Friday, 18 February 2011

Blinging It Up at Delicious Doodles

Hiya folks!

What a week! Not only do I have Dno1 home AGAIN with yet another tummy upset, but now I also have DH signed off for a week with a 'frozen shoulder'! Off to the Doc's later with Dno1. Gotta figure out why she keeps getting sickies.

Anyroadup, enough moaning! Time for a new theme at
and this time we are after some
'Glitz, Glam, Shimmer and Bling'
Time to get out the glad rags, so to speak!

But, what with it all happening this week, my mojo kind of deserted me a bit. I did however come up with this:


I used 'Wistful Fairy' for my image, but kept it as it comes without extra colouring. Just added some stickles here and there. Most of the card is digital and the elements come from Just So Scrappy, including the black swirly framey bit. My only 'real' elements are the lacey black trim, and the metallic brads in the corners. Had to go to the local craft shop and buy them on Thursday as I just couldn't find anything to match up with the card as it was. Well, that was my excuse for going anyway! LOL


Even the frame with the pearls on is a fake! Part of the digital element pack. All I did here was pop some more stickles on top. Hope it is glamourous enough, my mind wasn't really 'with it' for this one.

I'm sure you guys can do better. Why don't you join in too this week?
Pop across to the Delicious Doodles Challenge Blog and see what my lovely teamies have for you to oggle at.
You could be the lucky winner of FIVE digi's from the Delicious Doodles Store!

Right then, some challenges:

Sunday Sketch + Stamp - Sketch (loosely followed)
Truly Scrumptious - Swirls and Pearls (they're false ones though)
Totally Papercrafts - Do It With Digi's
4 Crafty Chicks - Angel/Fairy/Butterfly


19 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
I love the purple/green combo. The background desin is fabulous and the image is stunning. Beautiful creation.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Andrea C said...

Fantastic work, gorgeous as usual. I know what you mean my eldest was up vomitting all night long poor wee thing x

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is beautiful again teri.
like your papers and your color purple.

greetings karin

tiggertastic said...

this looks amazing ! i just love the layering of this, i brought some images the other day so might have to try this out

Take Care and i hope you have a lovely weekend

Sarah-Louise x

Lynda said...

To say your mind's not with it you've definitely put a lot of thought into this card - it's gorgeous Teri and I love how the image is floating out of the card - very magical.

Love Lynda cc

Ruthie said...

This is very cool - love the faux pearls

Rx

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh this is just gorgeous, Teri! That image is magical! xxD

Happy Days said...

Stunning - wish my creations looked like this when I have no mojo!! Hope your sicky lot get better soon. x

Allison said...

soo lovely
AllisonX

Poppet said...

beautiful card Teri, love you images whistful look. Hope everyone is feeling better soon and look after yourself too. :-) xx

deesdesigns said...

You card has an almost mystical feel to it - love the green and purple color combination. I'm so glad you were able to join us this week for our Going Round in Circles challenge this week at My Time To Craft! Dee

Lori said...

Teri, this is a very unique card! I love it :) If this is what you create WITHOUT Mojo, I'd love to see what you create WITH it! xoxoxo Thanks for playing with us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week!

Mandy said...

Beautiful card....Love the image and the colour combo is lovely...Thank you for joining in with us at Truly Scrumptious...
Mandy x

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie this looks amazing the image really does pop out I'm not sure where you think your mojo is but its def there. This is fabulous hun. Hope your hubby & daughter get well soon shug.
Also thankyou for joining us girlies over at Crafts & Me, good luck hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

gracielou97 said...

Gorgeous card teri, get well soon!
Hugs
Grace
xx

Marion E. said...

What a great card you made... she really is standing out of the card! Fantastic coloring too!
Thanks for jounng us at Totally Papercrafts Challenge. Hope to see back next week!
Hugs
Marion

angelwhispers said...

Just beautiful teri and love the added glitter and bling!!

The papers are just the perfect combo and complete this beatiful design!!


Hope you are having a great weekend Chanelle xxx

Tamie said...

Teri this image of yours is stunning! She would be beautiful colored too but I love that you didn't! Everything about your card is elegant and perfect. Thank you so much for sharing this amazing creation with us at 4 Craft Chicks this week.

Leanne said...

She is super wonderful Teri, I love the colors and the stamped image is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week!