Wednesday, 1 December 2010

A Snowy Scene

As if we needed any more folks! LOL

Hope you are all safe and well today peeps. Brrrrrrrr -20 in the Highlands last night!! Not quite the record here in the UK, but not far off!! So blooming chilly this morning my breath froze to my hair!!

I'm blooming knackered today. Our school opened after two days being closed because of snow, so walked there. Then I went up the road to get some nuts and fat balls for the birds, and a spare shovel as hubby stole mine for the van in case he gets stuck going to work! That was a struggle - no grit on the path at all, so there I was a slippin' and a slidin'. Great fun coming back with me hands full. . .

So, I got home and dug out the car from under the ice and snow, plus some extra to get it in and out of the parking space, oh, and some path too for the kids to get to the door. Then I got the car started (phew, no flat battery!) and attempted to defrost the poor thing. Still got ice on the roof, but the screen is clear at least! Trouble was, the darned thing was frozen to the road!! Took some rocking to free up those tyres!! (no I didn't push it! LOL)

Anyways, got me a card to show you today (at last!) I've gone all vintage with this one, at least I hope it looks vintage! I have just released some new images to the Delicious Doodles Shop, including the one I used here, 'Snowy Postbox'.


It's a sketched image of a snowy village scene - I based the house on ours here in Scotland, but it could be anywhere in the UK. Don't worry you guys in the USA - I have plans to do an American scene too - just need to get on with it! So, here is the card:


I have used some damask style digi paper that I got somewhere but can't remember (useful huh?) To the left is some ribbon with gold banding on, and some lace trim that I splodged brown and gold ink onto, plus a bit more of that yummy ribbon I picked up in Lidl the other week. Thing is, it's all a bit buried under the sentiment and the Snowflake flowers, which are by the way made with various dies and brads for the centres. I have also added stickles to the image on the snowy bits, and round the sentiment border.


Righty then. Need to sort some food for the birdies and defrost their water bath too. Plus I need to get rid of some rather big icicles that are stuck to the guttering out the back. Don't want those landing on me 'ed when I go to the bins!! Stay warm folks!

Some challenges I am entering this card into:
Sketch Saturday - Sketch
Allsorts - Monochrome
(ribbons and lace)
Crafty Emmas - Vintage Christmas
(to the left of the image!)
Wild Orchid - Old Fashioned Christmas
Stamps R Us - Holiday Cards
Paper Playtime - Inspired by Christmas Carol
(White Christmas)
My Time to Craft - Vintage Style

27 comments:

joey said...

Oh Teri BRRRR! and I thought it was cold here. Your village scene is stunning!!! Joey.x

TannyP said...

Just beautiful, Teri! Keep warm - I hope your nasty snow is as gorgeous to look at as your image!

Happy Days said...

Gorgeous card. I'm using this image this week and have to say that it is another stunner to work with!

Stay warm and safe. Claire x

deesdesigns said...

This is just lovely - I really like the mixture of the warm tones with the cooler tones.

I'm so glad you could join us this week at My Time To Craft.

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This card is stunning. I love that image and the way you have used it. The colours and embellishments are gorgeous. Really beautiful card.
The snow is getting a bit past a joke now.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Poppet said...

A beautiful image Teri and I love the colours you have used for the rest of the card. Love the snowflakes. :-) xx

angelwhispers said...

Love the card Teri the digi is awesome thing I will have to have some of your beautiful designs!!!!

Sounds like you had fun this morning!! Hope the birds appreciated all your hard work (sliping & sliding) Love Chanelle xx

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
wow i luv this image, its beautiful, your card with it is awesome stunning creation. lovely piccies of the snow, it has missed us, we havent got any!! Keep warm, sue,x

KarinsArtScrap said...

well teri hopefully it stay's there
I don't like the cold.
but your card is stunning beautiful.

greetings karin

Alissa said...

This card is absolutely stunning! Love all that attention to detail! Thanks for joining us at Stamps R Us!

Nisson Family said...

I love this image. Such a classic White Christmas image. Beautiful. Thanks so much for participating in the Paper Playtime Challenge.

Pam
simply-pam.blogspot.com

mulberry station said...

This is absolutely goregous Teri!

kaos said...

I know how you feel - it's freezing here in Germany as well - not quite as cold, but still cold enough and snow without end *brrr*

Lovely scene and a gorgeous card!!!

hugs
kaos

Leonie said...

Beautiful card, love the snow!
Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week!

Leonie xx

Doreen said...

A stunning card Teri,lovely texture.Thanks for sharing with us at CYDA this week.xxx

Emma said...

Such a beautiful card Teri.
Thanks for joining us at CES Challenges & good luck.
Hugs Emma x

coldwaters2 said...

OMG Teri this is wonderful the most beautiful of scenes and with your design it looks excellent so much so I just bought the image, lol.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Julie said...

This is fab Teri - so perfectly vintage with your pencil image and gorgeous embellies! Thanks for joining in our challenge at CES this week. Juliexx

crafty amy said...

Wow hun this is stunning!! I love that unknown Damask paper and the image looks incredible.
Sounds like you did a lot to get going I am so glad it is not that bad here.
Thank you for joining us at CES and good luck.

Hugs

Amy xx

kaylou said...

absolutley gorgeous, thanks for joining our vintage challenge at CES.
Hugs Kaylou xoxo

debby4000 said...

Wonderful card and beautiful image.
luv
Debby

Mummylade said...

wow, this is just stunning! I'm so glad you are entering the Allsorts challenge this week and good luck!

Vicky said...

Hi hunni hope you are ok & keeping warm. Loving this card that image is soooo beautiful I love it!!!
Thank you for joining us at CES Challenges this week, good luck.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xx

scotspanda said...

wow this is gorgeous!! looks just like the scene from my window minus the postbox lol Its certainly cold n white here in the highands bbrr

thanks so much for joining in with my monochrome challenge this week @ Allsorts :o)

hugs

Amanda xx

Dena said...

Wowie! Gorgeous! That image is so awesome. Love, love it!
Thank you for joining the Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge!
Hugs, Dena

Lesley said...

Beautiful card, I love that image! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

Elizabeth (Beth) Moore said...

This is a gorgeous project using Kraft cardstock. Please consider entering it at the Kraft Holiday Challenge for a chance to win prizes! http://thekraftjournal.blogspot.com/2010/11/kraft-journal-holiday-challenge.html