Tuesday, 19 October 2010

Tuesday Taggers - Nursery Rhymes

Hiya folks!

Hope I find all you poorly ladies getting better? Seems everyone has some sort of bug at the moment - must be the wierd weather we are all experiencing. Warm one day, cold the next. Never know what to put on in the mornings!

Enough blather, on to my card, which today is my DT piece for Tuesday Taggers. This week our Georgina has chosen 'Nursery Rhymes' as her theme (gee, thanks hun!) which had me in a total quandry all week wondering what to do. Then yesterday (not too late then) a brain flash hit me and I started to doodle, and here is what I came up with:


It's the Little Nut Tree.

I had been wanting to doodle something for Christmas for a little while, this was in my mind for that, so I decided to combine my doodle with this challenge. I will be releasing this one into the Delicious Doodles Shop tomorrow (Wednesday), along with another image I am still working on. Here is my card:


And here is the Rhyme:

I had a little nut tree, nothing would it bear,
but a silver nutmeg, and a golden pear.
The King of Spain's daughter came to visit me,
and all for the sake of my little nut tree.

Her dress was made of crimson, jet black was her hair,
she asked me for my nut tree and my golden pear.
I said, "So fair a Princess never did I see,
I'll give you all the fruit from my little nut tree”.

Had to google it I'm afraid, I'm rubbish at remembering nursery rhymes, even though my D2 is six years old!! tee-hee. I have followed a sketch from Midnight Madness for the layout. You get to choose between two sketches there, and they even give you a sneaky peak on a Friday - cool huh? Here is the sketch:


My papers are all digital, stored on the compy from various suppliers. I punched a flower using gold and silver mirri, topped off with a wee pearl. Ribbon, brads and pearls are from the stash, as is the gold and silver stickles. I added some of this to the nutmeg and pear too. Here is a close-up:


Forgive the naff lighting, we have a dark and damp day today here in NE Scotland, which doesn't make for a good photo!!

This fits a couple of other challenges, so here goes:
Tip Top Tuesday - Anything Goes
Fab 'n' Funky - 'Yummy' (bit obscure, but the pear and nutmeg are edible!!)
Simon Says - 3 different embellishments, 2 dp's, 1 image
Crafty Catz - Nursery Rhymes
Allsorts - Bingo Selection (I chose Punches, Flowers and Pearls)
OCC - Embellishments

OK then peeps, that's it for today. Off to finish up more DT stuff and try to get organised. Feel a bit like a floundering fish at the moment - too much going on in me head!! See ya later folks!

23 comments:

georgina said...

Oh my word, Teri, this is wonderful,luv Georginaxx

Leanne said...

I really love your card - you have a great eye for detail!

This would be a fabulous entry into the Top Tip Tuesday Anything Goes challenge this week - we have 4 amazing prizes up for grabs!!

Hope to see you there!
Leanne xx

PatR said...

Fabulous card Teri the image is fabulous as always. great choice of rhyme. xx

Mephisto said...

Thats a lovely card.
Thanks for joining in the Challenge from SimonSaysStamp.
Domi

Denise said...

Teri, this is gorgeous! I love your little nut tree image. My doodling certainly doesn't turn out like that:) Beautiful colors, perfect designer paper. Awesome!
Thank you so much for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

Denise
MMSC Design Team

mckinkle said...

Just stunning Teri! This card is beautiful and thanks for the jaunt down memory lane as I couldnt remember the words to that nursery rhyme either!

Keryn x

Mummylade said...

This is a wonderful project! I'm glad you liked my bingo challenge this week at Allsorts. Thank you for joining and good luck!

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Teri
A gorgeous card,thankyou for joining us on this week's challenge at CraftyCatz,
Hugs Dianne xx

Maggie's Crafts said...

So lovely! Thank you for sharing and joining us at TTT at http://toptiptuesday.blogspot.com/

Maggie

x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
Absolutely stunning. What a gorgeous card and a wonderful image. I love this one.
Hugs,
Fiona x

karen said...

Wow amazing card, it is gorgeous. Thanks for joining Fab N Funky this week, Karen

Dawn said...

Oh I love this image, will be back to get one I bet. Such soft colors are perfect.Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday. this week

mulberry station said...

Awesome card Teri! It is gorgeous!
Nancy

kaos said...

Very lovely card - such great details - love the ribbon with the flower on top - looks gorgeous! And all the glitter - perfect finish

hugs kaos

Carol said...

Teri this is exquisite You image is colored beautifully and I love the sparkle and shine. Great job with the sketch. Thank you so much for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

Bear Hugs,
Carol
Midnight Madness Design Team

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is gorgeous teri, great card

greetings karin

Lovely Linda said...

Divine Teri - just divine! Your image is wonderful and the colouring is over the top - as always! Love it! We love to see you join us here at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge, thank you for your support!! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Anne said...

Wow that is one amazing doodle! Love your imasge and your card too.
Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday
Hugs
Anne

Caroljenks said...

This is gorgeous and your 'doodle' is stunning! LOVE IT!

Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday this week :)

Carol x

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Hi Teri!

This is fab as always! Love the golden pear and your flower is amaxing. Lovely DP's and colors.

Thanks for joining Midnight Madness Challenge. Your support is highly valued, and we hope to see you playing with us again real soon ;o)

Hugs
Gunn
MMSCDT

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Teri, this is gorgeous! I remember that rhyme, been a while since I heard it though!!! LOL Your tree is so beautifully made and i love all the glitter and shine on your card. I really like the way you made the background dp too! Awesome creation!
Hugs,
Charlotte
MMSC DT

Diane Gilbert said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!! LOVE all the embellishments! Thanks for playing along with 'Our Creative Corner' this week!

Sandy Ang said...

Love the layered tree ! Fab card