Sunday, 31 October 2010

Last Halloween Offering

Hiya folks.

Happy Halloween!!

I decided to make one last creation for Halloween, featuring my fav little bug - the Baterfly. This card doesn't really smack of Halloween to me. I had visions of a spooky/horrid thing, but at least it turned out a bit gothic in the end. Ah well. . .


My Baterfly was coloured with watercolour pencils, scanned to the pooter and printed in bits to form the layers. The wings are moulded with the back of a bone folder to get the curves. I have used foam pads for some extra dimension.

For the backing I have used my shapabilities 'fleur-de-lys' die and layered it onto the same orange card as the base cardstock. This was grunged up with some black ink. I have also used some MS corner punches, 'cobweb' and 'iron railings'. The purple layer is some core-dinations embossed and scratched up. Made a boo-boo in the bottom left corner. Scratched too keenly and the point came off!! Ooopsies! Bit of a happy accident though, adds to the distressed look.


The flower is done with my usual flower punches, stickles and a black pearly bit. You can only just see it, but I have used a corner bit from my 'Halloween Border' underneath the flower instead of the usual punched leaves.

This creation fits a few challenges:
Flutterby Wednesday - Purple, Orange and Black
(not sure if the baterfly counts?)
Penny's Challenges - Black, Purple and Orange
Pixie Dust Studio - Halloween or Orange and Black
Crafty Catz - Halloween
Daring Cardmakers - Halloween
Secret Crafter - Anything that flies

Phew - just a couple then. Didn't realise there were so many! Right off to make some lunch now. Then it's on the the Christmas doodles.


Don't forget to mark your calendars for
Friday 19th November peeps!
Delicious Doodles is starting up a
brand new Challenge Blog!!
Find all the deets RIGHT HERE and bookmark the page folks!!


27 comments:

Vicky said...

Hellooooo hun this is blooming fan-dabby-doozy.....an absolute stunner ermmmm I'm thinking of other great words...oh yeah AMAZING!!!!! lol. Can you tell I love this card hun...

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Happy Days said...

Wow, Happy Halloween! Amazing card love the colours and the dimension on the batterfly. x

carol said...

wow fantastic, love the corners. thanks for joining us at craftycatz, x carol

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
Wow what a fabulous colour combo and a beautiful image. Gorgeous card.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Nancy said...

The Baterfly is brilliant!! I love it!! Thanks for fluttering with us this week at Flutter By Wednesday!

tiggertastic said...

this is just fantastic teri, i love your Batafly lol, excellent layout too

sarah xx

Lynda said...

A very spooktacular Halloween creation Teri. Love the image you've designed and it looks like there's a creature lurking in the fleur-de-lys layer or is that just my imagination lol. Thanks for joining in with us at Daring Cardmakers.

Love Lynda xxx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Teri
A fantastic card,thankyou for joining us on this week's challenge at CraftyCatz,
Hugs Dianne xx

Carol said...

Teri what a beauty. It is absolutely spooktacular. I am loving all that punch work. Awesome. Great job with the sketch. Thank you so much for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Sally H said...

It's gorgoeus, Teri! Great colours and your Batterfly is such a wonderful creation

Creepy Glowbugg said...

Wow Teri, those colors almost seem electric! I love and admire your use of those Spellbinders and punches!
Gorgeous!
Happy Hallowe'en!

KarinsArtScrap said...

lovely halloween card teri.

greetings karin

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
wow a stunning card, luv the spider punchm great image & design, will mail you about me win at KIS 2moro hun, have to have good mooch, lol, sue,x

{Jane} said...

Fabulous entry

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x
SCSC DT

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Teri it is lovely to be back visiting friends again I have missed so much. I love your Baterfly the colours are gorgeous.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Teri - what a fun card you have craeted - that image is skeery and fun! I love your colours and all of your extra touches - you ROCK Teri! I am loving this! Thanks for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Lindsey said...

Wow! Your colouring is brilliant! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Hi Teri!
Oh! I love your baterfly! It really looks good with thepurple and orange. Love your spiderweb corners!


Thanks for joining Midnight Madness Challenge. Your support is highly valued, and we hope to see you playing with us again real soon ;o)

Hugs
Gunn
MMSCDT

Holly Moore said...

Oh my, it's spooky and elegant and textured and gorgeous! The colors are just divine. All the little details just look great together! Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week.

Yours,
Holly R. Moore
MMDT ~ GD

mulberry station said...

Great card Teri...reminds me that I have a bat that hangs outside my door at night. I have to leave the light on all night to get rid of him.. They are so annoying with their droppings.
Have a great week. Nancy

Mandy said...

Wow Teri your card is stunning, love it.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for our punch 'em challenge
hugs Mandy xx

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Congratulations on winning our Remarkable award! I am creating a gallery on Facebook with all of our Remarkable award winners and was wondering if you would let me put your card up there. Please?

Mvh
Gunn
MMSCDT
e-mail: gunn@k1-a.net

Julye said...

Wow this is quite stunning and love that baterfly I think its quite spooky and looks like some undiscovered moth with its big body and love all the layers it makes it quite realistic, fab job. Thanks for joining us at Penny's.

Saskia said...

Great card Teri!!!

Sweet greetings, Saskia :)

Caroline said...

Wow!!!! I just love it. Thanks for joining in with the Creative Card Crew.
Caroline x

Scrappychick said...

Absolutely gorgeous card! Thanks for playing with the Pixies this week :)
Cyndi

Debgem said...

This is a fantastic card. I love the "baterfly" and the way you coloured him. You're right it's a beautifully gothic creation.