Saturday, 26 March 2011

Pack a Punch at SPS

Hiya folks!

It's a lovely wet day today here in NE Scotland - ugh! What happened to Spring??

I have a few dainty flowers to keep me going though, on this gift box I made for the
Our theme this time is 'Punches', so I got out me flowery ones and me Dragonfly and Butterfly one and punched away! Then I remembered I had to have a Sweet Pea Stamp on it - Duh!!


I coloured in this little lady, Ching Chou-Kuik's 'Spring Moony Night', with my watercolour pencils, and fussy cut her out to stick to the front of my box. Found a great template for this make from Papertray Ink.


I started off with just some white card to cut the shapes out from the template, as it was my first attempt. Didn't want to faff up any lovely cardstock did I?? LOL. But it came out OK, so I proceeded to cover up the panels with some dusky dark pink bazzill and a printed DP that has been in my bits box for a year or two!!


I used up a bit more of my sparkly metallic pink ribbon on the inside just to bling it up a bit, and then added all my punched shapes and popped some gems on too. The big flowers also have some stickled edges and dots for a bit more bling.


This all comes together with a couple of tabs that tuck in, but I had to figure out how they would go inside when I had put some card there. Didn't want the tabs to show, and they would have got jammed under the inner box shape too if I hadn't left a space unstuck for them.


Managed to bodge that bit though, so all is well with the world! LOL.

OK, I'm off clothes shopping with my eldest two today (yawn!) They had some vouchers from their Nanny to spend in Matalan. Trouble is the youngest will feel left out, as she had clothes sent for her instead of vouchers. So that means I'll end up spending more dosh myself. . . Shame it wasn't being spent on crafting goodies!!

Hope you guys can join us at Sweet Pea Stampers this time! See you there peeps!

Other Challenges -

Flutterby Wednesday - Open (butterfly punches)
Creative Inspirations - No square cards
Fab 'n' Funky - More than one fold
Stamp Insanity - Punches
Simply Create - Do It Yourself



18 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This is absolutely stunning. What a lot of detail and gorgeous colours. This is a fabulous creation.
Hugs,
Fiona x

KarinsArtScrap said...

great box/card you have made teri, it's looks fabulous.
great design and your image looks great too.


greetings karin

Sally H said...

This is stunning Teri! I love it. Hope the trip to Matalan wasn't too painful! I know what it's like. Last time I went was to get something for myself and ended up spending twice as much on Meg as on me!

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

gorgeous Teri!!!

Bea said...

Just love your box :o)

Thanks for joiningus at Simply Create this time

Bea

Happy Days said...

Wow - this is amazing hun. Thanks to link for the template will check it out later. However, it looks really complicated!

Claire xx

Janet said...

this is awesome! thanks for joining the asylum this week!
hugs

Vicky said...

WOWWWWWWWWWW.....I so wasnt expecting the inside to look like this I already thought it was awesome then when I saw inside my jaw just dropped......so thank you for the bruise!!
What do you mean pull your socks up your creations are always amazing you certianly cannot say that & your drawings well....you are incredibly gifted hun.
Hope you have a fab weekend hunni.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Teri, what a stunning project you have made here. It's nice to see different Sweet Pea stamps come to life. Hope you got all the shopping done - oh I so hate shopping. Best wishes, Kym xxx

karen said...

Wow this is a fabulous project! thanks for sharing with us at fab n funky this week, Karenx

Danni said...

Wow!! Amazing creation!! So pretty! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

shell said...

Gorjuss Teri,thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week.
Shell xx

angelwhispers said...

Just love this fab creation and loving the colours and image! Hope you have had a good weekend Love Chanelle xxx

mulberry station said...

wow, Teri, what a gorgeous project. I love all the detail work you have put into it. It is stunning.
Nancy

NGCARDS said...

A lovely card hun! Thanks for joining in with our challenge of No Square Cards this week over at Creative Inspirations Wednesday's Challenge Blog! xxx

ike said...

This is just truly amazing, stunning, brilliant.... I LOVE IT

Hugs

Ike xx

Jane said...

Fantastic card love the image thanks for playing at StampinSanity this week
luv Jane xxx

darling Ho said...

Wow! What a pretty project! It's so special!
Thanks for joining us at SC this time. ~~hugs~darling Ho~~