Saturday, 15 January 2011

All White Mate??

Hiya folks!

Hope you are all well today? Kids are all moaning about belly aches, leg aches, headaches, so I guess the colds and such are all about to hit (been back to school for a week, so about that time) Better get stocked up with pills and remedy's. . .

This fortnight's theme over at Sweet Pea Stampers is 'All White' except for the image. I find these rather difficult to do, as I don't have a lot of white dp's or cardstock in white. I did manage to find a cardstock that has a 'cracked ice' texture, so I used this for the base card. The image is one of Ching Chou-Kuiks downloads from the freebie colouring pages on her website. I kept the colours to a bare minimum using my watercolour pencils.


The flower I made with punches and scraps from my bits box, with a glitter brad for the centre, and some stickle dots on the petals. I put stickles round the image too for some extra bling. Managed to find some wide white ribbon that had been recycled from somewhere, and put some white lace trim over the top of that. Last touch was a white feather, organza bow and some pearls.

I think it turned out OK, what do you think?

Challenges:
Digital Tuesday - All White except image
Crafty Anns - New (glitter brad and pearls) and Old (stash)
CES - No dp's
Hodge Podge Shop - White on White


22 comments:

Happy Days said...

I love it Teri! Thanks for the link hun it will be really useful. x

angelwhispers said...

Beautiful just love the white theme not something I've ever done so may have to have a go!!

Hope everyone is well soon!! Love Chanelle xxx

Andrea said...

Your card is stunning. You have coloured the image beautifully, and I love all you detail.
Love, Andrea xx

Ann Whitfield said...

This is gorgeous Teri - I think you've really nailed the white on white. I've always shied away from this too and made my first one for our challenge at Crafty Ann's. Great minds think alike! Thank you for joining us.
Ann x

Vicky said...

This is gorgeous hun I absolutely love seeing all white cards I just struggle to make them lol. Altho I've managed 1 for your fabby challenge over at sweet pea. Love this image I found the page the other day & was sooo excited....I know I'm quite sad....simple things excites me....even my hubby lmao...just joking of course lol. Hope your kids are ok & hope they dont get too ill.


Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

your cards are looking great again teri.
specially this one, this is gorgeous.

greetings karin

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
Wow what a gorgeous card. I love the clean lines and the gorgeous image. Fabulous flowers. This is a classic.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

very elegant!!!

Emma said...

Wow such a beautiful card Teri... just stunning.
Thank you for joining us at CES Challenges & good luck.
Hugs Emma x

Lynda said...

It's wonderful Teri - love the delicate colouring on the image too.

Love Lynda xxx

Shelley said...

That is gorgeous. I love how you colored the image. Thanks for playing the Hodge Podge Shop. Shelley

mulberry station said...

Hi Teri, I love the all white mat. I have been seeing a few of them this week and the are all so stunning! I love how you colored your image too..Very suttle, but elegant!
Nancy

mckinkle said...

Beautiful card Teri its so very elegant!

I cant do white on white to save my life!! lol!

Keryn x

iReneM said...

Ooooh this is stunning. I too love white on white and this is fab.
Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's

x

Debbie said...

Oh I am off to take a look at the link - thank you so much for that. Your card is stunning and so subtle and elegant.

crafty amy said...

Hiya Teri,
It has been way too long yet again since I have been here! This is stunning I LOVE the way you have kept the colouring even on the image to a minimum. I hope you avoid the colds good luck :D
Thank you for joining us at Crafty Emmas Store and good luck.

Hugs

Amy xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

OK, OK, you must be joking, it is GORGEOUS. I love the minimum colour and all those details are just lovely. Must look up my feathers, love it used here. Marianne x

Poppet said...

Beautifully sophisticated, gorgeous card Teri. :-) xx

kaos said...

Such a gorgeous creation - and lovely details!!
I think all white cards are among the hardest to do - but you worked it beautifully!

hugs
kaos

Claire said...

Wow, gorgeous card Teri, love all the texture with the delicate colours on the image!!
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ann's and good luck
Claire xx

Ms. Jen said...

So elegant! Thanks for joining us at the Hodge Podge Shop!

kaylou said...

wow this is gorgeous, thank you for joining our challenge at CES.
Hugs kaylou xxx