Friday, 4 March 2011

Make Your Own!

Hiya folks!

Many thank you's for all your well wishes for my little one after her fall down the stairs Wednesday evening.

She is doing well and is back at school. She has a 'half cast' with plaster on the top and padding beneath, and a sling to carry in. It wasn't a bad break after all, although I did have to phone the hospital as they forgot to phone me with the X-ray results - slackers!! She has a check up next Thursday and 'take it from there'.

Right, to business then folks! LOL

It's a new theme at the Delicious Doodles Challenge, and this week we want you to:

'Make the card/project YOU want to recieve'

whether it is for your birthday, wedding anniversary, whatever - as long as it's what you would like to get!
Sounds like fun huh?

This week as well as the usual digi-prize from the Delicious Doodles Shop, we are also being sponsored by the wonderful
with this fabulous prize:


How cool is that peeps!!??

I wanted to combine a few challenges with this project, so I hope I have met the criteria for them! I plumped for a design that I am finding is a favourite at the mo, the twisted easel card, but I also made a matching presentation box to go with it. After all, with all the dimension, it wouldn't do to have it squashed in the post!!


I decided also to have a wee break from purple! LOL. I know purple is my fav, but you gotta change it up now and again haven't you? So I chose to use some papers by Funky Hand, a downloaded set named 'Minty Madness'. I matched up the darkest colour in that set by using grey with some black. Sorry - had to use black seeing as I'm not using purple. . .!! LOL


The main image is a brand new one released to the Delicious Doodles Shop this week, named


And I also used the Nouveau Border, and put little grey gems on the corners. The Fairy image is 'as it comes', no extra colouring here. I did however add some stickles for a bit of glitz.


 I wanted to combine a 'Nouveau' style with a 'Gothic' style, as I love both of these. Gothic is my most favourite, with Nouveau being a VERY close second. Not sure if it worked or not, I'll let you guys be the judge of that. . .!


All the frew-frew here is hand-made. The flowers and leaves are made with punches and Marianne Dies, with the petals being inked, smudged with metallic rub-on, and curled. I added some more of those little grey gems for their centres.


The large organza bow is hand-tied, and I made the dangly charm using more recycled 'bits' from the bargain bin at Boots the Chemist, including the feather and the big droplet (both from a pair of earrings).


The matching box was made by printing the papers and white writing panel onto white card, with spare bits printed and cut out for the side panels. I made this one up by myself using my old score-board and a few pieces of A4 paper to practice with first. Took a few goes to get the right size for the card, but got there in the end! Must say I am quite chuffed at how this project turned out!

I'll leave you with another pic of the finished product. TTFN folks!



Challenges entered:

1. Sugar Creek Hollow - Inside and Out
2. Craft Your Passion - Girly Girl
3. Pear Tree Designs - Ribbon
5. Penny's - Green
6. Creative Card Crew - Gothic
7. Polka Doodles - Flower Power
8. DYSU - Green


30 comments:

Colette said...

Fabulous card, love the image, the colours, the flowers, in fact everything about it, thank you for joining us for my theme this week at Polkadoodles, good luck! Colette xx

angelwhispers said...

Its gorgeous and such beautiful colours!! I just love the image its fabulous and no colouring wow!!!! Love it Chanelle xx

Glad to hear the little one is ok but the hospital well its amazing how they get away with it!!!!!!

Denise and Louise said...

Wow - awesome card. Love everything about it!! Must get that image. Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

WencheP said...

Oh my gosh! This is stunning! The image is gorgeous! Love the colors, love the flowers - love everything! Thanks so much for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

KarinsArtScrap said...

I like your card teri.
love the colors you have chosen with this image, it's perfect.

greetings karin

Lynda said...

Absolutely stunning card Teri and that's a very creative use of the bargain bin finds!

Love Lynda xxx

Ruthie said...

Oh Teri - its beautiful - just love it! Are you going to send it to yourself on your birthday???

Rx

Heide said...

This is just stunning! You have put a tone of work into this GORGEOUS creation. Thank you for joining us at SCH. Hope to see more.
Hugs, Heide
SCH DT

Donna Moore said...

Holy Cow, this is so over the top amazing: I am sitting here with my mouth hanging open! You have given me such a dose of eye candy I have probably gained 10lbs!! Love this entire work of art! Must give that twisted easel card a try!
Thank you for joining us this week at SCH, please visit us again soon!!
donna
SCH DT

Miranda said...

it's awesome again teri, very very very lovely
great image and greys love it
thanks for playing along with us at the DYSU challenge this week
hugs
Miranda

Allison said...

gorgeous card Teri, love the minty madness download and can't wait to get chance to pay with this wonderful fairy
AllisonX

Pascale said...

Tsk tsk the NHS but good news that she is okay xxx
GORGEOUSLY STUNNING creation I wouldn't mind meself xxx

Primitive Paper said...

A big "WARM WELCOME" to this weeks challenge at Sugar Creek Hollow. I am having Spring fever this week and your card just reminds me of that even more. I always love looking at those cards you can tell much time and planning has gone into and yours is certainly tops!!! We welcome you back anytime to play our challenge at SCH. Blessings to you my friend....Tracy, SCH Owner.

Dawn Edwards said...

Wow what a stunning card! I love the image and have to go check it out! Thanks for sharing with us at Sugar Creek Hollow! So much inspiration!
Dawn
SCH-DT

mckinkle said...

Super set Teri, have to love the mint papers, it goes so well with your design.

Sorry to read about your little one, hope she has a great recovery.

Keryn x

Julye said...

Fab card and very subtle on the green, thanks for sharing with us all here at Penny's.

LouDotMac said...

Woahh!! This is stunning! You have such an eye for detail, I love the flowers and leaves and swirls and the subtle hint of green!! Yum!!

Thanks for joining us over at Pear Tree Designs in our 'Ribbon' challenge - good luck.

Lou Mac. xo

P.S I love yout blog header!

Courtney said...

What a stunning card Teri! I just love it!! Thank you for sharing with us at Penny's this week. Good Luck!!

Courtney~

Peggysue said...

Impressive project Teri. It is beautiful and i wouldn't give it to anyone BUT myself! lol
Thank you for joining our GREEN challenge at DYSU. Good luck!

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
how ya didlin??
wowzer this is totally gorgeous, luv the image n sparkle, fab papers & embelies, lovely design, gorgeous creation hun, sue,x

Michelle VP said...

Wow, love all the details on your card and box! Especially the added glitter to your image - so pretty! Thanks for getting inky with us at Flutterby Wednesday. :)

BondGirl said...

Beautiful I adore this card. I love the effect the simple image with the glitter gives. just stunning! Thanks for joining in the polkadoodle challenge

Audrey said...

Wow! What a breathtaking card! I love it! Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.

Danni said...

Truly stunning! Wow!! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Caroline said...

Stunning Card!!!!! Perfect for our Gothic challenge at the Creative Card Crew.
Caroline x

Sarabeth said...

wow! this card is just stunning! y ou did an amazing job!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for playing along with us at Paper Crafting Journey's Things w/ Wings challenge!

xo
Sarabeth-DT

Ashley Lydia said...

what an awesome card ! I am loving the monochromatic look here ! THanks for playing with us over at POlka Doodles
Ashley

Fliss said...

Wow Teri! Really stunning card, just love the image and the colours look gorgeous.
Thanks for joining in with Polka Doodles flower power challenge and good luck!
x

Tip Top said...

Wow! Fantastic flowers! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

Katalytic said...

Well done on your result in the Polka Doodles challenge this week, beautiful card