Thursday, 4 November 2010

Sparkle at The Crafty Purple Frog

Hiya folks!

Hope I find you all well today? Glad to report my IBS attack was only a one day-er, phew! Back to (almost) normal today, except I have D no1 home with a sore belly (I blame the MacDonalds from last night for that!)

So, to my card today, which is my DT creation for The Crafty Purple Frog. This week our theme is 'Sparkle'. Who can resist blinging up their creations??!! I chose to use a pyrimage sheet with the lovely Northern Most Serenity image on it for my card. You can find it HERE.


I went for a mostly white colour theme to go with the image, except for a wee bit of purple in the shape of the backing paper (very faint tint) and some smudgy inky edges. Apart from those bits everything else is white. (even if the photo does make it look a bit purple)


The flowers, brads, ribbon and gems are all from the stash. The silky leaves are recycled from my old wedding head-dress. Had to find a use for it, as it is over 20 years old and gathering dust in the wardrobe. So I dismantled it and am using up the bits on my creations. (Don't tell the hubby!) I have splodged stickles on the image and on the flowers, although you can't see that very well with these photos. Naff light up here in Scotland at the mo, so apologies folks!

So, if you fancy the chance winning some fabulous prizes, head over to The Crafty Purple Frog Challenges and get entering!!

Some Challenges I am entering:
ABC Challenge - G for Glitter

19 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This card is enchanting. Beautiful image, fabulous papers and punched borders and the flowers are fabulous. (I don't know if I could dismantle my headress - but now you have planted the idea)
Hope your daughter feels better soon.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Pascale said...

Love the image and love your card I love the floral arrangement hun. Glad it was a one dayer and the very rare occasion we eat a Mcdonalds we always say why did we bother?
Hugs Pascale

Jo said...

WOW! *claps*
what a beautiful card :)
Thank you for joining in the fun at sweet stampin
Jo xx

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

just so pretty Teri!
lovin the bling :)

crafty amy said...

Wow Teri this is so pretty and I am loving the Bling :D

Hugs

Amy xx

Lynda said...

Beautiful image and those flowers are stunning Teri. Glad you're feeling better.

Love Lynda xxx

Tracey said...

This is beautiful Teri, I love the flowers & foliage & the punched borders (& the image of course!) :)

Hugs
Tracey
x

Vicky said...

Hi hunni this is beautiful I love the flowers & I wont tell your hubby lol. Thankyou soooo much for the lovely comment you left on my blog when I made the card with your skull image it really did make my day. I'm coming back later for some more images cus I enjoyed that 1 soooo much hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xx

hayward69 said...

This is one of my favourite images. Love the scalloped edging you have used and the flowers.

Jayne xx

kaos said...

Such a gorgeous sparkly card! I love the flower arrangement - a wonderful balance to the image and the gems on the punched borders are great!
hugs
kaos

Poppet said...

Beautiful card Teri, love the image and the papers is very subtle and just right. Love the light purple smudged edges. The flowers look great with your silky leaves. :-) xx

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
wow gorgeous card, such a striking image, beautiful papers & embelies, lovely design, glads yo hear ya tums better hun, hope other tum ok today, have great weekend, sue,x

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is very beautiful.
beautiful color.

greetings karin

Carrie said...

This is stunning hun... Love the snowyness (not sure if thats a real word lol!!) Thanks for playing at sweet stamping xx

Cheryl said...

WOW stunning and so beautifully coloured!!! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious!!
Hugs xx

Bec said...

Thank you for joining us at Creatalicious Challenges..

kaylou said...

such a stunning card, thanks for joining our white challenge at Creatalicious.
Hugs Kaylou xoxo

kaylou said...

wow what a gorgeous card,thanks for joining our white challenge at Creatalicious.
Hugs Kaylou xoxo

Natalie Z. said...

Absolutely STUNNING Card !!! Thank you for joining us at Creatalicious Challenges..
Hugs Natalie xxx