Tuesday, 1 March 2011

Sweet Shamrock Fairy

Hiya folks!

WOW - another gorgeous day! Makes a change for us here in North East Scotland, it's usually cloudy when there is a high pressure over the UK, but the last few days have been totally fab, with Spring in the air, birdies chirping, warm temperatures (well, almost 10 degrees C).


I wanted to celebrate the coming of Spring with a girly style, spring-ey coloured something, and plumped for my fav card type of the moment, a twisted easel. I have used a variety of digital papers for this one, in a green, yellowy-gold and lilac/purple combo. I also used up some of the spare bazzil stash that is in my bits box on the handmade flowers and leaves.


Said flowers are made using various punches, with gems for the centre, inky petals and stickles. I also did some distressing to most things on this card, using my wee bit of sandpaper. Just about noticeable if you look closely! LOL. For the main card layout I used this week's sketch from Our Creative Corner, and their optional theme is 'distressing'. Trouble is, I hate using sentiments, so I used the flower in place of it instead, hope you don't mind ladies!


The image is my own digital one, released last week into the Delicious Doodles Shop -


I coloured her in with the usual watercolour pencils, scanned her into the compy and printed a few times onto an A4 sheet so I could fussy cut round her and decoupage up with foam pads. I added some stickles to the Shamrocks in her hair and on the wings for some extra bling.


Last job was the handmade charm hanging from the hand-tied bow. Organza ribbon is a new purchase from the local craft shop. The pearly chain is from a bit of old necklace bought in the sales at Christmas, and the butterfly is from a pair of ear-rings I got from the local chemist which was also on offer. Dead handy!!


Righty-ho then. Need to get some DT stuff done. I'm a bit behind as I did some gardening yesterday which dragged me away from the crafty space. Catch ya leter peeps!!

Some challenges I am entering this into:

OCC - sketch + theme
Crafty Emmas - Flowers and flutterbys
Flutterby Wednesday - Open + butterfly/fairy/angel
CRAFT - Colour palette
Paper Cutz - Spring colours
Stamp Something - Flowers
SSDS - Easel Cards
Sweet Stampin' - Oh So Girly
Corrosive - Distressing


15 comments:

Pascale said...

Gorgeous I love this hun and I love love love your fairies xxx Hugs Pascale

Janet said...

great card! thanks for joining the corrosive challenge!
hugs

Happy Days said...

Gorgeous card hun. Lovin' your homemade flowers and the organza ribbon. x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card, Thank you for joining in with us this week at CRAFT Challenge.
Kevin xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

I like your twisted easelcard teri.
love your beautiful image.
and your coloring is as always great.

greetings karin

Sally H said...

Absolutely stunning, Teri! You have been busy!

Rebekah said...

This is just beautiful teri! Stunning image and the colours are fab hugs Rebekah xx

Vicki B. said...

gorgeous coloring and colors on this! Thanks for playing along with us on the OCC challenge this week.

sharon said...

Stunning card. Thanks for joining in at CRAFT challenge. Don't forget to check back tomorrow for our next challenge. Sharon x

CraftyC said...

Beautiful card Teri, love the colours and a gorgeous image.Thanks for taking part in this weeks CES Challenge!
Clairexx

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Oh, Teri, your shamrock fairy is magnficent! Love the coloring on her and those sweet shamrocks! And what beautiful colors and textures you have combined on this wonderful card! Terrific job on the Distressed Sketch challenge. We're always happy when you can join in our fun at Our Creative Corner!

Lorraine said...

this is so beautiful thankyou for joining us at sweet stampin this week and good luck huni xx

Carrie said...

WOW... wonderful image but wow..wonderful card!! totally amazing!! Thanks for playing with us at CES xx

Regan said...

Absolutely breath-taking, as always! Beautifully colored and I love how your cards have such depth and dimension to them! Gorgeous colors too! Thanks for playing along @ The Corrosive Challenge! :)

Sarah Gough said...

Love those bright purples! Thanks for distressing our sketch at OCC this week!