Tuesday, 14 September 2010

Tuesday Taggers - Diamonds

Hiya folks!

I seem to be lacking in get up and go today, so please forgive me if I don't sound so chirpy in my posting.

We have a new theme over at Tuesday Taggers, and this week it was Pat's turn to choose. Being a lover of all things sparkly, she chose 'Diamonds are Forever' for her theme. Now, I was going to go potty with gems, but decided upon a wee Diamond shaped Pop-up card. Not done one of these for ages.


I kept it very simple really, as I was lacking in mojo too when I did this, what with having a busy old weekend with D no1's Birthday etc. Managed to finish it off on Monday morning. To tell the truth I'm not too chuffed with it. Looks rather plain, and lacks a 'something' that I can't put my finger on. . . That red bow is too big as well! I have used the sketch from Friday Sketchers for my layout, which I turned sideways:


I used my 'Baby Rudolf' image from my Delicious Doodles shop, which I coloured with the usual watercolour pencils, and popped him up on some foam pads. The flower is made with paper flowers from the stash. I put some stickles round the green card too, for some 'diamond effect'.

OK, so let's see what lovely diamond creations you can come up with then folks, head over to Tuesday Taggers if you want some much better inspiration than this one!

6 comments:

Micki said...

Oh no Teri, I think it's gorgeous. I wouldn't even know how to start to create one of those pop up cards; I know that feeling about somthing missing and can't put your finger on it but seriously, it's just too cute!!!!

hugs

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This is a cute little card. I lov ethe image and the fabulous layout. Brilliant.
Hugs,
Fiona x

PatR said...

How cute is this? Perfect for the diamond theme hun.
xx

Sally H said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Stop beating yourself up - it is so cute and a great fold!

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful creation Teri and that image is super adorable
Hugs
Lorraine x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Thats's really lovely.