Friday, 24 December 2010

A Big Purple Thank You

Hiya folks!

Merry Christmas everyone! Tomorrow is the 'Big Day' - my kids are so excited and hyper at the moment. Not much chance of getting them to sleep very early tonight. . .

Today sees the start of
Challenge #6 at The Delicious Doodles Challenge Blog,
and this time we want to see 'Purple' on everyone's creations.
Purple is my most fav colour, so this was a breeze for me!
I thought I would use my 'Thank You' FREEBIE sentiment which you can snag from the Delicious Doodles Blog.


I printed it 3 times onto card, once in purple, then twice in B+W so that I could colour the flower and ecoupage it. I added some Art Deco corners to the purple print-out and used that as one layer which I stuck to some yummy purple cardstock.


I used the same card for the lacey border bit, along with a lighter pinky-purple card, inked the edges and popped some purple ribbon round it too. Then I tied a bow with the same ribbon, and threaded a little flower charm through the bow. Last thing was to add some wee gems to the lacey border.

So there you have it folks. A nice and easy challenge to see us through to the New Year. Next challenge will be up on 7th January, so there are two weeks to get your entries in at the Delicious Doodles Challenge Blog for your chance to win some digi-images from the Delicious Doodles Shop

Here's wishing you all Happy Holidays!

Love and hugs,
Teri xxx

A few challenges I am entering this card into:
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
MAWTT - Anything Goes
Winter Wonderland - Thank You

11 comments:

Dragonlady said...

Hi Teri

Wonderful card, thank you for all your wonderful inspiration and comments over the last year.

I hope you and your family have a fantastic Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year.

Love from Ali x

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful card teri.

greetings karin

Happy Days said...

Beautiful card. Have fab Christmas hun, hope santa brings you everything you could wish for. Claire x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Just gorgeous, I love the 3d element to it, looks fab!

Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT, good luck! Hugs Shell xx

Sally H said...

Gorgeous! I hope you have a fantastic Christmas, Teri.

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
Gorgeous purples on this fabulous card.
A very Merry Christma sto you and your family.
Hugs,
Fiona x

mulberry station said...

Hi Teri, just wanted to stop by ans wish you a very Merry Christmas! Yu card is beautiful!
Nancy

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hi Teri, WOW this is stunning. Thanks for entering on MAWTT Hazelxox
P. S Hope you have a wonderful Christmas day xxx

True :) said...

Beautiful Thank You card! Love that you added a charm!
Thanks so much for joining us this week @ Paper Take Weekly!
I am now one of your followers.  ;)  I would love it if you came to visit my blog and become a follower too!
Hugs,
True :D

downrightcrafty said...

wow so stylish, classy and elegant and love the decoupage and a great thank you card = thank you for sharing with us at Winter Wonderland
Wishes for the New Year
Hugs Kate xx

Anne said...

What a gorgeous Thak You card! Phindys Place has a Thank You challenge running too at the moment, do please pop by and enter:)
Happy New Year
Anne
x