Friday, 17 September 2010

Poinsettia Christmas Card

Hiya folks - me again!

Second post today - scroll down for The Creative Cottage Sneaky Peak!

Well, it's a bit blooming chilly outside today, so no gardening for me!! I will have to be content with my crafting (oh dear, how sad - LOL) My second post for today is showcasing one of my new images, the Poinsettia, available now in my shop. I did one last year, but this one is more flowing and free and looks a lot better (if you ask me).


I have coloured this with my usual watercolour pencils, scanned it in the compy and printed out for the layering. Some folk have asked how I manage to get my reds to print out so red - I have used my regular Epson printer, with original cartridges not compatibles (colours go all wierd with compatibles I find). I print onto some matt coated paper from my local Tesco Extra store (General Use matt coated photo paper). I also make it a tad lighter in the printer settings, otherwise it comes out a bit too dark. Hope this helps you all peeps!


So, my layout is from the sketch this week at Midnight Madness. Didn't get to play last week - too darned busy!! But I have made the extra effort to play this time! Here is the fancy version sketch:


I have printed out a nouveau style border in red on a creamy backing - too faint to see the pattern (darn!) This has been placed onto dark green cardstock which I have smeared gold metallic rub-on around. The sentiment is computer generated using an 'art nouveau borders and corners' typeface, made very large and in red, with the words done in 'Birmingham' in green. This was printed on a yellowy-gold  background and fussy-cut. Lastly I put some stickles on for a bit of bling.


I am entering a few other challenges with this card too, so here goes:

Colour Create : Red, Gold, White, Cream (sorry - used some green too!)
MAWTT : Christmas
Just Inspirational : Christmas

OK, best be off and get some work done now then. Stay safe and warm folks!!

21 comments:

Tracy said...

this is so beautiful Teri i love that image. Tracy x

Purple Crazy said...

Lovely image and beautiful card

Carol said...

Teri you poinsettia is exquisite. I love all the layers you used to build it. What a beautifully crafted Christmas Card! Great job with the sketch. Thank you so much for playing along in the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This is stunning. that poinsettia is so gorgeous - the card doesn't need anything else. Beautiful work.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Tracy said...

Beautiful flower Teri and I love the scroll work border! Thanks so much for joining us at Just Inspirational this week!

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW Love Love Love It. Thanks for playing along with us this week, will need to come Blog Shopping as I see you have some more fabby images up.
Love Hazelxoxo

Valerie said...

Such a pretty card. Just love it!
http://1-happyscrapper.blogspot.com/

KarinsArtScrap said...

your poinsettia is great
beautiful red color
lovely card

greetings karin

Brenda Brown said...

This is a fabulous card Teri, your image is beautiful and I love how you have used it.
Thankyou for joining in with our Christmas challenge at MAWTT this week.
Luv Brenda xxxx

Gale said...

This is so pretty - giving me some good ideas for my "special" Christmas Cards. The card is very rich looking in its colors and style.

Lisa Jane said...

Beautiful Poinsetta - elegant card
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
Lisa ;)

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Oh this is stunning, I love the richness of the red colours just fab!
Thanks for joining us this week at MAWTT!
Hugs Shell xx

Sue said...

Hi Hun
stunning card,gorgeous flower, lovely design, sue,x

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Teri - this is stunning - alsolutely stunning! I love your colours and those gorgeous layers! This is a fabulous take on the Sketch Teri - 'Love it! Thank you for joining us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week - we love having you play along and would love to see you again next week! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Hi Teri!
Absolutely amazing poinsetta! Love what you have done around the egde - that looks sooo good!
Very lovely christmascard!

Thanks for joining Midnight Madess Challenge. Your support is highly valued, and we hope to see you playing with us again real soon ;o)

Hugs
Gunn
MMSCDT

Ildiko said...

I love your poinsetia. I use compatible, I print way to much to use the original lol thanks playing with JI this week
hugs
Ildiko

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Beautiful card, thanks for joining us this week over at MAWTT, good luck! Heidi x

Denise @ kc242 said...

Teri, your poinsetta card is simply lovely! Thanks so much for joining us at Midnight Madness.
Denise
MMDT

Sharon said...

Hi Teri,

Wow your Poinsettia is just gorgeous and perfect for Christmas cards! I love the border you've created. Great card.

Thanks for joining the Colour Create Challenge.

Sharon x

kelli said...

your flower is truly gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us at MAWTT! x

Daniele said...

stunning card thanks for joining us at JIC
hugs