Friday, 18 March 2011

Something Different. . .

 . . . For me it is anyways . . .

Hiya folks!

Hope you are all keeping well? Thank you all for your best wishes for the wee one. She still has her annoying cough, but it is easing slightly. Had to keep her off school as they don't like kids to go in and spread the germs - makes me laugh that does, when you think they don't use bleach any more to clean the surfaces!

Well, today sees the start of a new theme at the Delicious Doodles Challenge, and this time we want to see a 3 Dimensional project. I know - Panic Mode!!!  Usually I hate doing 3D other than my usual layered cards or the odd box when I have to, but I pushed out the boat with this one and made myself a decent box to put my beady bits and charms in.


This started it's life as a couple of 'Cadbury's Chocolate Mini Rolls' boxes, which were just plain white, but fairly sturdy. I covered them in a load of thick Mulberry paper that I have had hanging about for years and never used (yeay!). This was then painted in three coats of acryllic black paint before adding the ornate feet, which are Tim Holtz.


Had to research these, as I wans't sure if I could get any feet for craft stuff, but I found them - pretty steep in the price department though, so this box is staying with me! Also had to buy some hinges and a clasp, but got them cheap enough on ebay. So, after attaching all the hardware I smudged metallic rub-on over the whole thing, and varnished with Satin quick drying stuff that doesn't stink the place out!


Then I printed out a wee image - my Beastly Bat-erfly, in black on a gold coloured background, snipped round, glued in place and varnished over the lid again to protect it.


Later on I think I will find me some velvet for a lining, and then get some of those wee 'favour bags' to seperate my charms and beads before putting them in the box.


Hope you guys don't get frightened off this week! After all - what is a challenge if it isn't challenging??

Not many other challenges out there for this box, but here goes with the ones I have found:

Paper Cutz - Open choice
AiFactory - Things with Wings
Stamp Insanity - Metallic stuff, or gold
Ambers Crafts + Stuff - Use old stash/Anything goes
Bling It On - Anything goes


20 comments:

EVIL twin said...

Wicked awesome! I am SO in love with this!!!!

Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Amber's Crafts & Stuff!

CraftyNCrazy said...

This is absolutely amazing! I am so glad you entered it into my challenge.

Thanks for stopping by Amber's Crafts and Stuff! I hope you will join us again next Wednesday!

~*~Amber~*~
www.amberscraftsandstuff.com

Happy Days said...

This fab hun! I'm in love with those feet, still not sure I can justify the £'s though!! Although it has to be said if my box looked half as good as this I would probably push the boat out!

Have a great weekend.

Claire xx

Barb said...

Beautiful work as always, Teri... and recycling at it's VERY best :)

Andrea C said...

Fantastic work can't believe that was a choccie box. Hope your little one's cough clears up soon x

Allison said...

gorgeous box TERI
allisonx

KarinsArtScrap said...

teri I like this it's very beautiful.

greetings karin

angelwhispers said...

This is just fantastic Teric I just love the texture it looks beautiful and I can just see it with lush velevt inside and those feet just perfect!! Chanelle xxx

Pascale said...

This is GORGEOUS Teri well worth the expense on the feet. Still cannot believe you made this from mini chocolate roll containers xxx

Linda w said...

Utterly fantastic. Who'd believe it had such a humble beginning (got to love those choc rolls though). Beautiful job. Thanks for joining us at Amber's Crafts and Stuffs first challenge, hope to see you again next week. Hugs lin

Anniebee said...

What a cool box!! I have a container fetish so this really sparks an interest in that regard! LOL I don't believe I have seen that particular Cadbury product but I'll be on the watch for it now. Thanks for playing with us this week at Amber's Crafts and Stuff. I hope you'll join us again very soon.

Anne

Vicky said...

WOW...I was right about this looking awesome I love it & those feet look amazing on it. I have seen them on the net a few times & I agree about them being pricey. This looks fabulous against your red material hun so maybe red velvet would just look amazing inside it & set off the black & gold even more. I would keep this myself not cus of the feet but just cus its really gorgeous I wouldn't want it to leave my possession lol.
Really hope Hazel gets better soon hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

DonnaMundinger said...

Fabulous, Teri! Good for you getting out of your comfort zone with totally awesome results! xxD

Jennie said...

Teri this is so clever!
You would never believe this started life out as 2 mini roll boxes!! I am so amazingly impressed!

Thanks so much for sharing it with us at AI Factory this week xxx

Patsi said...

Brilliant and very original. thanks for joining us at bling it on xx

Beth said...

Awesome! Thanks for sharing with us at StampInsanity!

craftybunny said...

Amazing transformation!Mini Roll boxes - who'd have thought.And you get to keep it!Tahnks for joining us at AiFactory :D
Lisa x

Crystal said...

oh my, this is gorgeous! what a stunning job you did! thanks for playing along at AiFactory...hope to see you again soon! hugs!

laney said...

WOW!! this is awesome Terri!!
so glad you have joined us for our very first challenge at Bling it ON!!
hugs
laney

Debs said...

great project..well done on trying something different:0)...thanks for sharing with us at Bling it On...hugs Debs x