Saturday, 27 November 2010

Bah-Humbug!!


Oh deary me folks!
(warning - photo overload!)

Hope you are all safe and warm this weekend. The heavens opened last night and we woke up to a good 4-6 inches of the white stuff. Not unusual I hear some of you say - but for us to get it before our actual winter season is a bit irregular! And me thinks the authorities are underperforming again. No grit on the roads west of Elgin apparently!! Hubby will not be going to work on Monday as he works in Inverness (100 mile round trip!)

It was well eerie last evening when it started. The street lights were reflecting off the snow filled clouds and turned the skies a wierd orangey colour. Well odd - not to mention the TOTAL silence. . . Obviously there was no bird song being dark and all, but there was NO traffic noise either, roads were CRAP to say the least - traffic was at a standstill again earlier in the evening.

And it's coming down again now. Here is a quick couple of pics for you. Yeah it's not much really, but I'm not a keen fan of it, so UGH!!




And now to continue the morose theme, I have a complete non-Christmassy attitude at the mo. Too much of it all over the TV already, not to mention all over the shops starting before September, so I'm a bit of a Bah Humbug! And to celebrate the fact I have released a non-traditional Christmas Corner image based on the ones already for sale in the Delicious Doodles Shop. It's called 'Skull Christmas Corner' - my hubby loves it!! I made a really simple card to showcase it too:


I just printed it and the greeting on some white base card, then coloured the image, scanned it and printed some layers onto matt photo paper. I put some stickles on the image too, but it made the paper a bit wavy, mind you it kind of adds to the effect of the bone, LOL.


While I was at it I took the original skull sketch and messed with it in photoshop and turned it into a 'rubber stamp' effect, liked it, and made another card with that:


I have used some yummy digital damask paper for the base card. The gothic arch shaped was created in my dp package, which I filled with my cobweb image before placing the skull image on top with some foam pads. I made the flower using various snowflake dies and a holly leaf punch. Big gem is from the stash. Text is computer generated using a freebie online download, can't remember where from now, had this for ages and never used it until now!!


So folks - Bah Humbug! to the weather and to Christmas (for now)!!
Apologies again for the photo overload!! LOL
Catch ya later peeps!

I'd like to enter a few challenges with the last card as it has snowflakes on it (in the flower)
Papertake Weekly - Punches and Dies
Crafts and Me - Snowflakes
Digital Tuesday - Let it Snow
Penny's Challenges - Photo Inspiration
(sorry - just HAD to add black!)


20 comments:

Happy Days said...

Oh you lucky thing - it's snowing here (yes right down on the south coast), but we only have a dusting at the moment. DS is praying for a load more :)

Fantastic cards - I absolutely love that 2nd one it's amazing.

Stay safe and warm.

Claire x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
Love the cards. You hve made that skull work in both of these layouts.
We had snow last night as weel but just a couple of inches. Heavy falls forcast for tonight though.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie doesn't the snow look sooo pretty lol. Its really rare for us to get snow as well apparently it has something to do with living next to the sea... Loving your cards the 1st 1 is my total fave my hubby thinks its absolutely awesome. I love both the different eefects you have given off the same image.....you are way too clever girl....post some down to me lol. Hope you have a good weekend hun soz I've been missing inaction & not been over.

Lotsa hugs Vicky gabbalot xxx

Vicky said...

Me again he hee I really really do like this image so I'm coming over to buy it & maybe some others.... well I dont want it to get lonely now.....To buy or not to buy...to buy to buy to buy lol.

xxx

Kim said...

Oh gesh! Snow already....I'm like you, Teri, not quite ready for this stuff!!!!! I can't believe that you're already getting it. Well, stay in and craft!!!!!

Your humbug cards are fabulous! Love the dimension on the first and that bit of shimmer!!!
Stay warm and enjoy your tea!
Blessings,
Kim xxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

two great cards teri.

what a lot off snow, great picture's.

greetings karin

Sue said...

Hi hun
wow look at all that snow, looks pretty but its a bugger when you gota drive in it to work luckily i dont have to.
hahahaha bah humbug luv the Christmas cards hun, they did make me chuckle, luvb the top one looks brill, have good weekend hun, sue,x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Teri I love the photos of all that gorgeous snow, just glad you have and we don't, lol, I also love the skull it looks fantastic. I don't celebrate Christmas as I believe the true meaning of this holiday has been lost and replaced by anything to do with money, money, money.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Poppet said...

Wonderful cards Teri, I wish I had your imagination. The first skull looks great with the wavy top. Hope the snow doesn't disrupt you too much. :-) xx

kaos said...

These pics could have been taken here! This afternoon the heavens opened and it started snowing so much - as I had to work it wasn't exactly fun as we have quite a big area and therefore a lot of ground to free of snow if we don't want to risk trouble - and shipping is so not fun if you don't see any result at all after hours of work...
oh well now I'm home getting a nice cuppa and doing some blog hopping...well deserved *lol*

And to your cards - gorgeous both of them - I like the image even if I don't know anyone I could give it to...*lol*

hugs
kaos

xGemmax said...

OMG!! They are absolutely fantastic, My eldest boy, my brother and his girlfriend would love these cards :o)
hugs and xxx

Katina said...

Not had any snow yet and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we don't! Still haven't recovered from the chaos in January! Fab cards Teri - you have an amzing talent! Thnks for sharing them wih us at PTW. x

tiggertastic said...

wow that is some snow. amazing makes, i love your use of the image, so creative hun

gina g said...

What fantastic cards these are i love them, you can keep the white stuff i don't like it either lol. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me for our challenge. luv gina xx

Courtney said...

What great cards! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Penny's!

Courtney~

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Teri my friend ... you are AMAZING in so many ways!!! This creation (though a little on the dark side for me, LOL) is FANTASTIC!!

Thanks for sharing your snowy photos with us ... but you can keep the 'white stuff' over there ... I'm not ready for it quite yet!

Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges. Hope to see you again next challenge!

Maria Matter said...

oh I wish we had snow!!!!!

fabulous cards Teri!
Thanks for playing along with us @ Digital Tuesday!
xxx

gracielou97 said...

Hi Teri,
FAB Cards!
And wow to the snow!
I have posted the winner on my blog :)
Hugs
Grace
xx

angelwhispers said...

Fab cards Teri, made me laugh as they suit my Dad perfectly!!!!! Loving the snowy photo's but not so nice when you have to go out!!

Thanks for your lovely comment on my Advent Calendar Chanelle xxxx

Diamond Doll said...

Two fabulous cards Teri.
Thanx for joining us at Crafts and Me.
(hugs)
Trish (-: