Wednesday, 17 November 2010

Being Thankful at The Sisterhood

Hiya folks!

Welcome to a damp and dreary day here in NE Scotland. I'm sparing some thoughts for the poor so and so's down in Cornwall. I heard on the news this morning that they are coping with floods and landslides there today. Thank goodness we live on higher ground here, so if we flood again in this village it won't get up as far as us.

Speaking of being Thankful, that's the subject of our challenge this week over at The Sisterhood. We don't have Thanksgiving here in the UK, but I know it's coming up for those in the US, and we could all do with being a bit Thankful now and again couldn't we??!!

Now, I've been somewhat busy just lately, and completely forgot that it was my turn to host at The Sisterhood (oopsies!) so I had to whip up a quickie for the samples, and here it is:


I used my 'Thank You Bear' digi image from the Delicious Doodles Shop. I coloured him with watercolour pencils, splodged some stickles and gold dimension paint dots in the corners, and plopped a bow on it. Trouble is, in my haste to get the photo done I put my finger on the dots and one of them got a bit squished! (sigh) Honestly - where's my head at these days??!!

Oh, I know - too busy worrying about the new Delicious Doodles Challenge Blog that starts THIS FRIDAY!!!  And I STILL haven't done my flipping card for it!! Guess what my job is today. . .?


We're almost up to 100 followers - WOW - what can I say folks?! You never cease to amaze me out there in blogland. Only a few more followers to gather, and then I can do the draw to WIN FIVE digi's from the shop.

I do hope you can join in with the challenges we have to offer you - nothing too difficult - honest!! The first one is dead easy!! See you there folks!


6 comments:

mulberry station said...

Good morning Teri, yes, there are lots of things we can be thankful for. We do have alot of blessings. Your little bear is super cute! I love the simplicity of it! have a great week. Nancy

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi teri,
This is a fabulous card. I love that big teddy bear - he is so cute. Great card.
Horrible and damp and cold here.
Hugs,
Fiona x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Teri this is a real gorgeous, super cute and adorable card that image is fabulous, I can't wait for the challenge to start I have put it in my list so I know when in starts.
Hugs
Lorraine x

TannyP said...

You did such a great thank you card! With your always perfect coloring, you constantly turn everything to gold, so I'm secretly (or not so secretly anymore) pleased to know I'm not the only one who does things like squish a little dimension dot!
Fabulously fun card, Teri!

tiggertastic said...

love your CPF DT card hun, lovely flowers and really nice colours to see as well.

your card above is just fantastic, what a sweet image

Hugs, Sarah-Louise

KarinsArtScrap said...

lovely bear teri.

greetings karin