Wednesday, 27 October 2010

Jungle Fun and a sketch

Hiya folks!

Hope I find you all well today? Had a bit of a shock yesterday, went to Tesco to see if they had any nice sweaters/cardi's for winter, only to find that shoulder pads are back!! Ugh! Thought we had seen the last of those in the eighties! Looks like I'll be going cold if that's all there is to choose from! Off to Matalan today, maybe they have something more suitable.

So, on to my card today then. This is my last DT piece at The Creative Cottage (sniff). Like I said yesterday, I need to spend more time developing my business, and with the family, so I have had to give up some DT work. I have totally loved my stay at The Creative Cottage, such a bunch of lovely ladies, with some really fabulous kits to work with. I'll miss you peeps!!  Talking of fab kits, you really need to pop across to Tracey's store, she has loads of new goodies for you, including this gorgeous Jungle Fun Kit:


Now, I am being naughty again, and am combining this weeks EMBOSSING challenge at The Creative Cottage Challenge, with the new challenge at The Sisterhood, which is this here sketch provided by own own lovely Kim:


And this is the card I made:


This uses papers and a topper from the Jungle Fun Full Kit, but you can buy the papers, toppers, alphas and border seperately if you like. The cardstock was printed with one of the papers which I smudged with black in round the edges. I printed off the zebra stripe and a wee stripey border, which is sort of covered by the stripey brads (from the stash). I used the alphas for the sentiment (which says Hi!) The Zebra face is cut from one of the toppers and raised up on foam pads.


My embossing is the white patch of card with embossed dots, which I smudged more black ink over. I used a wee heart punch and some sizzix dies for the heart shapes, two of which I also raised up. I am entering this into the challenge at Allsorts this week which is 'Spots and Stripes'.

I hope you can join us in both challenges. EMBOSSING at The Creative Cottage, and our SKETCH at The Sisterhood. See you there folks!

17 comments:

Dragonlady said...

Hi hun

Just been to Matalan - didn't spot any shoulder pads but then 6 year olds probably don't want them!!!! Don't shop for me when there is a child in tow!!! Loads of Halloween stuff though.
I love your card, and the kit is fab.

Hugs Ali x

Craftyanny said...

Absolutely fab card Teri, your leaving us with a bang girl!!!
Good luck with the business hope it goes really well for you
Anne x

Tracy said...

I LOVE this card Teri its stunning, really going to miss you been on the team, thanks so much for all the stunning inspiration you have given us and good luck with everything. hugs Tracy x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
What a fabulous card. I love the papers and colours. This is a great card for a kid.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

This creation is so adorable and so creative!! Leave to you to come up with the perfect combination of images/color! Well done as always!

OH NO ... not shoulder pads AGAIN!! Either I'll be 'rippen' them out or not wearing them at all! I hated them the FIRST TIME AROUND! Uuugh! Thanks for the heads up!

TannyP said...

What a fun card! You always know just what to do for every challenge. Wonderful job, Teri!

Fliss said...

Just gorgeous creation Teri.
Know what you mean about the shoulder pads as I recently bought something from Next with them and took them out as it looked horrible on me.
If you look, most are attached with just a few stitches and quite easy to remove. Hope this helps.
xx

Donna said...

Hi Teri, I love this layout and the fab elements you have used from the jungle kit...good luck in everything you do hun especially setting up your business and challenge blog...it's been fab working with you at TCC :) Donna x

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a lovely card teri.lovely image.

greetings karin

Micki said...

wow, I saw it and just loved it. Love those stripes and definitely love the black n white. As always, awesome card.... you're still the master at the 3D :-).

hugs

Wedgie said...

Hi Teri,

Fab card for this challenge, I love the papers you've used. Sorry to hear you're leaving the creative cottage - I'll miss your lovely cards.

Wedgie xxx

Rebekah said...

Love the layout of this card Teri, stunning colours, fab work. You will be greatly missed on our team but I will be regularly stalking you here and at delicious doodles! Good luck and hugs Rebekah xx

Lynda said...

Wow a fabulous card - I do love a good sketch and that is a great one! Those characters in the Jungle Kit look so sweet too.

Love Lynda xxx

Poppet said...

Great card Teri, I love the way you have used he kit. I bet you will be missed over at TCC but I can't wait to see what you are upto. :-) xx

Jennifer said...

WOW! Love this!

Debs said...

Love this card Teri - gteat take on the theme.
Thanks for playing along with my Spots & Stripes challenge at Allsorts this week.
Good luck
Debs xx

tiggertastic said...

this is such a fun card, i love it so moooouch