Friday, 3 December 2010

Another Bah-Humbug Christmas Card

Hiya folks!

Bit late on parade today, had to battle the elements to get DS to the dentist and get his tooth fixed. Blooming thing broke the other day and an absess came up too, so he's on antibiotics for 5 days now. Good job it's only his first set still, the big one is beginning to show above it, so hopefully the plug she put in will last until the new one comes down.

Right - to business then! My card today is a bit dark, and showcases one of my new designs, The Bah-Humbug Tree, available now in the Delicious Doodles Shop. It is also my DT piece for the new Delicious Doodles Challenge #3 which this week is super easy - 'Use a Digi'.


This card took me three days to make! Man did I ever fuss and flap over the dp's and ribbons and frew-frew bits!! Must have changed everything at least twice! But I settled with this lot in the end. The card base is regular black cardstock, smeared with silver rub-on. The first dp is a lovely damask one that I have stored on the compy. I think it came from MyGrafico, but don't quote me on it! LOL. I printed this in black with a dark grey backing, looks kind of purple in the photo though.


Next dp is a text one from an artylicious cd, again printed in black. Last dp is my own snowflake one which I printed as a negative version of the black. For the frew-frew bit across the middle I used some pearlescent black and some holographic silver card, punched with a new MS extra-deep border punch. On top of that I put some fake flock paper, some black trim and a wee thin black and silver ribbon.


At the top is a shapabilities die, the fleur-de-lys cut from the same silver card, which I also used to make the snowflake flowers along with the black pearlescent card too. These were topped off with a tiny snowflake punch and black gems.

My image is coloured with a mix of watercolour pencils, and a regular 6B pencil for the tree itself, with a wee drop of red dimension paint for the Raven's eye.

So there you have it peeps!
Hope you can join us this week at
You could be the lucky winner FIVE digi's from
if you play along - see you there folks!


Some challenges I am also entering this card into:
Macabre Mondays - Paper Pandemonium
Midnight Madness - Sketch MMSC82
(3xdp, 3x flowers, 3x gems)
Tip Top Tuesday - Anything Goes
Paper Cutz - " x dp's, any colours
Totally PaperCrafts - Xmas Punches
(snowflakes)

21 comments:

~*Joni said...

WOW Teri! This card is amazing! I can see all the wonderful depth and layering, that paired with the image is so great. Great job on all the challenges! Thank you for joining us at Raise The Bar this week with our Trees challenge. :)
~*Joni RTB DT

Happy Days said...

Awesome card, well worth all the effort. x

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie hope your son is ok after his trip to d-d-d-d-d-entist, soz hun lol huge phobia!! Anyway onto this gorgeous fabulous card its absolutely awesome I love the depth of it, the layers & of course the fab image...its lush.

Can you tell I like it.....well I do!!!

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Vicky said...

P.S. I like it loads & loads & lots pmsl.

xxx

angelwhispers said...

Wow what a different design!!! Just love it and the papers and embellies just perfect!! Hope the little one is ok nothing worse!!!! Have a great weekend Love Chanelle xxx

shelly said...

holy smokes this is awesome! thanks for playing along at papercutz.

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
What an amazing card. There is obviously a lot of work in this card. Fabulous crafting.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Saskia said...

Wow! Wow! Great card Teri!

Enjoy the weekend!! I'm staying at home... too cold to get out!!! :)

Sweet greetings, Saskia :)

Julia Moss said...

Wow, that is truly a bah humbug tree....you've certainly captured what you were after. I love it! Thanks for playing along at Paper Cutz.

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Great Christmas card, love the punches you have used, thanks for joining in our challenge over at TPC this week, best of luck! Heidi x

Renlymat's World of Family & Crafts said...

It was worth the effort. This is one awesome card! So unique!

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Hi Teri!
You know I LOVE it when you play with your darker side! You make the coolest sculls ever! I LOVE this christmastree! It is biszarre - it is sooo wrong - and it makes me laugh out loud! Look at all those happy sculls hanging there waiting for the holidays *LOL*
Thank you so much for joining in on our challenge. We really appriciate your support and hope to see you again next week.

Mvh
Gunn
Midnight Madness Design Team

tiggertastic said...

this is so different, really like the style of this card, fab colours and love the image

Sarah-Louise xx

Maggie's Crafts said...

Lovely card! Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday @ http://toptiptuesday.blogspot.com/ Please come back on Tuesday for another brilliant tip! :)

Maggie

xx

Susan's crafty chaos said...

This is absolutely stunning! I love all the patterns and damask and frou-frou bits done in black, it totally rocks!
Thanks for playing along with our Paper Pandemonium challenge at HDH :D

Anita Hovey said...

Ok...I just wanna know...who's gonna have a Christmas Tree like THAT LOL Such a unique and fun image. Thanks for playing along at Raise the Bar this week.

Carol said...

Teri you card reminds me of "The Nightmare Before Christmas". There is a big following of people who collect the characters from that movie. I tried to get the black crooked Christmas tree a few years back and the "Nightmare" people got to it before me!!! lol Your card is just fabulous, unique and interesting. Great job with the sketch. Thank you so much for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Priscilla said...

Ohhh Terri..leave it to you to mix things up..I love it!! What a beautiful card. Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us. I want to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Thanks so much for joining in the fun this week at the Midnight Madness sketch challenges.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

marsha said...

Teri, you certainly have crossed over the the bah humbug side! How creative you are and what a unique twist to the traditional Christmas. Thanks for joining us for this week's Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge and we hope you will join us for our first challenge of the New Year!
Hugs,
Marsha
MMSC-DT

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Happy New Year Teri!

Congratulations on winning our Remarkable award!
I am creating a gallery on Facebook with all of our Remarkable award winners and was wondering if you would let me put your card up there. Please?

Mvh
Gunn
MMSCDT
e-mail: gunn@k1-a.net

marsha said...

Teri,
Truly, truly a worthy "remarkables"! Congrats on your win!
Hugs,
Marsha
MMSC-DT