Wednesday, 8 September 2010

Evil Elegance

Hiya folks!

WOW - you seem to like the new and improved Sisterhood challenge last week! Loads of entries for us to mooch round - fabulous ladies!! Thank you all so much!

My turn to set the new challenge this week, and I have cooked up a Recipe for you. A nice and simple 1-2-3 Recipe too:

1 - Ribbon/trim

2 - Designer papers
3 - Flowers

How simple is that then folks!! Can't wait to see what yummies you cook up for us this week.



For my DT card I am using my newest image, 'Evil Puss', available now in my Delicious Doodles Shop. I coloured in with watercolour pencils, scanned in and printed it a few times on an A4 sheet for the layers. It came out a bit blacker than I had hoped, but there you go.

I used a sketch for my layout from the Sketch Saturday challenge:


And this also fits the recipe at Crafty Catz (3 x embs, 2 x dp, 1 x image), Spoon Full of Sugar (Animals) and Haunted Design House (Elegant Evil - well, cats are supposed to be elegant aren't they? LOL)

So, my dp's are digital, been on the compy so long I can't remember where they came from (ooops!). Flowers are made with punches and gold brads. I made the wee tabs using a MS punch - the same as the one I used for the frilly bit at the bottom of the sketch. Just trimmed it and used one bit of the arch shape.


In the four corners of the card I have used some sticky metal bits. These look like brads, but are just the heads with sticky backs. Much less fiddly! For my ribbon I used some guipuir (spelling?) trim in black. Such yummy stuff! I smudged a bit of metallic rub on over it too, as well as round the edges of the card, and on the flower petals.

OK folks, that's me then for today. Got some DT stuff to catch up on today, along with some washing, not that it will dry today though, too wet!! Good job I have a tumble dryer! See ya later peeps!

20 comments:

Tracy said...

wow Teri this is fabulous i love the colours and the image is just brilliant! Tracy x

Lynda said...

You can just imagine the cat uttering that sentiment lol - a great card Teri, love the colours and the way you've gold distressed on the black.

Love Lynda xxx

Jo said...

This is so brilliant! moody yet beautiful, I love it! *claps*
Thank you for joining us at Sketch Saturday
Jo xx

Susan's crafty chaos said...

Hi Teri, I love this one, the puss is brilliant, and thanks for joining in with us over at HDH this week :D
I also have a question. Your cat and the bp both have wonderfully true red bits, and I simply can't get my printer to print out a true red onto normal cardstock; it will only work on glossy paper. I've asked other friends to try it too, and we all seem to have the same problem, that true red on the screen comes out looking like it's got a pink purple brown or orange wash over the top of the red. Do you have any helpfil tips? Did you do anything in particular when you printed this? You didn't really want to do laundry today, did you, lol, obviously you'd MUCH rather spend the day teaching us poor mortals how to work with printed red colours :P

mckinkle said...

hee hee I love what youve done with this spooky cat! The colours are just perfect and I love the details too especially the arched tabs.

Keryn x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
Magnificent card. the red and black work so well together. The flowers are awesome and that cat looks positively malevalent.
The big yellow thing is back!!!Hugs,
Fiona x

Lindsey said...

Great card. Hope the recipient has a sense of humour!!! Love the colours and the layout. Brilliant! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x

mulberry station said...

Oh Teri, What an amazing card! The colors are so yummy and those gorgeous flowers!!! Love the sketch!
Nancy

Michelle said...

I love this gorgeous card! Your evil kitty is fab!

Creepy Glowbugg said...

Perfectly elegant and evil! I just love the kitty and the red claws!
I have to say that I look forward to you teaching me how to use my MS punches and Spellbinders outside of their original design! I love the look of the tabs!! You are just so clever!!
Thanks for playing along with HDH this week.

Sue said...

Hi Hun
wow thats one fabulous card, awesome image, gorgeous colour combo, luv the flowers, stunning hun,sue,x

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a great card teri
love the black and red colors and papers

greetings karin

carol said...

oh your card looks super, love the colour. thankyou for joining us this week at craftycatz, x carol

Andrea C said...

fantastic love the claws on the cat and the card looks so cool love the colours x

DonnaMundinger said...

I puuurrrrsonally feel cats are the most elegant creatures alive and of course your fab flowers and all are as well. Beautiful card and the sentiment is a hoot. Thanks for joining us for MM at HDH. xxD

Alex said...

Love, love, love it!!! This is a wonderful card. Lynx and I have decided you are closet goth, LOL! :D

Allison said...

this is wonderful teri, looks like another image I'm going to have to have
AllisonX

Basslady said...

a very cool card!
love the 3-d-effect and your awesome flowers!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Yumi's Blog said...

Oh' this kind of gift card is what I am looking for, so cool! I want to learn how to make something like that. Thanks for sharing.

philippine gifts

ford said...

Awesome!looks very classy the cat so cute funny looking but its absolutely a nice one. Keep posting!

gifts Philippines