Monday, 10 January 2011

Roll On Spring. . .

Hiya folks!

Hope I find you all after the weekend? I'm hoping to pop into town today to get some craft shopping in, as long as it doesn't snow again. Trying to melt just now, but more slushy stuff forecast for later.

I wanted to pop by and post my card made with my new image released to the Delicious Doodles Shop on Saturday, 'Snowdrops'. I am hoping we get a good Spring this year, so late last year, but the apples loved it. I always get a fantastic show of snowdrops in my garden, took a photo of some of the clumps last spring, and thought it was about time I got round to drawing one of them, this is the result:


Managed to make a card with the image, which I coloured with the usual watercolour pencils, scanned and duplicated for the layers.


My dp's are all various digital ones, apart from the script. I made that myself using a lovely poem I googled which you can find HERE. The author is a lady by the name of Angela Yardy.


Used up some ribbon and lace from the stash, on top of another dp that was trimmed with an MS punch. Last thing was the addition of some pearls in the corners. Just lifts it a bit I think.

Hope you like it. I am currently working on a 'dark' project for my other blog, Delicious Darkness, which is there specifically for my more gothic/alternative stuff. Thought I should keep them seperate from my more mainstream stuff!! LOL. I will post that later in the week, as long as I get it finished by then!!

OK, need to dry the hair now and get myself ready for my shopping spree. See ya later folks!

Some challenges I am entering:
Stamp Something - Digi Day
SCSC - Texture
CYDA - Anything Goes
Daring Cardmakers - Snowdrops


18 comments:

Kathy said...

Lovely card Teri
Thanks for joining in with The Daring Cardmakers' January Flowers challenge

Happy Days said...

Wow lady this card is stunning. Nice reminder that spring is around the corner!

Have fun shopping. x

Lynda said...

Wow Teri what a gorgeous image you've created and your card is stunning! Thanks for joining in with us at Daring Cardmakers.

Love Lynda xxx

angelwhispers said...

Just love your sample card it's stunning and so life like! Chanelle xxxx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
Gorgeous card. The snowdrops are fabulous. I love the colours and the lace ribbon is magnificent.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Lythan said...

I love your snowdrops drawing Teri and making your own script background is inspired. Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers this week

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful flower and card.
lovely color too.

greetings karin

jackiescrafts said...

What a lovely card I love snowdrops they are a real herald of Spring
Thanks for joining in at CYDA this time

Jackie x

Dazie said...

Snowdrops are so pretty and you have made such a beautiful card with this image of them!

Thanks for joining us over at craft your days away this fortnight!
Dazie
x

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Beautiful card

Thanks for joining us on Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge :)

Hugs Jane x
SCSC DT

Lindsey said...

Gorgeous card! I love all the dimension. Thanks for joining us at Fab and Funky this week x

Curlybear said...

Wow fabulous decoupage, and all made from a digi image brilliant,

Thank you for joining us at this weeks SCSC challenge : Tons of Texture
Good luck,

Hugs Bridget, SCSC DT

Traceyr said...

What a very spring like card love the snowdrops :)

mulberry station said...

Teri, I love yur new image. I loce crocus....this just makes me wish it was spring too!
Hope all is well.
Hugs, Nancy

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the green/white theme and your snowdrops really POP!
You are amazing girl ... don't know how you keep up with all your blogs!! I get confused with my DTs let along multiple blogs! Keep up the awesome work!! You are truly talented!

Ellie said...

So so beautiful! Love those flowers, snowdrops are my favorite flowers ever because they bring back childhood memories!

Thank you so much for sharing this gorgeous card with us at stamp something!

Carol Ann said...

Awww love this, always makes me smile when I see the snowdrops appear in the garden. Thanks for playing along at CYDA this time.
Carol Ann xx

Helen said...

Gorgeous card!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x