Friday, 25 March 2011

Floral Fantasy

Hiya folks!

Hope all is well with you today? Spring is busy springing in the UK, bit slower up here in NE Scotland though. Due to get cold again for the weekend - lovely! LOL

Still, my card is a bit warmer! Our new theme over at the
Delicious Doodles Challenge is 'Floral Fantasy',
so get all those flowers out peeps!!
We also have a wonderful sponsor in the shape of our own Pascale with her paper sets from
Pascale's Pad. I have used this gorgeous Valentine Rose design on my card, as it ties in fabulously with my
Vase of Roses image.


Now, I had a bit of a 'happy accident' with my colouring on the image. I started of just doing a light colouring as I wanted the sketchiness of the image to show through, but it looked awful when it was dry, so flat and yucky! So I went over it with a bit more colour, and then fiddled some more with trying to get some highlights into it. I thought 'should have just left it as black and white', but after scanning into the compy, tweaking the contrast a bit and printing out, it looks OK after all, kind of vintage watercolour-looking.


Anyroadup, I cut the first layer out with a scalloped circle nestie and inked the edges before placing that on a very pale pink paper from Pascale's Pad. I fussy cut two more layers and then stickled the petals for a bit more definition. This in turn was layered onto the gorgeous Rose paper. I made a flower using my usual punches, curled the petals, inked and stickled them and added a wee gem for its centre. Have also popped thre eyelets in the top left corner to even up the feel of the card.


I hand-tied a large red ribbon bow - the ribbon was recycled from my Christmas Choccie pressie, and the pin was also recycled. Been saving that one for a very long time and could never figure out where to put it until now, but as it has a green head I decided it would fit in here. I also made a dangly charm from bits and pieces I got in jewellery sales.


I think I may just send this one to my Mum for Mothers Day. Think I will make a presentation box to go with it too, maybe even splash out and buy some choccies for her. Won't be much, as it costs a fortune in the post. Wish she was closer - five hundred miles is rather a long trip in the car, especially with three kids!!

Hope you guys can join us at the Delicious Doodles Challenge this week - remember, two chances to win!!
See you there peeps!

Some other challenges I am entering -

OCC - recycle packaging (ribbon used for choccy box wrapper)
Gingerloft - Dies and Punches
Spoon Full of Sugar - Ribbon/Pears/Gems/Flowers
My Time to Craft - Ladies Day
Papertake Weekly - Mum or Girly
Creative Card Crew - No Rubber Stamps
Simon Says Stamp - Mothers Day or Girly
Paper Shelter - Flower Power
Crafts and Me - Anything Goes
4 Crafty Chicks - Eyelets


27 comments:

Happy Days said...

Totally stunning card hun! I don't envy you a trip to see your Mum - 500 miles is some journey!

Have a fab weekend.

Claire xx

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie wow this is sooo soooo beautiful your mum is sure to cherish this the flowers look perfect hun & I'm loving that lush red ribbon. You could maybe sent her a voucher or phone the nearest florist to her & have some flowers delivered. These are the sort of thing I have to look at cus my family live 45o miles away, thats a round trip of 450 tho lol. We do go down sometimes for the day but we end up shattered when we get back & never have enough time to visit everyone & stayin over is near impossible with a disabled daughter so I know what you mean shug.
Hope you have a fab weekend hun & sorry I've babbled on you know me lol.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Sylvia said...

wow Teri, this is so elegant and beautiful. Love the dimension on your card and the hint of glitter :)
Thanks for playing with us at Crafts and Me challenges this week. Hope to see you again next week :)
Sylvia xx

Tamie said...

Did you say you are getting spring??? Oh man I am so envious...LOL. We are still getting snow here in Alberta Canada. Can't wait to spring to arrive. Your card is just stunning and I love the way you did the roses. THe eyelets look wonderful, don't you feel they add a little pop? Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful card with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Lynda said...

A totally beautiful card Teri - those roses are gorgeous and I love the ribbon with the charms and pin. Very pretty!

Love Lynda xxx

EVIL twin said...

Wow, lovely. You say you HAND TIED that bow??? What I wouldn't give for that talent!!! It's perfect!

Thanks for joining Challenge #2 at Amber's Crafts & Stuff.

*!* April *!*

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi teri,
This card os totally gorgeous. Beautiful colours and flowers. Fabulous work.
Hugs,
Fiona x

KarinsArtScrap said...

teri this is gorgeous, what a great coloring and design.
great embelishments too.
very elegant card.

greetings karin

angelwhispers said...

Such a fabulous card Teri and the image is just so perfect!! Chanelle xxx

Leanne said...

Love the color, very nicely done, thanks for playing along with us at 4 Crafty Chicks!

Amber's Crafts and Stuff said...

I love what you did with ribbon and the chains and dangles. I loved reading that you reused/repurposed so much for this card.

Thanks for participating in Challenge # 2 at Amber's Crafts and Stuff! I hope you will join us again next Wednesday for Challenge #3!

~*~Amber~*~
www.amberscraftsandstuff.com

Pascale said...

Hi teri I love love love it hunny it is so beautiful. Good Luck with the travelling xxx Hugs Pascale

Andrea C said...

Very fancy card x

E.T said...

Your mum will love it! It is beautiful! Thanks for playing with us at Gingerloft!

Miria said...

So lovely 3D effect, perfect Mother's Day card. Thank you for joining in Papertake Weekly, Miria GDT

Rebecca Ednie said...

Aren't you glad you saved that ribbon! such a beautiful card! Thanks for playing my challenge at the OCC this week!

Anniebee said...

I think you cut yourself short... this card is gorgeous!!! If it's because of the color adjustments you made, so be it, it's still beautiful. I love happy accidents... don't you? Thanks for playing with us this week at Amber's Crafts and Stuff. I hope you'll join us again very soon.

Anne

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Hello there! I love the texture and dimension in your card...it brings a smile to my face! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Our Creative Corner!

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

card, sweetie and I love the image you have used….. Thanks for joining us at TPS.....

Hugs
Judith

tiggertastic said...

amazing details and i love the backing papers
sarah x

tiggertastic said...

stunning, stunning, stunning x

Lori said...

Very pretty card! I love the elegance of it all. Your eyelets add that little bit of extra pop to the card - thanks for playing with 4 Crafty Chicks this week.

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Stunning, just love it hun!

Thanks for sharing with us at Gingerloft this week, good luck!
Hugs shell xx

Susan's crafty chaos said...

Teri, this is gorgeous, and YAY for being able to tweak things on the pc :D So cute! Thanks for playing along with our No Stamps challenge at Creative Card Crew this week! :D

TaraG said...

WOW! This is gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!
Hugs,t

Cheryl Valadez said...

What a perfect card! Lovely embellishments and so much attention to detail. Just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your lovely creation with us this week at The Paper Shelter ;D Hugz, Cheryl

Lesley said...

Pretty card, love all the flowers! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx