Wednesday, 30 March 2011

New Releases and a Card

Hiya folks!

*** warning - image-heavy post!!***

Can't believe it's Wednesday again! It sure comes round quick doesn't it?! LOL

So that means some more New Releases to the Delicious Doodles Shop - yeay!

First up then, I had a special request from one of my DT ladies to do an Angel with Baby, and this is what I came up with, loosly based on the 'Mother Mary' image I did at Christmas time:


I have also made a card using this image - you can catch all the deets below. . .

Next up, I have done some Vase images to go with some of the floral designs in the Shop. I have purposely left them blank so you can do some paper-piecing with them, so here they are -





And last but by no means least, a Small Butterfly:


Perfect to add to your Summertime designs!

Keep those piccies coming peeps - I love seeing what you create with my images

Don't forget I will be displaying them here after 8th April, so get yours in along with your post link and I'll do the rest!!

**********************

Now for the deets on the card above.

After designing the image, I printed her out and coloured her in using my trusty watercolour pencils before scanning back into the compy and printing three pics off to layer up.


I have used papers that I bought the other week from Designer Digitals. I have smudged ink on the edges of these, and have layered the one under the image onto some gold mirri. I got some netting that I had left over when I cut up my old head-dress, and tied that round the card, and put a punched flower on the top, with a brad through to secure it all. The dots on the flower are done with gold dimension paint.


When assembled I put some stickles over the Angel and splodged it round a bit with my finger, as I didn't want it to look all liney as it does when it come out of the bottle. Finishing touches were the pearls in the corners. Just added that bit of 'something' that was lacking.


Hope you like it peeps!

Now for some challenges -

Paper Cutz - 3 x Designer papers
Party Time Tuesday - Anything plus hand-made flower
Anything Goes Challenge - hand made embellishments (flower)
Ladybug Crafts Challenge - Handmade flowers
Stamping Boutique - Handmade flowers
Make It Monday - Anything


21 comments:

Judie aka Craftymess said...

This is gorjuss Teri, love the way you have used the image, such an effect - thank for getting Crafty with us at Crafty Cardmakers

hugs
Judie xx

Lisa Jane said...

wonderful decoupaged image and gorgeous metallic flower
Thanks for joining us at LCI this week
Lisa x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
Beautiful image, wonderfully coloured and decoupaged. This makes a gorgeous card. It's adorable.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Miranda said...

wonderful card teri, really fantastic with another great image and gorgeous flower
thanks for joining us at the TSB challenge #3
hugs
Miranda

angelwhispers said...

What an elegant image just love it and your layout really makes her stand out so perfectly!! Chanelle xxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a beautiful card and image teri.
love that little touch of glitter.

greetings karin

pinky said...

Stunning card Teri, what a beautiful image. I love your gorgeous flower too. Thanks for playing along at LCI this week.
Pinky

Kathryn said...

Gorgeous angel, so talented! Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes, K x

sue said...

lovely card thanks for joining us at anything goes x sue x

Melly said...

OMG!
This is just amazing! I adore the image you used! It looks amazing decoupaged up!
Thanks for joining in Crafty Cardmakers Spotlight Challenge
Hugs Melly xxx

Pinkllilac said...

Love the new images Teri and your card is just so beautiful, love your colouring and decoupaged.
Hugs Linda

jackid said...

Beautiful card image is stunning thanks for joining us at crafty cardsmakers
Jacki xx

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Yet again, you put us mere mortals to shame with your exquisite creations. Absolutely gorgeous Teri.
Helen xx

Vicky said...

WOWWWWWWWW.....this is soooo beautiful I love this image she is gorgeous & the way she is coloured is just perfect hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Cazro said...

A special card, love the colours you used. Thanks for joining in at CCM with our challenge of Decoupage. Caz

Pami said...

Gorgeous card Teri, the flower looks fab. Thanks for joining us at LCI this week, good luck, Pami x

Michelle said...

Hi Teri

Fabulous images and a gorgeous card!! I love the dimention you have added to your card by layering the image.

Thank you for sharing over at Make it Monday this week.

Michelle :-)

Hestia's Helper said...

I'm so glad you decided to enter the challenge at the Stamping Boutique!
Your flower is beautiful and your work with that image is incredible!

Stacie

Heide said...

Oh My this is just stunning. Love how you popped the image. beautiful flower too. Thanks for joining us at TSB.
Hugs, Heide
TSB DT

April said...

your image is stunning! I love the layers to her and the coloring...fantastic! Thanks so much for joining TSB!

Lin said...

Hi Teri,

I was stoked to receive your lovely comment on my recent dragon card regarding your lovely image, and here I am returning the favour. Sadly I didn't create the image in question, you did, again, lol

Beautifully coloured, gorgeous composition and just adorable.

Thanks so much for stopping by our Decoupage Spotlight at Crafty Cardmakers with this lovely creation.

Lin xx