Wednesday, 1 September 2010

The Sisterhood - Anything But a Card

Me again folks!

Just a quickie to feature my DT piece for The Sisterhood this week. We've had a little break while the Blog Hop was going, and are back with more fun challenges to help you use up some stash.

Which is just what I did with my non-card piece - it's a corner bookmark:


I have seen a few of these floating around in blogland and wanted to give it a whirl, so I followed (kind of) a tutorial from SCS. I grabbed some card from the bits box and made the base, and punched the flowers from the same bits. A bit of organza ribbon and a gem later and hey presto! WOW, it was so quick and simple - may use these for a few Xmas pressies!


Some lovely pieces over at The Sisterhood if you are stuck for inspiration, so pop over and take a look folks!

11 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
You're having a busy day. This bookmark is gorgeous. I lov ethis style of bookmark. Beautiful flower and punched border.
Hugs,
Fiona x

TannyP said...

Beautiful! I have yet to make one of these and yours is so stunning & elegant that I'm going to have to give it a try!

sweetbloominscraps said...

Oh Teri, this bookmark is beautiful. You know how I love your flowers and it looks so gorgeoous with the heart border punch!

Sally H said...

This is gorgeous! I might make a few myself. Lot's of Meg's friends are twilight fans, so great Christmas pressies! Thanks so much for your kind words. I'm okay. Keeping busy and cooking lots!

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Teri I love this one I have seen them around as well and meant to give them a try thank you for the inspiration.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Poppet said...

Great idea Teri. These would make great little stocking fillers for Christmas. I love your coffee and cream colour scheme. :-) xx

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

This is AWESOME Teri! I've seen these adorable book markers and the tutorial but just haven't had the time to give it a try! Thanks for inspiration and I hope my turns out half as fantastic as yours!! Great job!!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Ooops, forgot to mention how much I like the "NEW LOOK"! Fabulous Darling!!

mulberry station said...

Beautiful bookmark...thanks for the info on the tutorial. Going to have to make some of those..too cute!
Nancy

Micki said...

this is such a neat & unique bookmark, it's gorgeous. Yes, these would make some great gitfs..... if I'd ever have time, gotta try it.

Love it. :-)

Tracy said...

this is gorgeous Teri, love the colours and all the detail, I havnt tried one of these but going to have to they look great. Tracy x