Friday, 25 February 2011

DIY Buttons at Delicious Doodles

Hiya folks!

Heck - Friday already!! I do wish sometimes that these weeks would stop going by so quickly. Might have more time to get things done! LOL.

So here we are on Friday again, and that means a new challenge over at

Hope this one won't be too much for you, but we are 'Making Our Own Buttons' this week!! This was a bit of a reluctant one for me, as I don't like to use buttons on my creations. I don't know why, but I just feel uncomfortable using them, and they never look quite right to me.

But on I plodded. I hope I have got away with it though. I only made one button using gold mirri. I punched out two circles and embossed them in the big shot, punched some tiny holes in the middle, threaded gold ribbon through two of those holes and tied in a bow. Here is the finished button:


And here it is in place on my project:


This project is a bit of a work in progress. All the deets on how I made this and the rest of my project are on my 'not so mainstream' blog HERE. Below is a piccie of the Front Page of the project, which is an A5 sized book I am making in a medieval style:


And just to show that I HAVE used a Delicious Doodles image, here is one of the pages inside the book, featuring my brand new 'Gryphon' image which will be released to the
Delicious Doodles Shop tomorrow (Saturday)


Now I have to figure out what to put on the black pages. . . Ideas anyone?? LOL.

Here is a watermarked version of the Gryphon/Griffin, however you like to spell it. I prefer the old fashioned way better (Gryphon) as that is how we spelled it when I was in Primary School. It was one of our 'houses' which were all Mythical beasties - Pheonix, Unicorn, Wyvern, Pegasus and Gryphon. I'm going to be doodling the rest of these in the future too, so if you like Mythological Creatures, keep your eyes peeled for those!! LOL


Right then. Only a few challenges to enter with this project, so here goes:

Gingerloft - Animals
Digital Tuesday - Use punches
Frosted Designs - Use Metal
(used heat embossing for gold edges)
Paper Crafting Journey - Anything Goes
Party Time Tuesday - Anything Goes

13 comments:

tiggertastic said...

wow wee Teri this is amazing, i love the details and that image is fantastic. I have now purchased some images and papers that you use as you inspire me so much

Sarah x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
Beautifulcolours and a magnificent image. This is awesome. I love it.
Hugs,
Fiona x

KarinsArtScrap said...

like your bookwork teri it is great.
your griffin is great too.

greetings karin

Happy Days said...

Stunning project hun. You definately pulled of the button challenge! I have to say it wasn't one that filled me with inspiration, but once I got started I loved it and am gonna force myself to use more buttons on my work :)xx

paulssandy said...

WOW and WOW. What a fabulous project! Your coloring is perfect. Thank you for joining Digital Tuesday Challenge this week.

Anne said...

Gasp....gasp!! It's absolutely STUNNING Teri!! Oh Wow, I'm soooo inspired!! Fabulous :o) xxx

Allison said...

gorgeous Teri
AllisonX

Diana said...

WOW!!!! This is jaw dropping amazing...I love the cover page, And the page with Gryphon is Amazing...Thank you for playing with us at Frosted Designs.

Stamper Gyrl said...

Hi Teri
Great Book so far!
Thanks for joining Fussy and Fancy friday challenge.
Tracy

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

I can not wait for the unicorn girl...I have a unicorn or 2 tattood on my body...can not wait to see what you came up with!
How about ancient writing on the black pages http://www.google.ca/images?hl=en&q=ancient%20writing&rlz=1W1SUNC_en&wrapid=tlif129872803564911&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=757&bih=465 just a thought...looks great!

Patchi said...

Gorgeous work! Thanks for joining PTT this week and we hope to see you again soon!

Patchi
PTT-DT

Angela said...

This book will be awesome when you have finished!! if judging by the front cover! Thank you for joining the Frosted Designs Metal challenge this week! xx

Crystal aka Caitlynsmommy said...

You totally pulled off buttons! Great job and thanks for playing at Frosted Designs this week!