Wednesday, 29 September 2010

The Sisterhood at The Creative Cottage

Hiya folks!

Yeah, wierd title huh? That's because today I have been a naughty girl and combined two DT pieces into one card - me bad!! Tee-hee!!

So, at The Creative Cottage this week we want to see 'Loads of bling', and at The Sisterhood of Crafters we'd like to see 'More than one flower', a nice easy embellishment challenge. Not too easy then peeps, which is why I managed to combine the two. I have used a sketch from Midnight Madness for my card layout:


And here is my card:


My papers are from The Creative Cottage Shop - 'Trick or Treat' kit. I have used these papers to make all the 'flowers' on this card. I cut out the little cobweb shapes on the different coloured sheets, and then shaded the edges with ink. I then popped a black glittery brad in the centres, scrunched them up and unfolded a bit, finally adding some purple stickles at the edges. Here is a wee close-up piccie:


I have liberally smothered the cobwebby backing paper in some clear stickles too. The corner bits on the image frame are made with a shapeabilities 'fleur-de-lys' die, trimmed to size, and again smothered in yellow stickles this time. Hope it's 'blingy' enough for you girls!


My image is a new one of my own 'Cloaked Lady', available in my Delicious Doodles Shop. I coloured her with the usual watercolour pencils (sorry, that's all I own for colouring!) before scanning into the compy and printing out for layering. I hope I have managed to get the feeling of depth I was after. Do you think she's on her way to meet with the coven? LOL


This fits a couple of other challenges too funnily enough! At Haunted Design House and at Totally Papercrafts the theme is 'Magic', and at Delightful Challenges the theme is 'Sparkle'.

Righty then folks, need to brave the elements and visit the garden centre now. Trying to source some decent fruit bushes for my 'new style' edible garden. Attempting to have a comby of stuff that looks good and is also edible, but I also want to have butterflies and bees, so I need normal flowers and bushes too.

Also still trying to finish me painting, tidying up after the sproggs ready for MIL's arrival, and still got a door to make, along with a frame. Plus I have to finish up some new images and sort out me Delicious Doodles Blog ready for the new DT announcement on Friday.
Oh, my head hurts!!

26 comments:

Susan's crafty chaos said...

Now how am I meant to compete with this beauty when I use that image? :P Treri, this is gorgeous, your colouring is superb, and yes, there is a real sense of depth to it, even on a flat monitor. And the cobweb flowers are just genius, I think I'm going to be stealing that idea. Errr, I mean, be inspired by that idea :P
Thanks for joining in with our Macabre Monday Magical Mayhem challenge at HDH this week :)

Pascale said...

Love the papers and such a gorgeous purple cloak love it! Hugs Pascale

Rebekah said...

This is fab Teri! Good on you for combining DT work I need to do some of that myself lol! This is a stunning card with penty of sparkle, love tht image too she is wonderful, good luck with that DT announcement too hugs Rebekah xx
Ps if you ever start a challenge blog I'm bound to join in just to try and win some of your images ! xx

Suzie McFloozy said...

Teri this card is a work of art - stunning. I love how you've used this kit and your colouring is faultless.
Def enough bling too - just gorgeous hun xx
((hugs)) Suzie xx

Denise Clark said...

I love this intriguing image! Such mystery! Love your glittery cobweb background! The flowers are outstanding. Love how you carried through with the webs! Terrific, fun card!

Anita said...

Stunning! Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
WOW what a totally awesome card, i luv it, awesome colouring, great image, fabulous webs, sue,x

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful card teri, great image and coloring.
love the glitter that you always used.

greetings karin

Lynda said...

Wow Teri this is sensational - I love the colours you've used, the image is fab and those cobweb flowers are inspirational - don't know where you thought that one up! You're just too creative!!

Love Lynda xxx

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

WOW
Speechless at the beauty is an understatement. I adore your art but could never hope to compare

Wedgie said...

Wow Teri..fab card! I love the colours and how you've coloured your image. I have to say i'm partial to using my sparkles liberally too!

Wedgie xxx

coldwaters2 said...

WOWWWWW Teri this is awesome what a wonderful design this has impact with the background, flowers and image stunning card.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Sally H said...

Wow, Teri! This is totally stunning!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

WOW this is so awesome and I love the added sparkle!! You constantly drop my jaw to the floor in awe of your creativity!! FABULOUS!!

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh Teri this is sooo magical! LOVE your dimension and those webby flowers are sooo cool! thanks for joining us for MM at HDH xxD

Andrea C said...

this card is brill and I really really really really (I mean really) love those flowers they are way too cool x

Tracy said...

wow Teri this is stunning the image looks fabulous and i love all the sparkle. Tracy x

Carol said...

Teri this is just amazing. I love the glittered spider webs in the background. How clever of you to put the spider webs in the center of the flowers too! What a journey into magical creative inspiration. Great job with the sketch. Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

Bear Hugs,
Carol
Midnight Madness Design Team

artyventure said...

That cloaked lady is beautiful! Stunning card!

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW this is stunning, I love it. Think I may have to come visit the shop again soon. Pop over to my blog as I have a wee award for you there Hazelxoxo

Lovely Linda said...

Another gorgeous ebtry from you Terri - I love those spider webs - they are very cool! Gorgeous image and fabulous colouring as usual! Love it! Thank you for joining us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week - we appreciate your support and would love to see you play along next week! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Connie M. said...

wow, Teri! this is just sooo wonderful!! I love this image, and those spiderwebs!! Thanks so much for playing this week in the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week! Hugs!!

Connie
MMDT

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Hi Teri!

Love this! She looks amazing - so medieval and mystical. Love all the cobwes and how you made them into "flowers". FAB!

Thanks for joining Midnight Madness Challenge. Your support is highly valued, and we hope to see you playing with us again real soon ;o)

Hugs
Gunn
MMSCDT

Barb said...

Fantastic work as usual, my friend! LOVE the image and all of those webs :) Thanks so much for playing along with HDH's Macabre Monday!

Barb said...

Fantastic work as usual, my friend! LOVE the image and all of those webs :) Thanks so much for playing along with HDH's Macabre Monday!

Kathy Bradley said...

Great card - beautiful colors.