Saturday, 16 October 2010

The Watcher

Hiya folks!

Hope you are all well today? The sun is actually shining here in NE Scotland (for a change) Might go sort me garden after lunch, weeds are taking over again!!

Onto business then. My card today is showcasing a couple of brand new images which are now available in the Delicious Doodles Shop. The Watcher, and a new Halloween Border:




I have purposely not done any raised decoupage layering here, as I wanted it to fit the challenge at Haunted Design House, which this week is 'Simply Sinister'. Hope the Raven is sinister enough for you - I did make his eye red and put some red on the talons to make them look bloody (ugh!).  So here is the card I made:


I (sort of) followed the sketch from this week at Midnight Madness, but turned it sideways, and omitted the ribbony flowered bits. Here is the sketch:


The first card was done relatively flat, but I couldn't let it go at that! You know me and my layering (tee-hee!) So I printed a couple more images out and cut the Raven a couple of times and layered up with foam pads. Ah, that's better - I love a bit of dimension, just adds a bit of 'life' to an image. Here is the card again, but with layers:


The backing papers are my cobweb image printed in white on green. The purple card is core-dinations rubbed with sandpaper. Had to fussy cut the border, that was fiddly, but turned out OK. Here is a close-up:


OK, so this fits a few challenges (ooo-er, what a surprise! LOL)

Penny's Challenges - 'As long as it flies'
Crafts and Me - 'Halloween'
MAWTT - 'Halloween'
Stamp Something - 'Halloween'
Polka Doodles - 'Something Spooky'

Righty then peeps - off to do lunch (for the kiddies) then to the garden. Wish me luck with those weeds - I may be some time. . .

22 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
Wow another gorgeous image and a brilliant card. I have really missed my visits here.
Thank you for the gorgeous card and your well wishes.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

WOWZA Girlie!! This is AMAZING!! LOVE how you've used both images in one design! FABULOUS and the MMSC sketch was the perfect layout!

Again ... WOWZA!! "Quote the Raven ... Never More!"

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Oh yeah . . . thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge!! I was so "in Awe" of your creation I forgot what I was doing!! TeeHee!!

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Hi Teri!

Where do you get your inspiration from - you produce new digis every week and they are all so amazing! I love your animaldigis - they are so beautiful drawn and this one looks like he is alive and ready to fly right out of this card. I Can see why the ghost looks so shocked *LOL*
Fantastic as always!

Thanks for joining Midnight Madness Challenge. Your support is highly valued, and we hope to see you playing with us again real soon ;o)

Hugs
Gunn
MMSCDT

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Polkadoodles challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Happy Days said...

Wow Teri awesome cards hunny. Love the raven and the frame just looks perfect (you must have the patience of a saint to cut it out though!!). Enjoy doing battle with the weeds. Claire x

lis-m said...

This is just fabulous ! i really love the border.x
thanks for joining us over at Polka doodles x
hugs
lis-m x

Tracy said...

fabulous card that image is brilliant. Tracy x

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful card teri, great coloring.

greetings karin

Susan's crafty chaos said...

Wow Teri, this is just gorgeous, with and without the layers. I had to laugh at you mot being anle to leave it alone, I had so much trouble not adding stuff all over the place with mine :D
Thanks very much for joining in with us at HDH again this week :D

DonnaMundinger said...

You're so funny Teri! GREAT images! Always love your dimension! Thanks for joining us at HDH! xxD

Primitive Paper said...

Oh wow....what a creative way to use the sketch this week! I love all the layers and textures you have going on. This is truly a work of art. The Midnight Madness Design Team thanks you for joining us. Blessings, Tracy--MMDT

Valerie said...

What a wonderful card!

Trina said...

I love how it looks like the raven is stomping on the ghost in the frontal shot... Great border, great digi, awesome coloring, neat card!

Brenda Brown said...

Fab card, really Halloween inspired. I am glad you could enter our challenge at MAWTT this week.
Luv Brenda xxx

Tracey Feeger said...

OMG this is fabulous. Love both the stamps you used and your colouring is just perfect. Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something.
mwah
Trace

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW I love it, thanks for joining in with us on MAWTT this week again, Love Hazelxo

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge.

Tip Top said...

Great spooky card! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

crafty amy said...

What a brilliant Halloween card hun I love the colouring :D and obviously the images are amazing as always :D
Thank you for joining us at Crafts and me and good luck.

Hugs

Amy xx

Jenny said...

Super Spooky card! Thanks for sharing your project with us at Polka Doodles.

BondGirl said...

Love the dimenson of this card and i love the frame. Thanks for joining in the Polkadoodles challenge