Friday, 8 October 2010

Sweet Pea Stampers - Brads and Bows

Hiya folks!

Hope I find you all well today? Me? I have picked up a lurgy from somewhere, so I'm here with a splitting headache, runny yet blocked nose and a cough. Who knows where that came from, as none of my kids have had one lately. Ah well, must battle on. . .


My card today is my DT piece for Sweet Pea Stampers, this week we are after 'Brads and Bows'. Nice and simple folks! I have kept mine pretty simple too, although I did make it an easel card. I followed a sketch from Mojo Monday for my 'front of card' layout:


I have used papers from an old Tinker & Co kit named 'Milly's Cake', along with some black card for matting, and some reddish card too for the flower. Didn't have a perfect match for the pinky red papers, so had to find the nearest thing. Not far off though.


My image today is Ching Chou-Kuiks 'Dark Royalty' coloured with watercolour pencils. My ribbon and bow are from the stash, the bow being hand-tied. Black brads are also from the stash. I made the sentiment into a 'Thank You' for a change. Don't do many of these for some reason. Just happens to fit the challenge at Keep It Simple this week, although it may not count as is isn't that CAS really. Being an easel card means it fits the challenge at SCSC this week too.

So, if you want the chance to win three lovely stamps from Sweet Pea Stamps, then play along! Pop over to the Sweet Pea Stampers Challenge for some more inspiration folks!

16 comments:

Happy Days said...

Stunning card Teri. I'd say that maybe you caught the lurgy from me, but unless it's a cyber bug I don't think it would be possible! I've been like that since Monday and have no idea where it's come from either (kids haven't/aren't ill and as far as I know all my friends and family are well). Hope you feel better soon. x

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous Teri love the colours.I hope you are feeling better soon.xxx

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
wow a beautiful card, luv the colour combo, gorgeous image & papers, lovely design, have great weekend hun, sue,x

Clare said...

OH Teri im so sorry you are feeling icky today hun. Hope you are feeling much better real soon. Beautiful card Teri and those colours are stunning. Big hugs to you angel, love Clare xxx

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

striking red eyes!
great card Teri!
feel better girl!

kaos said...

What a great card - love the colour combination - it fits so well with the image!

{Jane} said...

Beautiful easel card

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x
SCSC DT

Faye said...

Gorgeous, Teri. Hope you're feeling better by now.

tiggertastic said...

breathtaking ! this layout works so well as an easel card, excellent colouring to this too.

Wishing you an enjoyable weekend,
hugs, sarah xx

Pascale said...

GORGEOUS colour combo on this one Teri I love it! Thanks for joining us at KIS hun. I hope you feel much better soon this weather changing does not help with all these viruses. Huge hugs Pascale

angelwhispers said...

Fab card Teri the colours are lovely and really hit you!!!! Hope you are deeling a bit better! Love Chanelle xxx

Sharon said...

Your card is really beautiful, Teri. Love the colour scheme. :D

Hope you feel better soon.

Anne said...

Oh mate, what a bummer!! I had a cold a couple of weeks ago and usually I get to keep a cold for about 2-3 weeks. However, I was also having to take Piriton at the time for this god-awful itching I was (really!!!) suffering from, and unusually my cold disappeared after about 3-4 days!! I think the Piriton was doing a dual job for me!

Your card is (as always!) stunning! Your shading is perfect and I love the lo! Thanks so much for including KIS in your submission! :o) xx

Clare H said...

Hope you are feeling better!!

Love you card its perfect.

Thanks for joining us at Keep it Simple - Clare

Cazro said...

Hope your feeling better. A lovely card, lvoe the colours. Thanks for playing at KIS. Caz

KarinsArtScrap said...

love this one too, I love pea stamps they are great.

greetings karin