Friday, 24 September 2010

Sweet Pea Stampers - Charmed

Hiya folks!

Well, some of us in the UK might have the sun, but we here in NE Scotland have the rain, wind and cold!! Time to get the winter coat out me thinks!! Bbrrrrrrr.

It's also time for a new challenge at Sweet Pea Stampers, and this week we are 'Charmed I'm Sure'. That's it, simple! We want to see some charms.


I have used Ching Chou-Kuik's 'Lotus Trio' from Sweet Pea Stamps for my card today, coloured with the usual watercolour pencils, and covered the moon in stickles! My layout follows the sketch from Sunday Sketch and Stamp:


My papers are from The Creative Cottage - Sunny Days and Summer Mornings. Both kits are digital. My ribbon is from my stash, as are the silvery brad tops. These are not actual brads, but just sticky metal dots that look like brads - cool huh?


My charms are not real charms either! These used to be part of a pair of ear-rings that I dismantled. They have been looped through the ribbon at the top. I am entering this in the challenge at Magical Monday, which is 'Under the Sea'.

Right then folks - lets see those charms. Head over to Sweet Pea Stampers for some more inspiration, and to check out the yummy prize up for grabs this fortnight. See you there!

17 comments:

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
well i had sun this morn, now i got cloud!
gorgeous card, awesome colour work as always, luv those pretty charms, have great weekend hun, sue,x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi teri,
Beautiful colours and embellishments. the image is gorgeous in all these wonderful colours. Brilliant crafting.
Hugs,
Fiona x

KarinsArtScrap said...

this sweet pea stamp is great teri.
love the glitter too

greetings karin

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous Teri.love the colours and all the stickles.xxx

Pops x said...

This is so pretty honey in gorgeous colours, thank you for joining us at Magical Monday hugs Pops x xx

Heidi said...

Gorgeous card! I love the colours you used. Great idea with the old earrings, they look great as an embellishment THanks for joining us at Magical Mondays!

Lynda said...

Gorgeous card Teri - love the image and those charms are great. The weather's been much the same here today - very cold, wet and windy too.

Love Lynda xxx

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Teri this is stunning what fabulous colours and I love those charms gives this card an Asian look which I adore.
Hugs
Lorraine x

crafty amy said...

Ooh this is gorgeous hun I am loving all that sparkle it has been wet and misserable here too but at least has ment I have had no problems crafting :D

Hugs

Amy xx

tmcc4 said...

Awesome card!!! Love the coloring and I just love these images..I haven't bought any yet and IDK why :( ..there so fabulous..love your colors...Thank you for playing with SS&S!!! good luck
Mandy

Pascale said...

Wow you have made the image look really enchanting hun and I love your charms they are perfect. Hugs Pascale

hayward69 said...

Oh wow I love this image and the glittery detail. Great charms used and colours.

Thanks for joining in with us on Magical Monday

Jayne xx

tiggertastic said...

so pretty, i love your three dangle bits, very effective.

And the Halloween card below is out of this world - i love every element of it.

hope you have had a good weekend.

sarah x

Poppet said...

Beautiful card Teri. The papers work perfectly with the image. I was thinking as I was looking at your card "wouldn't the charms make great earrings" and it turns out they did!. It's very grey in Sheffield today (Monday) so I'm looking at all the colourful cards on blogs to cheer myself up. :-) xx

Annie said...

such a beautiful card with this gorgeous image, I love the colours and the sparkle! thanks for joining us at Magical Mondays!
hugs, annie x

Debbie said...

This is beautiful - has such an exotic feel to it

Lacey Stephens said...

Gorgeous card!! So beautiful and "Magical" and perfect for the Under Water Challenge!! Thanks for playing along with the Magical Monday Challenge!! We will have another new one for you on Monday. We hope you can play along again!
~Lacey
www.stampancreate.com
Magical Monday Challenge DT