Thursday, 18 November 2010

Crafty Purple Frog - Flowers

Hiya folks!

MAN, have I got a headache!!! Gonna sue the blooming council me thinks.

Yesterday (after months of waiting) they decided to add electricity to the lights they replaced in the street. Not that they needed replacing - perfectly good lights with character (bit twirly and old fashioned). So, there they were POUNDING the tarmac with a digger (no pneumatic drills this time) which ended up shaking the whole house. Did I mention the house is right on the street? The path goes right past my front door. AND the house is over 200 years old with a rather iffy end gable!! To say I was worried about it collapsing round my ankles is an understatement!! (and I went out and told them so too!)

Then today, after doing the shopping trip I return home to find I can't even park outside my own house!!! Lorries all over the place, but only two blokes about. So I though 'F**k IT - I'm parking up anyway to unload the car'. Luckily I had some Iron Maiden blaring out at full pelt, so nobody messed about saying 'You can't park there'!! LOL. Got the shopping in and moved the car round the side street. So now, after putting it all away and loading up the multi-disc CD player with some LOUD stuff I can finally jump on here to blurb about my DT piece for today.

Which is my creation for The Crafty Purple Frog, and the new theme for this fortnight is 'Flowers'. Nice and easy you would think - but I only managed to get this one finished Tuesday afternoon!! Slacker or what!?!


I decided to use the Dragonflies sheet HERE for my card. I only cut one extra layer for a bit of dimension, as the flowers are pretty dimensional in themselves. These were made using my new Marianne dies which you thread ribbon through. That was a bit fiddly I'll tell you - that is after I figured out how to do it! LOL. I topped them off with some extra flower shapes and gems for some bling.


My papers are from Tinker & Co, the 'Duckies' collection. Some inky edges and a bow later, and voila (spelling?) job done. Forgive the piccies, they were done with the light fading fast and fingers crossed. Luckily the camera did a great job at adjusting the lighting itself (clever thing!)

Righty then - off to get some stuff sorted and do some more moshing, W.A.S.P. is on at the moment, got a bit of Bon Jovi, The Cult, Guns n Roses and Britney Fox (80's group) Might have a change and get Ozzy going with a bit more Maiden and some Metallica me thinks. Need to shake off the headache!! LOL


13 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
I love the pastel colours and your layout. the dragonflies are beautifully done. Fabulous card.
Have you seen the forecast for next week - white stuff and below freezing!!!
Hugs,
Fiona x

Lynda said...

Love the colours on this one Teri - it's so fresh and summery - just what we need at the moment with the damp cold weather we're having. Just read above and I bet you're looking forward to the white stuff arriving... NOT. Anyway after all your trauma you've created a very beautiful card.

Love Lynda xxx

Vicky said...

Hellooooo there sweetie.....well you are certainly not 'half way there' you are All The Way with this card.....forgive the crappy pun but I saw Bon Jovi & started to sing straight away lol I used to think Jon Bon Jovi was sooo fit when I was in high school when he had his long hair cworrrr...I had his posters EVERYWHERE!!! Anyway coming back out of dreamland loved your story it sounds like me actually something I wud do lol. Your card is truly gorgeous & I absolutely luuurrrvvve the colours.

Lotsa huggles Vicky xxx

Bonibleaux Designs said...

Oooh look at all these beautiful colors!!! FAB!

Sue said...

Lol oh hun a fabulous post, did make me smile. Sorry you had all that noise though, hope ya headache goes
Totally gorgeous card, beautiful image & flowers, fabulous design, sue,x

hayward69 said...

Love the gorgeous image you have used and the layout and dp.

Jayne xx

angelwhispers said...

Sounds like a nightmare at home Teri!!!!

But the card is beautiful just love the colours and the flowers are just perfect with this gorgeous print! Chanelle xxx

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

LOL IRON MAIDEN!?!
I would never have pegged you as a banger chick!!!
AWESOME card & attitute girl :)))

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is very beautiful, beautiful colors and papers.

greetings karin

Tracey said...

Gorgeous card Teri & I love those ribbon flowers :)

Have a great weekend!
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Tracy said...

very pretty card love the colours. hugs Tracy x

crafty amy said...

LOl I might have to have a bit of a mosh myself! Hope your head ache did not last too long hun. This is a brilliant card as always I have to get some of those flower dies.

Hugs

Amy xx

Micki said...

OMG girl... first I was thinking "she needs to put on some Ozzy" before getting to the bottom, lol.... or AC/DC hehehe but Metallica is good too. Yeah the music I listen to all depends on my mood.

Hey that card is awesome love those dragonflies....hugs