Tuesday, 8 March 2011

Springtime Snowdrops

Hiya folks!

Ugh, spring has left us! It's turning cold, the wind has picked up, it's grey and there is a threat of snow!! YUCK!

And here I was thinking Spring had sprung, all the wee flowers popping out, my seeds sprouting in their trays, birdies chirping. They'll be tucked up in their nests today for sure! Talking of wee flowers, my garden is brimming with lovely Snowdrops right now, and primroses, and iris flowers and crocus. So pretty - hope they don't get blown away!

I had a request the other day for a retirement card with my Snowdrops image on it, and this is what I made:


Personally I would have used green to go with the flowers, but my customer wanted blues, so that's what she's got! I made one similar to this not so long ago, so I just used the same stuff on the computer, but changed the colours, and added the sentiment, bow and charm as requested. Hope she likes it!


Now, there are a few 'Spring' challenges out there right now, so I am entering this card into these:

Creative Inspirations - In the Garden
Fab 'n' Funky - Spring
Delightful Challenges - Welcome Spring
Cute Card Thursday - Signs of Spring
S4TW - Springtime
The Pink Elephant - Springtime
Totally Papercrafts - Pearls and Lace


14 comments:

Annette Bowes said...

Beautiful card Teri, love how you have popped the snowdrops up, cute charm, take careX:)

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a beautiful spring card teri.
wonderful flower and design.

greetings karin

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Tei,
This card is beautifully crafted. I love the snowdrops and I think the blue works with them.
Hugs,
Fiona x

~Jeri~ said...

Beautiful!! Love everything about this! The lace is a beautiful touch. Stunning work!

Thanks for joining us at Craft Us Crazy and hope to see you joining us again!

Craftyanny said...

Gorgeous card Teri, really pretty
Thanks for playing along with TPC this week
Anne x

Vicky said...

Hi hunni this is b eautiful if she doesn't like it I will have it lol. She will love it I'm sure I love the colours I think the blue goes really well as well. Love the snowdrops. Your garden sounds so pretty hun mine is a mess I've lost a few of my large grass palms cus of the rotten winter, I love evergreens & I keep flowers to my tubs & baskets & the front garden which is getting done in spring. Its still too cold now lol ssshh thats my excuse lol.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Lynda said...

It's wonderful Teri and I must admit I love the blue background - it really shows the flowers off perfectly.

Love Lynda xxx

Andrea C said...

It is very beautiful. Your snowdrops are gorgeous (my hubby's fave flowers are snowdrops) x

Mummylade said...

wow, I love how the flowers pop up from the card. Thank you so much for entering it in the SFTW challenge and good luck!

Rebekah said...

Love your snowdrops teri and the fab charm! Thanks for joining in our nature challenge at CUC! and at SFTW Hugs Rebekah xx

Aunty Sue said...

Fab card and thnks for joining Creative inspirations this week

Cec said...

Absolutely gorgeous. I love how the flowers pop and the colour scheme is so pretty. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.
Hugs!
Cec

Julie said...

Super cute! Thank you for joining us at Cute Card Thursday!

Julie

Jenni said...

Beautiful, don't know about your customer but I love it! Thanks so much for joining in with this month's Crafty Calendar challenge.
Jenni x