Monday, 25 October 2010

A 'Fairy' Merry Christmas

Hiya folks!

Hope you had a great weekend. Mine was quiet with hubby being away, apart from the kids with their usual noise, LOL. Still didn't get half of what I had planned done. Lord knows where the time goes these days, must be getting old or something. . .

I do have a card for you though, which took me blooming days to make!! Mostly because of all the fiddling I did with my backing papers. I made my own using a coloured version of my Poinsettia image and a scanned in texture using my old wallpaper. You can't see that bit too well, as it is covered in the image!

Talking of images, I am showcasing one of my newest doodles here, the 'Poinsettia Fairy', complete with little fairy sidekick! LOL  Here it is in black and white:


 And here is the finished card:


Like I said, I used my own backing paper to start with, accompanied by some papers from an Artylicious cd. My layout follows the sketch from this week's Friday Sketchers. I coloured my image with watercolour pencils, scanned it, and printed it for my fussy-cut layers. Finishing touches are some stickles and gems in the corners.


Simple really, so why did it take so long?? Wish I knew!! As usual I have a few challenges to enter:
Stamp Something - Use Digi's
Bee Crafty - Christmas
Totally Gorjuss - Sparkle
Crafty Pad - Christmas

Righty then. Need to catch up on the housework before the hubby gets home this afternoon. See you later folks!

10 comments:

Deanne @ Three Trees said...

Wow! This is just gorgeous! I love the image with all your colors and depth. Thanks so much for playing with us at Bee Crafty.

Deanne :)

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This card is sensational. Beautiful image and wonderful use of colour. The papers are gorgeous.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Hi Teri
Love this new image. As always, your work is absolutely breathtaking
H xx

Happy Days said...

What can I say other than stunning! x

Pascale said...

WOW I love your paper really scrummy and I love the layered image too. Need to print this one ready to play with. Hugs pascale

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful card teri, great image and great coloring.

greetings karin

Lynda said...

Totally stunning Teri - a beautiful image and I love the poinsettia border.

Love Lynda xxx

~*Joni said...

Teri this is beautiful! What a pretty card made with a gorgeous image. Love all of your details, thank you so much for participating in our Christmas challenge at Bee Crafty!
~*Joni

Debbie said...

Beautiful card Teri and fabulous colouring. :)
Thanks for sharing it with us at the Crafty Pad challenge this week. ;)
xxDebbie The Crafty Pad Stamp Designs

Cec said...

This is such a stunning card. Your colouring is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.
Hugs!
Cec