Tuesday, 28 December 2010

A New Year Card

Hiya folks!

Hope you all had a fabulous Christmas with loads of yummy goodies? We had a quiet family weekend, with the kids playing their new Wii (they're still on it today!), so not much telly for me I'm sad to say (I hate games!)

I am turning my attentions now to the New Year (roll on Spring!) planning new things for the garden. Nothing exciting though - just going to try out growing more veg and fruit and less flowers. Can't do much other than planning right now - ground too frozen for the next couple of months, but I can go and clear out the stuff I don't want any more, and make some cold-frames etc.

Speaking of the New Year, I have put a little FREEBIE sentiment on the Delicious Doodles Blog page, so if you want it folks, head over and snag it!


This is a card I made using the said FREEBIE, coloured with graphite pencil, along with my Magherita image coloured with watercolour pencils. The background is a clock image I had from last year that I fiddled with and tinted out to make it look faded.


I made a black and white backing paper using some photoshop brushes and put that behind the Magherita image, along with some silver mirri, then added a bit of curling ribbon behind the sentiment for a wee bit of extra bling. Nice, quick and easy!

Hope you all have a great New Year folks, with all the health, wealth and happiness you could wish for!
Hugs,
Teri xx


Some challenges for this card:
Sweet Stampin' - Celebrations
Paper Playtime - New Year
C.R.A.F.T. - New Year/Beginnings


22 comments:

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie hope you had a fabby crimbo with your family. I love this card the image is fab & I absolutely luuurrrvvvve the background & what you have done with it....it looks awesome!!!

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Maria (inkymits) said...

Fantastic card Teri,how have i missed the Margarita glass! i must grab it in a minute. xx

Lesley said...

Great card, that drink looks lovely! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

mckinkle said...

Happy New Year Teri, this is a beautiful NY card and the clock in the background is stunning! Hopefully something like that might appear in your shop next year?! Its very TH-esque!!
Your plans for your fruit and veg really inspire me and I'm sure you'll get some free time what with them all being entertained on the Wii!! That was a good buy!!
Keryn x

coldwaters2 said...

Gorgeous card Teri love the shading of that drink I could do with one of them right now, lol, the sentiment is great thank you so much for joining us at Digital Tuesday this week.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Happy Days said...

Fab card hun. Love that image - will definately have too do something with it. x

Saskia said...

Yummy card Teri!!

I wish you lots of creativity and friendschip for the New Year 2011!!

Saskia :)

KarinsArtScrap said...

lovely card teri, like the clock on the card too.

greetings karin

mum of two said...

What a great card! I love the image you chose, and the colors are wonderful. Thanks for playing with us over at Paper Playtime this week. Hope to see you again in the New Year :)

michelle

Trimgym said...

Great New Year project , thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck! Don't forget to check back with us again on Thursday for our new challenge and to check if you have won.

Jo and Tigerlover.

Janis said...

Thanks for playing in paper with us this week at Paper Playtime! :) Janis

Gemma said...

a lovely new year creation! thanks for joining in this week at CRAFT! Gemma :)

Ellie said...

What a great card! Awesome image and fun sketch too.
Thanks so much for playing the digital tuesday challenge!

patriziawithaz said...

A super New Year Card Teri. Cheers ! and thanks for sharing it with us at MTTCC this week x

Grenouille Greetings said...

A fabulous card to celebrate the New Year, Teri, and thank you not only for joining in with Sweet Stampin for our Christmas fortnight challenge but also for the freebie! Warmest wishes, Lesley

mulberry station said...

Hi Teri, I love yhour card and I have somthing for you on my blog. Happy New Year!!
Hugs, Nancy

Charlotte said...

Great card. I love the background and the coloring you did with the watercolor pencils.

kaos said...

Happy New Year, hun!
A great card! so tasty *lol*

hugs
kaos

Bonibleaux Designs said...

Save me a glass!! I'm on my way! Happy New Year!! Looks delish from here!

Anne-Marije said...

What a nice card!
Thanks for joining us at the Digital Tuesday Challenge...
xxx Anne-Marije

marilyn scott said...

That is a very cute card, the layout and designs are superb. What a nice new year wishes it can be! Love it.

xoxox Marilyn @
http://easyday.snydle.com/new-year-wishes.html

Sandra Cooper said...

Lovely and beautiful card! My best new year greetings to you and your family this coming 2014.

Happy new Year!
Sandra Cooper xxxx
Eazyday.blog.com