had yesterday! Right in the middle of cooking tea for the family when I heard the most god almighty thump followed by wailing and howling. So I dropped everything and legged it through from the kitchen to find the wee one sprawled at the bottom of the stairs, hair everywhere, red faced (no not blood thankfully) and crying uncontrolably.

Poor baby decided to fly down the stairs instead of walking and apparently did somersaults bashing her hip, knee, wrist, head and face at the same time. She complained of her head and wrist hurting, so of course tea was rushed and wolfed down (kids were hungry, including wee one) and a swift trip to A&E ensued. Well, after a VERY long time waiting for the X-ray lady, she ended up with just a bump on the head, but her wrist in a half-cast type thing. Apparently kiddies bones bend rather than break, and they weren't 100% sure of it being broken. Will find out today when the X-ray is reviewed.

Still, she was desperate to go to school today, and we didn't have any head problems overnight, so off she went. Phew! So glad it wasn't any worse. I hate it when they bang their heads.

Right. That's off me chest, so today's card then is my DT piece for the

Our new theme for this fortnight is
'Things with Wings'.

I chose to use the gorgeous 'Peacock Blue' pyrimage sheet,
just looove these colours together.


My dp's are digital, as is the majority of this card with the elements coming from 'Just So Scrappy Too' (including the stitching!). I added some stickles to the pearly frame and the image for a bit of glam, and some gems here and there. The ribbon bow is hand-tied, and the charm is hand-made using jewellery bits from the bargain bin at Boots the Chemist.


Need to catch up with everything I didn't get round to doing last night. Better get on with it - TTFN!!


Some challenges:

Midnight Madness - sketch (turned sideways)
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Crafty Creations - Blue + Green + feminine
Simon Says - recipe
4 Crafty Chicks - Stitching


21 comments:

Happy Days said...

Oh Teri how scary for you. I'm so glad it wasn't more serious.

Your card is stunning - just love everything about it. xx

Vicky said...

Awwww bless her hope she is ok & I hope her wrist doesnt turn out to be broken. I'm so glad I dont have stairs anymore cus they really worry me. My dad's brother died when he fell down the stairs when he was younger so it petrifies me but I'm so glad she is ok hun.
Love your card this is my 2nd fave image actually its gorgeous.
My fave programme is top gear hun you made my day altho my fave car that I drool over is the Bugatti Veyron that is....well excuse my saying but its just sex on wheels.....VERY fast wheels at that!!!

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Larisa said...

she is so pretty!!! Love the blue!

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

Man oh man it sucks when kids fall and like you said, when they bang their heads it is even worse!!!
I hope she makes a real fast recovery...sounds like she bounces just fine!!!
Your card is absolutely gorgeous Teri! The colors are amazing & the design perfect!

angelwhispers said...

Glad the little one is ok Teri!! Its a nightmare when things happen like this and its a good job there are more flexible than we are!!!!

Just loving the card the image is yummy and just loving the design just gorgeous! Chanelle xxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow teri another beautiful creation from you, gorgeous card.
like that you have the thosen color blue and not purple [ lol ].

greetings karin

Tamie said...

Teri, you card is just stunning the stitching just adds to the wow factor. Thank you for sharing you beautiful card with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Those stairs can cause a lot of trouble. I have taken a few down mine as well as my kids. I hope her wrist heals fast. Hugs to you and yours. hoping your Thursday is less exciting for you. Hugs.

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Ooh, do hope she is OK today. What a fright. Your card is beautiful, fantastic blue. Love the charm. Marianne x

Pascale said...

Oh gosh hun hope the x ray was okay and she is feeling much better today xxx Huge hugs to you both and I love your card beautiful attention to detail xxx Pascale

kaos said...

Oh - that sounds scary - hope she's really completely alright again!

Wonderful card - love the pearl details!
hugs
kaos

Leanne said...

Wow what a beautiful job, I love it all....very nicely done.

Leanne DT 4 Crafty Chicks!

Ruthie said...

All in the joy of having kids! Phew that the head was ok!

Josh broke his arm when he was 4 - was at a park on play equipment - he asked me to give him a leg up back onto the equipment so he could carry on playing!

We DO hospitals with Josh - quite funny really - we had a broken toe and a head injury in 10 days - saw the same dr who recognised him from the previous time! Oooops! I have to say that he was in the care of a holiday club for the second incident....he was sitting on a barrier and fell backwards, instead of letting go he held on and swivelled round to hit his head on the bottom bar of the barrier (where he had been resting his feet) - quite funny really, after we had got the all clear.

Oh - and stairs - riding a sit-on train down the stairs was a good one too!

Give her a big hug - and one for you too, to help with the shock!

Rx

coldwaters2 said...

WOW Teri this is one stunning card what a gorgeous blue you have used and the image, ribbon, charm and design look so beautiful
Hugs
Lorraine x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Teri :-) the image is beautiful and the papers and colours are fab :-)
I am not sure what happened to the linky ?? but can you pop back and link your card ,, I can't do it because it needs your email address ( in case you are the random winner it automatically emails you )

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Denise @ kc242 said...

Wow! Your card is hauntingly beautiful. LOVE the image and color selection. One of the best that I have seen. Love the dangly charm too! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Midnight Madness!
Denise
MmDT

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

This is gorgeous Teri! Love the blues, it is soo striking! And with the little touch of green in there - supercool!

Hope your little girl is doing better!

Thank you for sharing with us at Midnight Madness. I hope you will play with us again next week!

Hugs
Gunn
Midnight Madness Design Team

Sassylassy said...

Absolutely stunning creation. A true work of art! Your stamp is colored in beautifully the colors are breath taking. Pleasure viewing you work. Thank you so much for joining us for this weeks sketch challenge with Midnight Madness. I look forward to you playing with us again.
Hugs Bonnie
MM-Designer

Guro said...

Wow Teri!!! This is another stunner from you, your coloring is over the top; love love love it :-D Hope your litle girl is ok after flying the stairs.
Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.
Hugs Guro

Dawn Edwards said...

What a Fantastic card. Beautiful Image and fabulous accenting. The coloring is amazing I just want to stare at it all.
Thanks for joining us this week at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.
Dawn
MMSC-DT

Nana Connie said...

Incredible card! Love the blues you used. The embellishments are fantastic. We'll keep the little one in our prayers.

Andrea said...

Such a stunning card - the image and the colour are amazingly beautiful - love all your details, especially the charm.
Hope your little girl has recovered from her fall - I hate it when the children fall down stairs, well when they have any accident actually! I think the worst one my daughter did was when she fell off a chair at nursery and bit a hole through her tongue - when I took her to the MIU to get it checked they had to make a note of her black eye, from a clash of heads a few days before!
Love, Andrea xx