Wednesday, 24 November 2010

And a Partridge In A Pear Tree. . .

Hiya folks!

Bbbrrrrrrrrr, it's turned wintery here in north east Scotland today - we have had loads of hail storms. And guess what?? It's brought the roads to a standstill ALREADY!! Even though the gritters have been out (yes even past my house in the sidestreets) there was a HUGE tailback running through the village an hour ago when I nipped round go get a few bits in the shop. Apparently a lorry had got stuck going up the hill past the village on the slippery roads, and in the middle of the roadworks too. And I heard a report that a lady had crashed into the barriers coming down the hill - hope she's OK. What IS it with this country?? I'd expect it if we had inches of snow, but no, not even an inch of hail on the road and it all comes to an abrupt halt. . . (sigh) I suppose the school will be shut next. . . LOL

Blathering aside then, my card today (yes I got round to making a card!) has been made using one of the 12 Days of Christmas' themed images I have been doodling - a Partridge In A Pear Tree. I have almost done the whole lot - only three left to doodle!


My red paper is from a digi-set named 'sunkissed winter', but I can't remember the designer (so if anyone knows give me a shout so I can rectify that!) I converted the blue colour into black and white, then changed the colour to what I wanted. I put some text on top of some yellow patterned paper from Funky Hand for the central strip. The green layer is a damask pattern I got from My Grafico a while back.


The Partridge image was coloured with the usual watercolour pencils before scanning into the compy for printing out the layers. I put some yummy stickles on the pears for a bit of bling, and have used metallic gold ribbon, gold brads and some gold mirri for the snowflakes behind the image panel.

Right, need to see if my poorly babies need anything now then. Got Dno1 off school with a sore throat and sickies, and Dno2 off with a croupy cough. Oh the joys of motherhood!! See ya later peeps!

Some challenges I am entering with this card:
The Crafty Pad - Red and Green
Pear Tree Designs - Colourful
Tip Top Tuesday - Layer on Layer
Spoon Full of Sugar - Anything Goes
Creative Inspirations - Red, Green and Gold
Crafty Creations - Christmas


22 comments:

mckinkle said...

I love this image Teri and cant wait to use it too. Lovely card and gorgeous papers.

Hope your girlies are soon on the mend!

Keryn x

Happy Days said...

Oh wow love this card, it's a stunner.x

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
hope the new challenge going well, totally gorgeous card, fabulous image, beautiful papers & embelies,sue,x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This is a fabulous card. I love the design papers and the image is astonishing.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Pat said...

Hi Teri,

Beautiful card, love the image and papers, thanks for sharing at The Crafty Pad this week. Hope the children are soon better.

Pat xx

NGCARDS said...

This is a stunning card hun! Thanks for joining in this week with our Colour scheme of Red, Green & Gold at Creative Inspirations Wednesday's Challenge Blog! xxx

Papertrails by a paper lover said...

what a beautiful card! I know what you are saying about the snow causing everything to come to a halt. We have that here in the DC area. It's usually a panic with people rushing to get salt, staple goods, and then madness on the road. grrr! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations this week! :-) Amy

Maggie's Crafts said...

Lovely creation! Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad @ http://thecraftypad.blogspot.com/

Maggie

xx

Sally H said...

That's stunning Teri! I thought about you when I saw the snow clouds over Scotland on the weather forecast. My daughter's school closed 4/5 days last year. Ours closed one out of five (our boiler broke and it was just 10 degrees in my classroom!) keep warm, hun!

clare said...

Such an elegant card. Thanks for joining us @ PTD this week. Good Luck. x

coldwaters2 said...

Wowzer Teri this is stunning I adore that image and design excellent work.
hugs
Lorraine x

Leanne said...

Oh my gosh, this is gorgeous!

Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday - good luck! Remember, you can enter as many times as you like!

Hugs Leanne xx

craftybunny said...

Gorgeous card.Love the richness of the colours.Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs :D
Lisa x

shell said...

Hiya Teri, that image is gorjuss, thansk for joining us this week at Creative Inspirations Wednesday's Challenge Blog.
Shell xx

Lou said...

Super card! Really different and I love it!

Thanks for joining us over a PTD and lots of luck!

Lou x

Anne said...

What a gorgeous card and great idea to scan your coloured layers, perfect Christmas card
Thanks for entering the Top Tip Tuesday Challenge
Hugs
Anne

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful bird teri.
great card and lovely colors.

greetings karin

Denise @ kc242 said...

wow what a cute card. Love the bright colors and that lovely bird! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Midnight Madness!
Denise
MMDT

Lovely Linda said...

Oh Teri - I am loving this - that image is way too adorable! Your colouring brings it to life - another fabulous card from you! Love it! Thank you for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week - we appreciate your support! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Connie M. said...

Oh Teri this is just stunning! What a beautiful image, and you have worked it in the sketch perfectly!! Thanks so much for playing this week in the midnight madness sketch challenge! Hugs!!

Connie
MMSCDT

Pat said...

Teri, I just now found your blog, and I am so in love with your work!

The card is lovely, and layered so nicely!

Hugs, pat Smith

LindaS said...

Amazing card. Love the bird and background paper especially.