Friday, 11 March 2011

Green for Saint Patrick

Hiya folks!!

Bbbbbbrrrr, it's still chilly up here in NE Scotland, but at least the sun is shining today. Yesterday was horrible, sleet and wind, the odd snow flurry - yuck! Too cold to get me washing out today - it would come back as stiff as a board! LOL

So, Friday today, and that means a new challenge over at Delicious Doodles! This week, in honour of it being Saint Patrick's Day next Thursday, we have gone all green. I hope you can join us this time, doesn't need to be a St. Pat's project, just as long as it's green!

I have me some Irish blood, from many generations ago, so I did a St.Pat's card with a wee Leprechaun's Face and a Guinness Glass on. I made it suitable for a male too. Not that it makes any difference, as I haven't got anyone to send it to.


My papers are from the stash on me compy - I made the shamrock one myself using photoshop brushes. The sentiment is an Irish one, meaning 'good health' or something like that. I wanted it to say 'Cheers' or similar, and this is what the online translator came up with, so that's what I used!


Added some metallic green brads in the corner, and some emerald organza ribbon behind the image panel. The digi's were coloured with the usual watercolour pencils. No extra layers here, I kept it simple as I am pushed for time this week. Honestly don't know where it goes to - oh, yes I do - I'm always on the compy!! LOL

Speaking of which - I need to scan me in a new image and get it digitised for the shop, so I'll catch ya later peeps!!

Some challenges -
Corrosive - Green
Crafty Emmas - St. Patrick's
Totally Gorjuss - Sketch (rotated)
Simon Says - Anything Goes
Creative Card Crew - NO flowers
Colour Create - Greens, Black, Brown, Cream
MAWTT - Male Card
Paper Play - Green


16 comments:

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie gorgeous card I love the image he is lush & the 3d elements of this looks awesome.
Thanks also for joining us girlies over at CES Challenges, good lcuk hunni.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Happy Days said...

Cracking card hun. Very clever use of Google translator - just hope that it's right LOL!!! Have a great weekend. Claire xx

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
fabulous card, i had forgotten bout this image, fabulous design, thank you for joining us at CES this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

Pami said...

What a fun card Teri! I think the layout is great. Thanks so much for sharing with us at MAWTT this week. Good Luck! Pami x

Lisa Jane said...

This is so much fun - just love that cheeky chappy
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
Lisa ;)

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
fabulous card on the Irish theme. Love the leprechaun and the gaelic sentiment.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Lynda said...

It really is a fun card Teri and that's a very cheeky looking leprechaun. It couldn't get more perfect for St Patricks Day.

Love Lynda xxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a fun image and a great card teri.

greetings karin

Milliesmarvels said...

This is such a lovely card! Thanks for joining us for the CES Challenge!
Jane
x

DesignerDiva said...

What a great card its so cute and the paper you made yourself is awesome! Thanks for joining us this week at MAWTT and good luck
Hugs Laurie x

Imke said...

Beautiful Card. Thanks for playing with us @ The Corrosive Challenge

Regan said...

How fun! I love this! That is the cutest leprechaun! Teri, another fantastic creation! Thanks for playing along @ The Corrosive Challenge! :)

Dawny P said...

Oh what a fabulous card chick - love those colours :) Thank you for joining us this week over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge. Hugs, Dawny xxx

uksharon said...

Fun card
Thanks for joining us at PP this week
Best wishes, Sharon

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great card, love his cheeky little face!

Thanks for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Julie said...

FAb card for ST Ps! What a great design! Thanks for joining us at Colour Create this time around. Juliex