Friday, 29 October 2010

Bit of a Quicky

Hiya folks!

Can you believe it, Friday already?!! Almost Halloween, D no2 has her school disco tonight, so I'll be slapping on the red make-up later (on her, not me!!) Oh what fun!

I have here a quick card I made for my Dad's birthday next Tuesday. It's in the post already, and he doesn't read blogs, so won't be seeing it here. I always struggle with cards for my Dad. It usually ends up being sport-related, as that's what he's most into.

So this time I settled on a cricket theme. He is currently writing a book about a few of the local cricket teams over the ages where he lives in the Vale of Berkeley (Gloucestershire). I scoured the net for a piccie that was vintage in style. I could have drawn one, but the mojo isn't there for cricket I'm afraid. Maybe one day I'll get an inspired flash and do something for it.


I found one in the end, a bit fuzzy but it'll do. I teamed it up with papers from Tinker & Co, one of their old sets 'Pause for thought'. I added a sentiment to the base card before printing. No extra layers today as it is being posted so I don't need to spend extra. Not that I'm skimping on my Dad's birthday, but he is 500 miles or so away and postage isn't that cheap any more!

Just hope he likes it!

Right. Off to try and come up with some an image for a request. Bit stumped but hopeful. . .oh, and I need to gouge out my pumpkin ready for the kids to cut later. Busy old day shaping up. . .!!

See ya peeps!

8 comments:

Sally H said...

Fabulous card, Teri! One that would appeal to my Dad too!

Lisa Foster said...

Love this Teri! I know he will too!
Hugs,
Lisa

Vicky said...

Hi hunni this is a fabberlicious card for your dad & I'm sure he will love it. I always find male cards hard to do....it tends to take me a while to get my Vicky-mo working lol. Hope you have a fab weekend hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This is a fantastic themed card. I'm sure your dad will love it. I love the layout and colour and the oldy world feel to it.
Hugs,
Fiona x

mckinkle said...

What a stunning card for your Dad Teri. It is so stylish with the lovely vintage feel yet its got a lovely freshness to it.

Sounds like youve got a great family weekend ahead, Im quite envious! I guess Im just a big kid at heart!

Have a great weekend!
Keryn x

Clare *Littlebear* said...

Wonderful card Teri. What a fab idea to use an image like this. I love the sentiment too.
Clare x

tiggertastic said...

Wow this is stylish,

vintage image combined with modern layout. wow !

Sarah x

Lynda said...

A lovely card Teri - you found a great image there.

Love Lynda xxx