Friday, 7 January 2011

Delicious Doodles Challenge #7 - NEW

Hiya folks!

Hope I find you all well today? A cold start to the day here in NE Scotland, minus 3 degrees when setting the kids off to school this morning, bbbrrrrrrr. . .

Today sees the first Challenge of 2011 over at The Delicious Doodles Challenge Blog, and this week we want to see all your NEW stuff. I'm sure many of you had some yummy crafting stash for Xmas - you could break that out - or you could use a new technique, whatever!!
 
I spotted a new folding technique (well, new to me!) on THIS BLOG which I wanted to try out, and this is the result:
 

I am also using one of the new images from the Delicious Doodles Shop, Dark Valentine
 
 
Just had to go Gothic with this one! I got out my fleur-de-lys dies and the Iron Railings MS punch set and went to town!! I wanted to make it kind of romantic as it is supposed to be an 'alternative' Valentine's Day image, but didn't want to go with red. Guess what?? Yep, I used purple instead, teamed with black and silver. Yummy!
(If you want to see more photos of this project, why not pop across to my new blog dedicated to my 'Dark Side', mwuhahaha!)
 
I made the card into an easel card, punching the corners and the silver mirri with the Iron Railings set. My base card is a lovely purple core-dinations card with a paler purple middle when scratched. The patterned papers are from Susan at Crafty Chaos Designs, which I layered onto silver mirri. I attached some little silver metal 'brad heads' to it for some bling. The skull and heart image will be available soon in the Delicious Doodles Shop.
 
 
The main image is coloured with watercolour pencils, then scanned and printed for the layers which I decoupaged. The silver metallic ribbon is one from a local supermaket, and comes with those little beads attached. It's actually a Christmas ribbon and has snowflakes on it too, but I cut those off. Last bit of bling here are the large black gems.
 
I made the folded card technique bit into a matching gift envelope using black and purple core-dinations for the base card. I used that Iron Railings set round the edges, and my fleur-de-lys dies for the silver mirri shapes that I decorated it with. Some of them had to be cut in half for the triangle decs, which also needed a wee trim to get rid of the sticky-outy bits left after cutting in half.
 
 
I popped some large metal brads here and there too for some extra blingy touches. The wrap at the front is made using the same card and a dp from the same set at Crafty Chaos, topped with a black RAK from a DT buddy (Thanks hun!) and some more of those fake brad heads, with purple and black organza ribbon to tie with.
 
Phew! What a long post! But then, this project did take days and days to knock up! All those dies to cut and trim, loads of fiddliness!! Hope it was worth the effort? Just wish I could sell it now. Could do with selling some of my cards. I seem to be getting quite a huge pile under my board. I gave up selling on Ebay a while ago as their overheads became too large and it wasn't worth continuing to sell them there.
 
Anyroadup - hope you can join in with us at The Delicious Doodles Challenge Blog this week. We'd love to see you there folks!
 
Some challenges I am entering with this card:
Fussy + Fancy Friday - Card + matching gift (envie)
Fab n Funky - Anything Goes
MAWTT - Old and New stuff (old stash, new image + technique)
Cute Card Thursday - Old Stash
Paper Cutz - Metal

22 comments:

Vicky said...

Well hello miss talented this is stunning....thats a bit of a pap word compared to your card tho TBH its magnificent hun. I love this image I've still not had chance use mine but I will!! Thanks for the heads up on the tute I'm def gonna have a go at this one....hope it turns out as good as yours. If you hear screams from the Northumberland coast you know its me getting stressed pmsl.


Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This is totally awesome. I love the punched edges and the folding is magnificent.
Hugs,
Fiona x

angelwhispers said...

Wow Teri this is awesome!!!!

The image is gorgeous anyway and teamed with this design is simply Stunning!!! Love all the detail especially the fence punch just beautiful.

Love Chanelle xxxx

Allison said...

wow wow wow and did I say WOW
AllisonX

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is gorgeous teri, what a great project you made.
great coloring and color.

greetings karin

Maria (inkymits) said...

This is fantastic Teri!
Have you thought about talking nicely to the local post office,florist,newsagents etc about selling your cards for you???

Hazel (Didos) said...

OMG this is amazing Teri, I love the colours (Well you know me Purple is the bees knees!!) Thats brilliant folds. Hope you are having a great 2011 so far. Thanks for playing along on MAWTT Hazelxoxox

Pami said...

Wow this is amazing! Not seen anything quite like this before! Love the purple. Thanks so much for sharing with us at MAWTT this week. Pami x

Happy Days said...

Not sure what I can add to the words already used for this card! Breathtaking card - why not put it for sale on your blog (won't cost you anything and presumably the peeps that follow you love your work??).

Thanks for the link, will have to give this a go at some point. x

Suzanne said...

Such a gorgeous creation, Terri. Thansk for sharing with us at Fab n Funky x

Priscilla said...

Wowza Teri!!You never stop amazing me. What a beautiful card. Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us. I want to wish you and your family a Happy New Year. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at the Midnight Madness sketch challenges.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

cg said...

Every piece of this is noteworthy, honestly!
Thank you so much for sharing the link to the folding tutorial...I hadn't seen that bog before and it's great! I'm definitely going to have to try this fold.

Ruthie said...

Teri this is just fabby - love the colours, the punching...oh just everything!

Rx

Jen Leeflang said...

Terri - your card is totally awesome, from the colours, to the colouring, to the folds and the punches - AWESOME! Thanks for joining us on the MMSC!
Love
JenLee
MMSC DT

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Happy New Year Teri!

WOW! LOVE IT! Where to begin? Ok, the silver/purple colorcombo - absolutely amazing!. THe borderpunch - so very graveyard looking - so perfect for the gothic style and supercool in silver!
You know I love it when you go dark ;o) I have to check out our new blog. And that foldingtechnique looks great! I am going to brag about this card on Facebook - ok?

Thank you for sharing with us at Midnight Madness. I wish you the best for 2011 and hope you will play with us again next week!

Hugs
Gunn
Midnight Madness Design Team

Sassylassy said...

OMGosh what an absolutely AMAZING card. I could just stare at it all day. I am so taken with this goddess image and the black and purple paper. Super job on your new folding technique. Looks to me as if your an old pro at it!!! Thank you for joining us for this weeks sketch challange at Midnight Madness.
Hugs Bonnie
MMSC-DT

Mary Ski said...

How different - and so much detail. Thanks for sharing it with Paper Cutz challenge

Michelle said...

Totally stunning Teri and that fold is fabulous. Hope you had a good Christmas and here's wishing you a wonderful new year
x Michelle

Valerie said...

This is such a wonderful card! I just love the folding technique you have done. Your ability to perfectly blend the purples truely captured the gothic style. Thank you for joining us at Midnight Madness. Valerie PSDT

Darsie Bruno said...

WOW, Teri! That card is a stunner! Love, love, love the fold technique and will definitely be trying that! Fabulous image as well, but you can never do a "bad" image! Excellent, girl! Thanks so much for playing with us with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge and I hope you'll come back next week so we can see your creation!
Hugs, Darsie
MMSC DT

Anne said...

Oh my goodness!!!!! What an amazing project, never seen this fold before and what a fabulous image setting the tone for the whole project.

Thank you for taking the Top Tip Tuesday Challenge, hope you’ll join us again today!
Hugs
Anne

anne said...

wow.. fabulous.. love the new folding technique and the added touch you gave it with an easel card.. clever .. i might give this a try too.. thanks for sharing..
Love the colors as well..
-anne-