Thursday, 11 November 2010

Warmest Wishes With Frosty

Hiya folks!

Well, don't know what happened to the storm last night, but I never heard it if it happened at all !! Sun is blazing this morning as I type but it was really cold last night, 1 degree c as I went to bed (that's 32 degrees f for those who speak old english! LOL)

Speaking of cold (tenuous link here) I have a card today that I made with Frosty the Snowman. You can get him HERE in the Delicious Doodles Shop. He was coloured with my usual watercolour pencils and scanned to the compy so I could print out several times and layer up with foam pads. (Tip Top Tuesday Tip). I have also popped some glittery dots for snow and highlights with pale blue stickles.


Went to the local craft shop the other day and bought some new Marianne die shapes of snowflakes, so I wanted to use these. I bought two sets, and intend on mixing and matching them. I used glitter card for the snowflake here, with some gems on and some inky points, and a big snowflake shaped gem that I have had in the stash for a couple of years!! Still have loads left - you may see more of these! LOL


My backing papers are my own design and feature a snowflake image I drew last year. Note to self - put in the shop!!! I made the border bit with an MS punch and inky edges with a blue ribbon from the stash. Had this one for a couple of years too! Bought a whole reel when I was selling on ebay (have several reels of diff colours) and as I don't sell there anymore I have tonnes of ribbon left over!!

Right, really must get on - have a Christmas Shopping night to prep for tonight. Be glad when it's all over then I can get back to some kind of normality and concentrate on the new Challenge Blog. Heck - that starts a week tomorrow, and I haven't made a thing for it yet!!! Better get me skates on as I am the boss. Doesn't set a good example when the boss puts her stuff in last minute!!! See ya later peeps!!

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Spoon Full of Sugar - Snow and Snowflakes
Tip Top Tuesday - Use an image + tip
(scan coloured images for decoupage layers)
Digital Tuesday - Use old stash
ABC - H for Holidays
Crafts and Me - Glitter
Cute Card Thursday - Anything Goes

25 comments:

Allison said...

gorgeous card Teri and hurry up and get that paper into circulation
AllisonX

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a cute image and a lovely card teri.

greetings karin

Pascale said...

Great card Boss he is adorable and great stunning papers. Get those skates on quick...!!! Hugs Pascale

Happy Days said...

Gorgeous card hun. Love that paper. I've not made anything for next week yet either, but am just about to start..... NOW :) x

Saskia said...

Hello Teri!

Oooh, I love this cute snowman!!! Beautiful card!

Sweet greetings, Saskia :)

Maria (inkymits) said...

Great card Teri, i love this snowman-he has character and easy to colour! xx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This is a lovely card. The snowman image is fabulous.
Hope the shopping goes well.
Hugs,
Fiona x

AnItA mArIe said...

wow beautiful teri,i have alwas loved your colouring...hugs Anita

Maggie's Crafts said...

Lovely card! :) Thank you for joining us at TTT @ http://toptiptuesday.blogspot.com/

Maggie

xx

tiggertastic said...

this is such an eye catching make, i love your image :)

Sarah x
CPF, CCC and BMD

clare said...

Such a cute card. Great take on our sketchie challenge @ PTD this week. Good Luck. x

Lou said...

Lovely card! Love all these Xmas cards, I am so erady to put up my decorations already!!!

Thanks for joining us over at PTD and lots of luck! :o)

Lou x

Fuzzy Slippers said...

Wow, what a busy cookie you are! Your fab card sounds like it was inspired by your chilly weather. :) Thanks for playing with us this week at TTT. :)

coldwaters2 said...

Oooo he is so adorable Teri I love that little Robin on his hat and I adore that bp.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Kim said...

I'm loving your frosty, I'm not ready for the snow, but yours is perfect! Love that yummy snowflake too!!!! you are a master with watercolor pencils!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Susie said...

Gorgeous card, love the cute snowman!! Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs this week and good luck xx

craftybunny said...

The snowman is a real cutie and you've coloured him beautifully too.Love those papers!Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs :D
Lisa x

Deb said...

such a gorgeous card, many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge, hugs Debx

Michele said...

Such a gorgeous card Teri. Love the cute snowman and the details also. Hugs Michele x

LilyPuss Cards said...

Soooo Sweet....thank you for joining us at ABC
Hugs
Jan..x..

rosalien said...

This is beautirul, and that snowflake is just amazing. I love it.'Thanks for joining DC.

Rosalien

Poppet said...

Beautiful card Teri, love the blue and pink. Your image looks fab, such a cheery chap. Your new snowflake punch looks wonderful as does your backing paper. :-) xx

Vicky said...

Awwww what a fabulous sweet card, this is lush hunni. Hope you've had a good weekend despite it bein cold enough to make all bodily parts blue lol.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Wanda said...

Absoultely love the snowman! Great card. Thanks for playing along on Delightful Challenges! Huggles,
Wanda

crafty amy said...

Hiya hun just catching up on my commenting and I can't believe I missed this cutie before :D
Thank you for joining us at Crafts and Me and good luck.

Hugs

Amy xx