Thursday, 21 October 2010

Challenge #1 @ The Crafty Purple Frog!!

Hiya folks!

Yeay! It's the first ever challenge at The Crafty Purple Frog!! Yeay!!

You really need to get over to the Challenge Blog and take a shifty at the fabby prizes on offer for Kick Off - loads up for grabs!! (Including some goodies from my shop, Delicious Doodles) And what do you have to do to win these prizes??? ANYTHING folks - the theme is 'Anything Goes', couldn't be easier huh??


So, I made a sideways Easel card for this challenge using the Peacock Blue Pyrimage sheet, which I chopped about a bit as I don't usually do pyrimage. I wanted the square image from the pyrimage sheet, rather than the oval of the decoupage sheet. I also used a yummy frame from a My Craft Studio cd, blue pearescent card, stickles and a few punches and spare card bits. Here is a piccie of the fold:


So simple, yet it took blooming ages for me to actually finish. It was sitting on the desk for almost a week while I was busy with other stuff!! Me BAD!! Talking of which, I have another card to finish for tomorrow, so I really must get on. Here is a close-up of the image:


These sheets are a total joy to work with, especially if you love Ching Chou-Kuik's lovely artwork, but can't be doing with the colouring in of all the fiddly bits (like me!) These are already coloured, and the layers are already sorted for you - cool eh??

I am entering this into the 'Open' challenge at Flutterby Wednesday, and in the 'Open' challenge at Pear Tree Designs.

OK peeps, off you go and check out the Brand New Challenge at The Crafty Purple Frog - see you there folks!

17 comments:

Happy Days said...

Teri this is stunning. You're a bad gal, you and Pascale are leading me astray! You've got me into decoupaging everything in sight and then both of you are using these fab sheets which I now have to have!!! LOL x

Pascale said...

Hi Teri SIMPLY GORGEOUS> I love how you have presented her she looks awesome. Great frame too xxx Hugs Pascale

angelwhispers said...

Fabulous image she looks fab with all the glitz and the design just beautiful!!! Chanelle xxx

Lynda said...

Stunning card Teri - those images are adorable. I'm not a big fan of pyramage either so love how you've tweaked it to suit what you wanted!

Love Lynda xxx

kaos said...

Said it before, will say it again: your card is gorgeous! Love the frame - it fits perfectly!

crafty amy said...

This is amazing Teri! I love the lace effect with her it really works so well. I am so excited that we have finally got started thank you so much for all your support.

Huge hugs

Amy xx

Poppet said...

Beautiful card Teri. The image is fab, she looks like she's just stepped out from a stormy sea to me. Lovely colours. :-) xx

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

Teri that red behind your card just makes it POP!!!
WOW

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a beautiful and great card teri.
I love that image and your coloring is great.

greetings karin

Danni said...

Truly a stunning creation!! Wow! thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

mulberry station said...

Stunning card Teri!! Zyou had me going for a minute. I thougth you colored it. Just beautiful!
Nancy

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
Wow this card is awesome. The image is beautifully done and I just love the colours.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Micki said...

OMG, beautiful Teri. Absolutely stunning.

Tracy said...

fabulous card Teri the image is beautiful and the frame looks great. Tracy x

Vicky said...

Hi hunni this is stunning I absolutely love the colours. Your design of card I think is excellent what a fab idea. I wud of been over yesterday but I went shopping for a bigshot, I HATE shopping so ended up ill with a bad migrain for the rest of the day so didnt dare go anywhere near my laptop incase my head went ker-BOOM lol.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xx

hayward69 said...

This is just gorgeous and love the border you have used.

Jayne xx

Nancy said...

A stunning creation...love the coloring! Thanks for fluttering with us this week at Flutter By Wednesday!